R. Woods released

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Remix 6, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

RaShaun Woods got released by Chargers..currently healing a hammy but he played for 49ers ..was a first rounder..6"2 . was supposed to be good but might be a bust thus far. anyone think we take a shot at him?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  2. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Re: Woods released

The title is misleading. Please change it. (Pierre Woods, Pats' OLB...)

3. Hok

Hok Third String But Playing on Special Teams

He's been a massive bust, but he's got more talent than the back end of our WR depth chart.

4. primetime

primetime Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

#18 Jersey

I'd sign him for a minimum deal and expect Andre Davis type numbers from him. That's about it.

5. I think he only has 85 speed, according to Madden NFL 2006 so I wouldn't sign him. Just kidding, might as well who else do the Pats have?

6. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Bam CHildress and John Stone, two young players who can get better. Woods has gone downhill since coming into the league.

That said, nothing wrong with bringing him in for a no-signing-bonus contract and see what shakes in training camp.

Worst that could happen is that he gets cut like David Terrell.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  7. Remix 6

most likely can get him for cheap..release him if hes not any good. i mean i think hes better than Shelton..Davis and whoever else.

8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

#12 Jersey

LMAO. this is the guy I wanted when we drafted that Ben Watson guy instead :eek:

9. mcsully

mcsully In the Starting Line-Up

The chargers released him pretty quick.. Didn't they change 1st round busts.. I don't know.. But since we have a WR corp on the mend, I have no problem picking him up.. Then again something might be around the corner with this guy.. He got dumped fast!

10. Remix 6

he didnt practice a few times b.c a hammy..thats whati f anything and they dont wanna wait

11. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

That's what I thought, too. Hope this doesn't spawn a flood of stupid threads. "Harrison practices" (Marvin) "Brady seen with college-age girl" (Quinn) "Faulk out for season!" (Marshall)

12. captain stone

captain stone Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

No Jersey Selected

Heck, yes, bring him in (if...the Price is Right).
    If Woods signs tonight, he will be, at worst, our #5-6 WR tomorrow.

13. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

#12 Jersey

I'd be intrigued but he was traded for another high pick bust then released - seems like it would be similar to other teams' fans getting excited if Bethel were released.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2005
  14. It wouldn't hurt to take a look at him.

Attached Files:

15. Richter

Richter In the Starting Line-Up

I liked him a lot coming out of college, he's been hurt unfortunately, and likely misused by the 9ers (hated that they drafted him). I'd definitely take a look.

16. Crowpointer

Crowpointer Third String But Playing on Special Teams

You never know what you might be getting because of this bizarre battle between GM Smith and Schottenheimer. Maybe a diamond in the rough. Woods was Smiths first pick as GM. As far as I can tell the coach and GM hate each other.(remember the rumours they were releasing Donnie Edwards because of the battle between the two).This might be a spite cut. What the hell take a shot.

17. hughthehand

hughthehand On the Roster

18. NavinR.Johnson

NavinR.Johnson On the Roster

Smiths first pick was the candy man who was traded for woods

19. Crowpointer

Crowpointer Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2005
  20. broadwayjoe

broadwayjoe In the Starting Line-Up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.