-m-01y49__56x42.png
Bengals
8:30 PM
Sun, Dec 28
vs
-m-05l71__56x42.png
Raiders
4:25 P

So i have them winning their next 3. Next tough game will be KC on the road. Then Chargers will be tough for them as well. I thought the cincy game would be tough..but after watching tonight...they suck and broncos should be able to handle them.

So at worse i have them at 12-4 or 13-3 ( i think 13-3..they should be able to beat all of those teams). So IMO we can only afford 2 more losses if we want the AFC champ game to go though here. I will take our chances with 2 losses. But 1 can't come in the Indy and DET games. If they get past those two games at 2-0. GREAT shape. ( i think they win all 8 at home so i have them beating DET) Again the pats and the way they are playing can run the table...but i just don't see it happening. They will have a bad game here in the coming weeks..just can't have more then two of them

Crazy to look at their scheudle and say those Buff/MIA games...they will be fighting for something at the end unlike previous years. Will make those games a bit tougher but still Ws in my book. Can't think of a tougher scheudle in a long time for this team. They come out of this 13-3 or 12-4 and man they did a GREAT job!

Last edited:
The best teams the Broncos played and beat were missing a lot of players. I think it's pretty possible Denver is overrated. The Chiefs game is prime time, so Arrowhead will be jacked again. Hopefully it's a buzz saw.
Chargers could take them at home. Peyton has a bad record against San Diego and they'll be fighting for a play off spot.

I think we match up favorably against Indy who sucks defensively over the middle of the field which is where Tom attacks best. I think we can out score Green Bay. We'll see how we do in San Diego.

I think people are over looking Detroit. I'm glad we play them at home.

They might not lose another regular season game.

That's what we have to count on, and win all the rest of our games.

I agree..they have a very easy schedule. But i think they lose 1 more...somewhere. KC or SD is a loss IMO.

Either way i really want the AFC to go though here as Manning has horrible demons here and just can't beat us here..but if we have to go there..i will have confidence then D can do the same thing it did on sunday as long as everyone is healthy. It will be tough becasue in Denver the refs may pull a SD like performance.

This years D and last years is much different and if Brady doesn't miss Edelman on that deep pass last year..that game would have been A LOT closer

I agree..they have a very easy schedule. But i think they lose 1 more...somewhere. KC or SD is a loss IMO.

Either way i really want the AFC to go though here as Manning has horrible demons here and just can't beat us here..but if we have to go there..i will have confidence then D can do the same thing it did on sunday as long as everyone is healthy. It will be tough becasue in Denver the refs may pull a SD like performance.

This years D and last years is much different and if Brady doesn't miss Edelman on that deep pass last year..that game would have been A LOT closer

I agree with you and think they lose one more somewhere, so we cannot lose more than one game--simple as that.

It's certainly going to be a tall order, no doubt about it.

They could choke one of the other games away, too. Anything is possible and if the Patriots keep winning, the pressure for Denver will keep building.

Raiders played a real close game against us and a real close game against the Seahawks in Seattle. They might of lost both but they can play tough, and even though they have nothing to play for, I'm sure knocking Denver down to a #2 seed would be a victory for them.

Could happen.

If there's a silver lining to Denver's "easier" schedule it's in that at least their opposition will have things to play them tough for. Better Oakland than the Jaguars

I think they lose 2 more (@ KC and one of either SD or Mia).

And the way the NFL goes (injury wise); particularly after the loss of their MLB (after the trading deadline) and potential of any further injuries (welker back/concussion is a good likelihood) they could become a lot weaker and then Katy-bar-the-door to StL, or the Jills (Bungles [cough-cough] at home) even being competitive.

Although (as Miguel often points out) their cap situation is not that bad as we would like to think; they still have the typical Pay-me sydrome cap-status: Their players in positions 40 - 71 of the roster are necessarily 'below-average'. So if they take a couple of KEY injuries and unless they get lucky and find some hidden gold on another teams PS; I would expect a big fall-off. But I dont want to go down the road of wishing them any injuries.
..... (I rather wish for the hilarity of Pay-me throwing a few more INTs all on his own with no 'injury excuse', & seeing them get passed by KC for div crown, as unlikely as that may be.)

It's going to be tough for us.

Not that it matters what fans think, but Colt fans are at a complete loss at how they're going to stand a chance against us. I think Patriot fans are way overrating that game. They're not good at covering tight ends and we have a mutant one. They have good corners but we should be able to attack between the numbers with relative ease. Gronk should have 150 yards that game, with two touchdowns.

If Edelman or Wright or Lafell are making plays on top of it, we will crush Indy in their own stadium, just like we've crushed Andrew Luck twice here.

My Patsfans.com prediction is after we smash the Colts, people will feel a lot better about our up coming schedule.

Our secondary is elite enough not to allow Rodgers to keep pace with Brady who should be lighting Green Bay's defense up like the 4th of july.

That leaves San Diego away and the Lions at home. Can't see the lions beating us at home but I am anticipating it being a huge late season test for our offensive line.

Does anyone think Miami (in December) and Buffalo are going to beat us in our own house this late in the season?

We see 16-0 every year no matter our schedule, because the Patriots losing is a complete impossibility in our own heads and we just can't picture it until it happens, but I feel good about our match ups and our likelihood of running the table against them.

I'd feel a lot better if we had Ridley but we'll be okay. Very few flaws and weaknesses on this Patriot team.

No team we play is as good as Denver is and we destroyed Denver, like we destroyed the Bears, the Bills, and the Bengals.

Would love to see the raiders upset them. Broncos have been known to choke when it matters

Obviously I want the #1 seed, but barring major injuries I honestly feel this team can win a playoff game on the road if need be, and that includes going into Denver.

Refs will call a different game come playoff time, and that plays to the advantage of this defense. For all the talk of Denver crushing us last year ( which they did) they only scored 26 points. We held them to a lot of FG's. And that was with a banged up team.

I still think that the Broncos could lose two possibly three games. Their offense hasn't traveled well on the road this year. So far in their three road games, they have scored 20, 24, and 21 points on offense (and one game was vs. the Jets). I can see them losing in KC, in San Diego, and in Cincy. Possibly in St. Louis who has been tougher than expected and the surprise winner of games vs. the Seahawks and 49ers.

Don't count out KC. If they win the rest of their games going forward (it would be tough, but not impossible), not only would they be 13-3 but they would win the AFC West (they would have a better common opponent record than the Broncos who could not finish better than 13-3) and would have the tie breaker against the Pats if the Pats also finished 13-3. So there is a chance that the Broncos are on the road Wild Card weekend, never mind not getting the #1.

Not that it matters what fans think, but Colt fans are at a complete loss at how they're going to stand a chance against us. I think Patriot fans are way overrating that game. They're not good at covering tight ends and we have a mutant one. They have good corners but we should be able to attack between the numbers with relative ease. Gronk should have 150 yards that game, with two touchdowns.

If Edelman or Wright or Lafell are making plays on top of it, we will crush Indy in their own stadium, just like we've crushed Andrew Luck twice here.

My Patsfans.com prediction is after we smash the Colts, people will feel a lot better about our up coming schedule.

Our secondary is elite enough not to allow Rodgers to keep pace with Brady who should be lighting Green Bay's defense up like the 4th of july.

That leaves San Diego away and the Lions at home. Can't see the lions beating us at home but I am anticipating it being a huge late season test for our offensive line.

Does anyone think Miami (in December) and Buffalo are going to beat us in our own house this late in the season?

We see 16-0 every year no matter our schedule, because the Patriots losing is a complete impossibility in our own heads and we just can't picture it until it happens, but I feel good about our match ups and our likelihood of running the table against them.

I'd feel a lot better if we had Ridley but we'll be okay. Very few flaws and weaknesses on this Patriot team.

No team we play is as good as Denver is and we destroyed Denver, like we destroyed the Bears, the Bills, and the Bengals.

Yeah, the Pats' defense gives Andrew Luck fits. As good as he is, he is very mistake prone. In the two games he played the Pats, he has had 4 TDs vs. 7 INTs. Luck for as good as he has played this year is still prone to make stupid mistakes.

Plus the Colts don't have the defense to stop the Pats. I think this game will be a bit of a shoot out, but the Pats can slow down Luck and turn him over which should be the difference. I think like the first two times the Pats have faced Luck, the Pats win by at least two scores.

I'm as concerned about Pitt and Cleveland winning out as I am Denver.

I know we play in the AFCE and we act like nobody else is good, BUT the fins and the bills are not exactly Gimmie's for the bills.

Both teams have EXCELLENT Dlines that can get to manning, I would not be shocked to see one or both of those games result in a loss for the broncos.

Well look at it the other way maybe. I don't see the Patriots going 4-3 over the last 7. The worst they should do is 5-2. This forces Denver to be 7-1 or better. That is a tall order in the NFL especially with so many away games.

Also I think Denver has some VERY losable games. Besides Oakland no one they play is easy. Bills/Miami/KC/SD/Cin/Rams are not elite but not slouches either. All of those could be a loss if Denver fails to bring their A game.

Either way i really want the AFC to go though here as Manning has horrible demons here and just can't beat us here..but if we have to go there..i will have confidence then D can do the same thing it did on sunday as long as everyone is healthy.

Agree with the first part, but don't forget the Pats and Brady have their own demons in Denver; maybe not as well-established and recent as Denver's issues at Gillette but still mildly pertinent.

I do think the Pats could handle Denver on the road but would much, much rather the game be at home.

All that said, I see the Broncos losing one more, as others have said the KC and SD games look like the most likely. Hard to say with the Pats, if they play the way they have against Cincy, Chicago and Denver they won't lose another game, but all it'd take is one stinka akin to the Jets or first four games and they'll drop a few more. I think they ultimately lose one more, either @SD or @GB, and claim the #1 seed at 13-3.

Please do not forget MIA's so-called advantage "heat" is disappearing as we speak. Also SD is not the same world beater after that huge dump they took at MIA. It is jst the matter of who gets hot during the playoff time. More so this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore