PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

R.I.P., Marquise Hill (1982-2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, I am starting to get queasy because of unnecessary public talk of SB parades, publishing of possible perfect season books/memoribila etc. - all things that have jinxed other teams in the past.

At least those plans were made by those not associated with the Pats.

But today, I find that the Pats have filed a trademark for the 19-0 and similar phrases! :eek:

No doubt they had very good reasons for it and I understand perfectly well that none of our raves and rantings have any effect on the game. But still, why do I feel the distinct unease over all this....? :(

Please ensure that no evil eye has an impact on us!! You can see by my regular mails to you that I am big believer of all this...:)

I will make one more plea on Sunday, ok?? Thanks man...

Marquise, we'd all ask that you go out to play with your boys one last time this season. A life lost too young. A legacy that will live on in history forever. RIP.

Dear Marquise,

Just as I thought there was too much coverage/mention of many activities that I normally consider as things that are prone to jinx the team, the eve of SB became more aggravating for a few fans like me who were reading the so called 'opinions' breaking out on espn.com and fox.com last night.

Those 'opinons' and 'investigative reports' followed our lovely BH's report earlier yesterday of a uncorraborated claim by some source that the Pats could have taped the Rams' walk-thrus prior to the '01 SB season. And of course, the main story on the BH did not contain the statements by the Pats and the NFL that this was not accurate. Those denials were disclosed in a separate section.

What a shoddy reporting by BH especially the flimsy contents and the timing of the report! I mean, by all means report what crap you want to. But can't you wait until you get some reliable facts and solid points to back up your allegations? And, considering you are a local paper who should be realizing that this final game is such a significant one for the local team, the league and the fans, can't you slur the team after the big event tonight??

Left me mad and fuming all my night and I woke up this morning still fuming that these happened to 'coincidentally' break just out before SB.

Please watch out a little bit extra for both the coaches and the players man. :)

Hope the team is NOT distracted about this like I am and they get a solid W with a performance that will make every critic stand up and salute their greatness.

Thanks Marquise!

Sure wish you were here with the team. But guess the view from above might also be a better one. :)

Please do watch out for us dude. I mean it!

Will log in after the game tonight and keep you posted.

Last edited:
Marquise man. All this talk about us just being angry about spygate and ripping other teams, thats all false. this was for you. we fought for you. never forgotten, RIP

Marquise, sit back, watch, and enjoy. You're a part of this, still.

This Super Bowl is for Marquise and his family...enjoy

It's on man! An hour before the kick-off! I switched off the TV and went out for a few hours without having any contact with anything to do with football and voila! I returned with my earlier enthusiasm and amazing hunger to get this W!

Keeping watching over us buddy!! Hopefully we raise the trophy in your remembrance in about three hours!

GO PATS!!!!

Hurting man, deeply hurting.

Can't believe that such a glorious season had to end in that manner. Though the Giants outplayed us for most of the game until the last few minutes, I thought we had a chance once we are up by 4 and there was less than 3 mts to play. But Jr Manning made an amazing escape from a sure sack (well, that was a third down and he would have still got another shot) and made a friggin 30 yrd throw that was caught in the most acrobatic manner by one of the Giants' receiver.

Unlike last AFCG, where the loss was too terrible, this one feels relatively bearable because we got outplayed and outcoached. I am sure we can point to many last minute distractions and the pressure but hey - it is a very rare opportunity to go 19-0 in this day and we blew a very good chance to attain immortality.

Anyway. Last night game was truly one evening that I am glad you were not there.

RIP bro. Both the players and the fans were so eager to dedicate everything to you, and it is with deep regret that we couldn't finish the last step.

Maybe next year?? ;) Please be with us!

Lets hope they keep his number on their helmets!

Marquise maybe you could pull some strings above and get Randy back for us. Look after the team this offseason and make sure they don't take this loss to hard. Always in our thoughts, RIP.

Marquise...sorry the team couldn't do it for you in the end man. So close...RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes