PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Protecting the QB - 2 Key Matchups

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dime has usually been 4 safeties and 2 CBs, with McGowan in as hybrid LB/S.
Call it what you want, 3 Safeties/3 CB works for me although I realize it's unlikely. It's what makes the most sense to me with the lack of in drive substitutions they can make.

Call it what you want, 3 Safeties/3 CB works for me although I realize it's unlikely. It's what makes the most sense to me with the lack of in drive substitutions they can make.

Call it what I want? That's the dime the Pats have been utilizing most of the time!

Call it what I want? That's the dime the Pats have been utilizing most of the time!
I'm just giving the personnel grouping I like the best for this game. I don't care what it's called. I can see some preferring a 4th CB and just 2 Safeties but I like 3/3 better.

In Belichick-land

Nickel -- 3 CBs, 2 Ss
Big Nickel -- 2 CBs, 3 Ss
Dime -- 3 CBs, 3 Ss, with one of the safeties being able to fulfill many of the responsibilities of an LB

That said, if there are coverage problems, more CBs could go in. Both Brandon Ms are major assets in coverage. But Chung and Sanders? Not so much.

In Belichick-land

Nickel -- 3 CBs, 2 Ss
Big Nickel -- 2 CBs, 3 Ss
Dime -- 3 CBs, 3 Ss, with one of the safeties being able to fulfill many of the responsibilities of an LB
If so then I like the standard Dime - although I would have thought 4 CB/2 S would be the Dime which is why I referred to 3 CB/3 S as the Big Dime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News