OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Your prediction for the outcome and your personal wishes on this mess:

• He will get probation and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • He will get probation and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 32 17.9%
  • He will serve jail time and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 88 49.2%
  • He will serve jail time and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • He will not be found guilty and I hope the team cuts him.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • He will not be found guilty and I hope the team keeps him.

Votes: 35 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish you'd had another alternative.

"None of us can have the foggiest idea what's going to happen and there's no point speculating."

That's not in question - none of us know what is going on in my opinion.

My point in this poll was to see where people's opinions lie based on a number of possible outcomes not to predict the outcome, per se.

With the ultimate goal of figuring out what I can expect from this forum if he is, for instance, given probation for Obstruction and stays with the team. Seems like there'd be a lot of pissed off people.

I wish you'd had another alternative.

"None of us can have the foggiest idea what's going to happen and there's no point speculating."

That is an option. You can choose it by not voting in the poll.

Did I miss the option of "Not willing to rush to judgment"

:bricks:

Did I miss the option of "Not willing to rush to judgment"

:bricks:

This poll isn't meant to be used as evidence in the trial.

My point in this poll was to see where people's opinions lie based on a number of possible outcomes not to predict the outcome, per se.

With the ultimate goal of figuring out what I can expect from this forum if he is, for instance, given probation for Obstruction and stays with the team. Seems like there'd be a lot of pissed off people.

A bunch of people have said that, if he turns out to be guilty of a felony crime in connection with a murder, they don't want him on the team. IF being the operative word. A bunch of people have also said that, given everything that's emerged, things aren't looking great for him right now. I'm still hoping against hope that he's innocent, but admittedly that's looking less likely by the day.

Which of those things is disgusting to say?

No im not talking about the rational folks on the site, I saying the people who are those "the sky is falling" members here, who are absolutely get too emotionally and so quick to make judgement. I agree, I would not want him on the time if convicted. We are not the Bengals or Raiders, we are freakin New England Patriots and that's not how we conduct business. And like it said it isnt looking good at all

Which is why about 95% of the posters on here are prefacing everything that they say with "let's wait for all the facts to come out before reaching any definitive conclusions".

95%, you know and I know that's stretching it a bit there are some folks on here that..........well you know

That's in the court of law, and is barely relevant to public opinion. Reminds me of those people who flip out and cry that their First Amendment rights are being violated because people boycott their products due to their ****ty opinions.

The public won't the one who send him to jail if found guilty and they wont be the one who exonerates him if found innocent, we dont hold that power.

If/when charges are brought against Hernandez and he's tried in court, the jury will be instructed that he's innocent until proven guilty. I won't be on that jury, so it simply doesn't apply to me or, most likely, anyone else on this board.

It's almost a forgone conclusion that he will be involved in this trial one way or another whether it be as a witness or defendant. And yea, pretty good chance no Pats fans will be on that jury.

Yes, and I wish him all the best and hope that, if he's innocent, he'll be able to put this all behind him and move on with his life. But if he's guilty, none of what you said will or should prevent him from facing justice.

I truly hope that he is not the absolute knucklehead that the media is making him out to be, though there seems to be some truth behind all these reports of others incidents coming. Although I do find it ironic that all this stuff seems to be coming out of left all at the same exact time. You mean to tell me nobody knew about this and all of sudden in a matter days AH goes from pretty good young TE to absolute Thug and NFL Bad Guy Poster Child???

Ok, now you've gone completely off the deep end. Give one example of a poster on this site (who isn't one of the standard raving lunatics that I probably already have on ignore) who has said that Hernandez is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Almost everyone has said exactly what you said when you started that increasingly incoherent rant: that the situation looks pretty grim.

Well unfortunately, I dont have those lunatics filtered out so the complete nonsense they post still is visible to me. So I dont get 100% rational people's post on my screen, I get everybody. While you may have that preference, I do not as many others don't either. So no almost everyone has not said the exact same thing. And look no further than this thread, about 50% of folks who have voted said that either the predict and/or personally wish that AH is jailed and cut from the team. And please don't act like this the first or last time members of this board have jettisoned a player for whatever reason whether it be rational or irrational.

We already know for sure that he was involved. We just don't know if that involvement goes all the way to murder.

I'll agree with that. Best Case scenario if found guilty, he's the next Ray Lewis and get's off on a Obstruction of Justice Charge then has to do community service, probably heavy fine and lengthy suspension from the league but still able to continue his tarnished yet still intact career. Worst Case scenario he's the is the one who pulled the trigger and he goes away for a very long time.

What does that matter at this time? There will be time for judgment and possible recrimination later.

One person is dead. He might not have been a saint, but he's dead.

Another young man's reputation is in tatters based on rumor, innuendo and questionable and ever changing media reports of dubious motivation...all before any legal action has been taken against him. He too most certainly is not a saint, but he hasn't been accused, let alone convicted, of anything yet.

The endless speculation out here falls somewhere along a spectrum of pathetic, juvenile and malicious.

That poll just feeds the frenzy.

Let's just all do the responsible thing and back off!

That is an option. You can choose it by not voting in the poll.

Yeah but the poll is pretty much pointless if you are not catering for everybody. I think there would be a very large vote for a 'lets wait and see if he is charged' option.

Yeah but the poll is pretty much pointless if you are not catering for everybody. I think there would be a very large vote for a 'lets wait and see if he is charged' option.

That's far too rational. Won't fly.

Why can't we just wait until the facts are known before we speculate about what might or might not be if something does or doesn't occur at some unknown point in an indeterminate future?

Too many people seem to have a need, for whatever reasons, to immerse themselves in Hernandez' apparent dysfunction as well as in the death of another young man when there is, without facts, no possible reason for doing so beyond morbid (at best) curiosity.

I'm outa here. If people have a need of some sort to pick over the bones of this young man's apparently miserable situation, speech is free and that's their business.

I voted he will serve jail time and I hope the team cuts him. I have no idea what will happen in the future, etc., I'm just a pessimist. And if he was good enough I'd forgive him prison time and future suspension.

I admit my hypocritical thinking. If Brady commits ethnic cleansing or whatever, I be against cutting/trading him. Hernandez is not that good.

Oh, I'd trade him for a bag of balls, but guys in prison then facing the wrath of Goodell when they get out, usually lack trade value.

I was hoping there would be an option to put him in a Mapplethorpe exhibit with a Jesus statue in a tank full of pee

I never get my way

The NFL is comprised mostly of guys who your kids shouldn't be looking up to. Hernandez is probably no exception to that rule.

When you come from a bad area, sometimes your lifelong best friends end up making really bad choices in life. And despite how you seem to think it should be, cutting them loose just isn't that easy. Sometimes failure to do so burns you in a big way. It is what it is.

We still don't know for sure what the motive was behind destroying the surveillance footage. I agree that it's probably bad news, but we'll probably know for sure soon enough.

The thing is hes from Bristol Conneticut....

Pretty much how i see it. I will wait for the facts to come to light but although i have given him the benefit of the doubt to this point the latest information about damaging his surveillance equipment makes it really seem like he is trying to cover up involvement and I would be surprised if he weren't ultimately convicted of Obstruction of Justice at a minimum. If that happens I expect the Patriots to release him. He would catch on elsewhere but whomever chooses to take the risks that go with his kind of stupidity is welcome to him. If his involvement goes beyond Obstruction of Justice then he is most likely going to see significant jail time and his career in the NFL is probably over, because the next step up from there will tie him up for years to come.

If the Patriots do recover his signing bonus they should donate it to the victims family.

Seriously? Dog killer Vick got a 100 million dollar contract not so long ago. Ray Lewis retired on top of the mountain with a Superbowl win. And we all know he is probably guilty of a lot more than Hernandez. It seems like everybody loves a good witch burning, and Hernandez is the new witch on the block. Can we wait till the courts have spoken before we crucify the man or would that just interfere with the fun?

I know we have a few threads about this already but I'm really interested in seeing what people's reaction will be to the possible outcomes of this mess and the other threads are filled with junior detectives and internet lawyers.

I'm mostly interested in knowing what people think the possible outcomes will be and what their personal feelings towards Hernandez will be based on their predicted outcome. Because I think no matter what the team does there will be some debate about what the right choice is given any number of outcomes.

Z9u5cdT.png

I wonder what the Vegas odds are that he will become an Oakland Raider (RIP Al Davis).

The guy's a thug. If this were the Ravens or Jets or any other team, most of this board would be saying the same thing.

I never want to see him take the field again, regardless of his talent as a tight end. I'd rather have 2006 all over again receiver wise than have guys like him on the team.

He can smoke pot and hang with gangs all he wants as long as he has nothing to do with the Patriots.

It's too bad too because I enjoyed watching him. Luckily Belichick and the front office probably feels the same way I do and he'll never take the field here again.

The guy's a thug. If this were the Ravens or Jets or any other team, most of this board would be saying the same thing.

I never want to see him take the field again, regardless of his talent as a tight end. I'd rather have 2006 all over again receiver wise than have guys like him on the team.

He can smoke pot and hang with gangs all he wants as long as he has nothing to do with the Patriots.

It's too bad too because I enjoyed watching him. Luckily Belichick and the front office probably feels the same way I do and he'll never take the field here again.

Read the poll?

He will serve jail time and I hope the team cuts him. 50 50.51%

MOST are saying it. Doesn't make them right of course. Just easily duped.

Hernandez is guilty as sin of something. He'll be spending some time behind bars. Bummer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back