PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

R.I.P., Marquise Hill (1982-2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Condolences from the Bronco Nation go out to Hill's family and friends, the Patriots organization and to all the Patriot fans at this difficult time.

RIP Marquise Hill. A tragic loss. A fine young man that will remain in the hearts of all NFL fans.

On Memorial Day Weekend, and man who wore the uniform of a Patriot dies saving a friend. When you think of Marquise Hill smile knowing that his life was not a waste. If I was with the family I would tell them that it's ok to be sad, but remember the good times and smile, that's what Marquise would want from you.

As for everyone feeling awful about downing him about his football talent, cut yourselves a little slack.

Marquise Hill maybe wasn't born to be an NFL player, but he chose to be a hero and that's a hell of a lot better than being a simple athlete.

Just want to add my condolences to the Hill and Patriot Team families. A guy like Marquise, not a "star", criticized by many, yet apparently a very fine person, makes me appreciate how many quality people there are in the NFL, whose names get dragged down by the Vicks and Portis' and Packman's. Also, how easy it is to take shots at players in a sport where the difference between a "star" and an "occasional" player is often very slim. RIP.

As for criticisms of his "judgment" in using his jet ski without a life jacket and then extrapolating those criticsims to his "judgment" on the football field and elsewhere, how many of us would survive media and blog scrutiny of some of the dumb things we have done and, maybe, been lucky to still find ourselves alive afterwards? Give it a rest.

Last edited:
Just want to add my condolences to the Hill and Patriot Team families. A guy like Marquise, not a "star", criticized by many, yet apparently a very fine person, makes me appreciate how many quality people there are in the NFL, whose names get dragged down by the Vicks and Portis' and Packman's. Also, how easy it is to take shots at players in a sport where the difference between a "star" and an "occasional" player is often very slim. RIP.

As for criticisms of his "judgment" in using his jet ski without a life jacket and then extrapolating those criticsims to his "judgment" on the football field and elsewhere, how many of us would survive media and blog scrutiny of some of the dumb things we have done and, maybe, been lucky to still find ourselves alive afterwards? Give it a rest.

Yeah,The same people criticizing Marquise for not using a life jacket are mainly the same people who get into a car everyday without using the seat belt

My 9 year old son and I were watching the 4 letter when they ran this story. He looked at me and said "well, at least he played for the patriots".:eek:

I was SHOCKED, to say the least. I couldn't beleive that he didn't realize the significance of what happened. I told him that no matter what team he played for or what he did in life, he was a HUMAN BEING, no different than me or my son, and was the victim of a tragic accident. At times like this, sports no longer matter. We're talking about the tragic death of a vibrant young man. Its a tragedy, regardless of the circumstances.

Condolences to the Hill family and all of patriot nation from my family and I.

Yeah,The same people criticizing Marquise for not using a life jacket are mainly the same people who get into a car everyday without using the seat belt

I agree with you . I read the column that the writer Bob George(http://www.patsfans.com/bob/display_story.php?story_id=3108 )had wrote and I thought to myself "there are things here that were better left unsaid. "
So what if he was gonna be cut . The issue at hand is now his family has lost someone very dear to them . And so has the Team . His family is in my prayers. It was his time for the lord to take him on . no matter if a life jacket was on or not and if it was daylight or evening. He will be missed by all . :(

I don't think so. His lack of lifejacket use will be rightly publicized as a way to increase awareness and save lives.

I think bringing up his lack of service on the football field is inapropriate, but acknowledging that he made an error in judgement that could have potentially saved his life is.

Condolences from the Bronco Nation go out to Hill's family and friends, the Patriots organization and to all the Patriot fans at this difficult time.

RIP Marquise Hill. A tragic loss. A fine young man that will remain in the hearts of all NFL fans.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Marquise's family and friends. He was definitely one of the good guys off the field.

Please wear your PFD's if you're riding a PWC. It's a shame that something as simple as that cost him his life.

I think bringing up his lack of service on the football field is inapropriate, but acknowledging that he made an error in judgement that could have potentially saved his life is.

It's delicate, certainly none of us want to criticize the victim of a tragedy. Yet if the lesson here can save other lives it would be shameful to bury it. A motorcycle helmet for Ben Roethlisberger, a life jacket for Marquise Hill...they're sobering reminders that that no matter how young and strong and seemingly invincible you are, it doesn't pay to take those chances. For the sake of those who love you, play safe.

