Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many regular season wins will the Patriots get in 2011?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares how many games we win?

We're gonna get to have handheld gizmos in the stands to check out of town scores! Awesome!

I think 11, but for some reason my hand wouldn't let me click anything less than 12 ;)

Assuming the OP meant 2010...

I was thinking 12, but then for some reason, I thought that maybe the win streak against Buffalo will come to an end. All good things do. 11 wins, still good enough to take a hotly contested division, lose in the second round of the playoffs to a resurgent Titans team.

Three "bold" predictions. 11-5 is good enough for the AFC East (with tiebreakers), a Pats loss to Buffalo, and the Titans making it to the AFCCG.

I'm sure I'll change my mind sometime between now and August.

I voted conservatively for 12 wins, only because I can't see this team getting 5 losses.

At the end of last season I saw three major areas of concern among the several weaknesses. First, was the lack of a reliable receiving target after Moss and Welker. On paper, this area has been seriously addressed with the new additions of Gronkowski, Hernandez, Holt, Tate, and Price. Odds are, one each from the TE and WR group will prove to be reliable enough to earn Brady's trust.

Secondly, the lack of team chemistry on defense. New additions, draftees, along with unproductive veterans (AD, Springs), were the main reasons why the three units weren't on the same page. This side of the ball has now been weeded out from those who fit best, last season's new additions now have more experience in the system, and additional talent has been brought on board. But more importantly IMO, is Belichick taking the reigns. He earned his "brilliant" label as a DC years ago, and I strongly believe with his hands-on approach, this year's defense will have no choice but to play as one.

Finally, the lack of defensive leadership. Once again, new players contributed to this void. I think when we look at each of the three units, we can easily select one from each group who has the potential to lead by example. We can start by stating that Spikes is a player after Wilfork's own heart. I'm confident that someone among the DBs will also step forward.

All in all, it appears that areas I felt were concerns have been addressed rather than ignored. Of course there's a long ways to go before fruition, but this on-paper roster looks very promising -- here's to good health. :eat3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back