PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

QB Patrick Ramsey and G/C Scott Young visited today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: QB Patrick Ramsey visited today

No. It merely means Kevin O'Connel is NOT ready to be the primary backup...:(

I was a getting ready to post a new thread, asking who among the veteran QBs that the Pats might sign as the vet backup to Brady. :confused:

Not necessarily. BB likes to create competition at all positions.

Scott Young | BYU, OG : 2005 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

SI.com - 2005 NFL Draft - Scott Young

POSITIVES: Athletic prospect with excellent size/speed numbers. Quick off the snap into blocks, explosive at the point of attack and a resilient lineman who stays with the action. Looks for someone to hit, displays strength in his upper body and a solid position blocker. Extends his hands and keeps opponents away.

NEGATIVES: Lacks the dominant base and not a drive blocker. Does not display top range or abilities on the second level.

ANALYSIS: Doing a considerably fine job his first year on the offensive line, Young offers good potential for the next level. Needs time, repetition, and a lot of development, yet has the physical and mental abilities to succeed.

PROJECTION: Late Third Round

I've kept an eye on Scott Young since he benched 43 reps at the combine in 2005, and he's got prototypical size for Pats guard at 6.4, 312 lbs.
Wikipedia says he is the son of a police officer and an elementary school teacher. According to the Philadelphia Inquirer Young is an Eagle Scout with 64 merit badges. Something for Dante?

There was some story about Scott Young and the Patriots/Belichick/Pioli/something, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was (and google isn't helping). I know Reiss said they looked at him previously, but it was something more than that.

Ramsey is at least at good as Gut. It can't hurt to have him as our #3. Perhaps he will push O'Connell this year, perhaps not.

And, yes we could use a 3rd and 4th arm for the various camps. I wouldn't expect to see Brady until beginning of the preseason, and perhaps not even then.

That pretty much sums it up for me. Need a 4th QB heading into camp, preferably a vet with the ability to overtake Gutierrez. 1 all-world starter, 1 youngster with a ton of potential, 1 journeyman vet makes for a well-constructed QB roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News