It's delicate, certainly none of us want to criticize the victim of a tragedy. Yet if the lesson here can save other lives it would be shameful to bury it. A motorcycle helmet for Ben Roethlisberger, a life jacket for Marquise Hill...they're sobering reminders that that no matter how young and strong and seemingly invincible you are, it doesn't pay to take those chances. For the sake of those who love you, play safe.

That's the problem us Bronco fans are having regarding Darrent. Some new stuff has come to liight that indicates that he was the intended target of the shooters and that the incident had been brewing long before that night in the club. I son't know whether to be mad at him for hanging with the wrong crowd, be sad because he was shot in cold blood and left behind two children, or both.

Tragic. :(

R.I.P. Marquise

I still can't believe it.

Rest peacefully, Marquise.

There's some silly crap that gets printed on every message board but it's good to see fans from other teams putting aside their partisanship and acknowledging that the man and life in general are more important than the game and also remembering how Pats fans did the same during their time of sorrow.

After 911 the Soxs fans were singing New York, New York in the bleachers to make a point about unity and I remember Joe Torre talking about that point and how it gave him chills when he saw it. I felt the same way and the only other time I've had that exact feeling was when the Pats were announced as a team before the Rams SB.

Sad that we need a cold slap in the face at time to remember what's important.

RIP Marquise.

R.I.P.

When the coffin closes, and the team colors fade; all your left with are the memories of great things regardless of affiliation. Rest in Peace, and I bid the farewell...

Dear Patriots fans,

As a Broncos fan I wanted to extend my sympathies to all of you concerning the tragic loss of Marquise Hill. As you well know our Broncos lost two players in the offseason and it's been pretty unreal. We had many sympathies from Patriots fans on our Broncos messageboards following the tragic losses of D.Will and Damien Nash and I wanted to return the favor. I am so sad to see another loss in the NFL and I was hoping no other team or group of fans would have to go through what we have had to experience this year. I'm very sad for Marquise's loss and I wanted to let you all know that we as Broncos fans feel your pain.

I also wanted to say again that your #27 was amazing in his postseason tributes to D.Will, it's something that I will never forget and I will always be a huge fan of Ellis Hobbs for his heart. He really seemed to have the strength of two players during the postseason at times and I feel that D.Will was playing through Hobbs and having a blast doing so.

Hang in there Pats fans, and again, my sympathies.

Lisa

Our hearts are going out to Patriot Nation today - I feel for all your fans and city. We know what it's like to lose a player unexpectedly - it's a tough loss. He was far far too young. We were cheering for Mr Hobbs last year when he wore a DWill t-shirt under his jersey, and it was like watching our #27 play again! :-(

So now, we return your kindness and wish you all the best for the loss of Marquise Hill. RIP. Hang in there Patriot Nation. BRONCO NATION sends it's regards.

Jake Girl - Broncos Fan.

Last edited:
Dear Patriots fans,

As a Broncos fan I wanted to extend my sympathies to all of you concerning the tragic loss of Marquise Hill. As you well know our Broncos lost two players in the offseason and it's been pretty unreal. We had many sympathies from Patriots fans on our Broncos messageboards following the tragic losses of D.Will and Damien Nash and I wanted to return the favor. I am so sad to see another loss in the NFL and I was hoping no other team or group of fans would have to go through what we have had to experience this year. I'm very sad for Marquise's loss and I wanted to let you all know that we as Broncos fans feel your pain.

I also wanted to say again that your #27 was amazing in his postseason tributes to D.Will, it's something that I will never forget and I will always be a huge fan of Ellis Hobbs for his heart. He really seemed to have the strength of two players during the postseason at times and I feel that D.Will was playing through Hobbs and having a blast doing so.

Hang in there Pats fans, and again, my sympathies.

Lisa

I want to second the Ellis Hobbs thing. It was incredibly classy and we all appreciated it a lot.

Condolences to Marquise's family, friends, and fans.

he suffered a mild concussion during the incident. no drugs or alcohol however.

This was senseless and tragic. My condolences to Marquise's family, friends, and Patriot fans. May he R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe