Welcome to PatsFans.com

Question to people asking why was Gronk playing late into the game.......

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by thenepatsrule, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenepatsrule

thenepatsrule In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +163 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

Simple question to everyone who keeps harping on the PATs for keeping Gronk late in the game when we were up by a lot of points

WHO WOULD YOU HAVE TAKE THE FIELD WHEN WE ARE UP BY A LOT OF POINTS
    ???????????? REALLY, LIST THE 11 PLAYERS YOU WOULD HAVE PUT ON THE FIELD FOR THAT PLAY (And i will point out a player who could have been injured on that play)

Its not like teams have 106 players per team

53 to play when the game is close and the other 53 when the team is up by a lot of points

Lets say for a second that Gronk was pulled out that still leaves the kicker ,the holder and other players in the field?

I dont have access to the video which shows him getting injured, but if somebody does, Could you please list the players who were on the field for the PATS at that moment.

I guess the negative nancies here want all the 11 players who were on the field at that time to be replaced for that play...

Keep in mind this injury did not happen when Gronk was trying to score a TD , its a freak accident leave it at that.Accidents happen.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  2. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +245 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I certainly agree with your point but I think those that argue Gronk shouldnt be in their don't think 11 different guys should of. For starters you only have one guy who can kick so right there you can bust anyone's 11 by stating you want the kicker adequately protected as he is important.

Where the haters will chime in is to say that one or two guys as important as Gronk should maybe have a seat. So lets just say the same 10 and anyone else to stand in Gronks spot for fun lets just say woodhead because I like the idea of replacing the biggest guy with the littlest guy.

heck one could even make a case for going for the 2 point coversion and just taking a knee. But the Bucs might have broke some arms over that.

Again I am on your side there is a limit to how much you can sit players in a blowout.

And to continue the fun how is this:
    Ghost
    Zoltan
    Aiken
    Salas
    Arrington
    Shiancoe
    Hoohomanuwanui
    Cannon
    Scott
    Cunningham
    and Mallet

Looks a little light but again the extra point wasnt needed so just long snap it to the other side of the field and everyone duck out of the way of the other team.

3. DocHoliday

DocHoliday In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +121 / 2 / -1

Why'd you make a new thread?

4. thenepatsrule

Ratings:
    +163 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

Because i did not want to send 80 thousand PMs to all the members of this board asking this question :D

5. Kjmass1

Kjmass1 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As I mentioned in a different thread, the starters could have been resting the entire 4th quarter, but if the defense scores a pick-6, the same PAT team would go out to do the kick. Gronk could have been injured on that PAT.

There is nothing to complain about here. If Gronk had been playing the entire drive and then got injured, then you might have some basis to argue the play/don't play situation.

6. JJDChE

JJDChE 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He was playing because he's on the PAT team. What more needs to be said?

7. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,369 / 25 / -7

What are the odds of a player getting injured on a PAT attempt? It is negligible. Gronk was already pulled from the offense. It was a freak play.

8. BSR

BSR In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0

A little light? That group would be crushed. What the heck is Mesko doing out there?

9. RichardHead

RichardHead Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just a minor point, it's not even 53 players, it's only 46. Remember there are 7 game day inactives. So there really isn't a "second string", for example you don't have 10 offensive linemen a game (usually only 7-8), and certainly you don't have a "second string" PAT team...

10. Kjmass1

Kjmass1 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Can you imagine if Gronk was replaced and Gostowski breaks his leg because some guy gets in unblocked from not having enough reps on the PAT team? What would we be saying then?!?

11. Avenger

Avenger Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +88 / 4 / -1

#11 Jersey

My exact thought

12. Danger Zone

Danger Zone 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +925 / 5 / -3

Chat: Chat with Tedy Bruschi - SportsNation - ESPN Boston

13. JMarr

JMarr In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0

First, the "injured during the PAT" thing is a red herring in this argument.

You answer me this: why was Tom Brady in the game with 2 minutes to go and a 90-something point lead? Same with Gronk who has been banged up all year. Same with Welker. To any rational person, it's indefensible.

The Patriots have 2 (I would argue 3 with Welker) players who are indispensable--period--and they were both out there playing full-tilt, risking season ending injuries in the waning minutes of a walloping that hasn't been seen in NE in quite awhile. Absolutely stupid on the part of Belichick.

The lengths that some the homers on this board will go to defend each and every one of his decisions to the grave is laughable. There are chicken littles, then there are sheep.....

14. nabwong

nabwong PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +120 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

I would have gone for 2 and made it an even 60 points. :D

15. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

He wasn't. The last scoring drive started at 7:37 and was over at the 4 minute mark, when he was done for the day.

Indianapolis Colts vs. New England Patriots - Play By Play - November 18, 2012 - ESPN

He sat out that scoring drive. Still more factual errors by you.

No, he took a seat after his reception on the 3rd and 7 play.

Sure, such made up fictitious events cannot be defended, I grant you that!

And there are also BS artists like you who do not rely on factual information.

16. thenepatsrule

Ratings:
    +163 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

I hope you find the post above by Palm Beach Fan a fitting reply to your stupid factless points.

Brees played late into the 4th Q when they were up 38-17 against the raiders yesterday, do you see their fan base question their coach like you or the other negative nancies here are doing???????

If Gronk was on the sideline as you suggest and got struck by lightning you would find another excuse to lament the decision making

17. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +245 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

EPIC FAIL :D

Hahaha this is great of everything in my ridiculous post you pull out the one thing that actually fits. Mesko is the Holder :ugh:

18. JMarr

JMarr In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0

Oh, look, a sheep who's good at pulling up relatively meaningless data to try to refute a larger point. Tell me bro, given what's transpired with the Pats in the playoffs the last 4 years, if you were a coach would you routinely have Tom Brady dropping back and throwing passes in the final 3 minutes of 5 touchdown regular season blowouts?

19. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +175 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

The point is that what you described has never, ever happened,

not yesterday, not in 2007, not ever.

Is this too hard for you to understand? Pretend that I am typing this and my previous post very, very slowly, if you cannot grasp the simple concept that you are fact-deprived. Take your time. Print it out. Look up any big words. You can do this!

20. robbomango

robbomango In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

If Goodell didn't step in do you think the 2007 patriots should'v played their starters in that last game and risked injury? Or would you have done a Polian circa 2009 Colts and pulled the starters with 2 games left on the schedule?

That's BB's coaching style, some here agree with it some don't, it doesn't make anyone a sheep, homer or a chicken little if you agree or disagree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.