PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Proposed Rule change

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPatsFan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Its the offseason and I have one very fundamental rule change to propose.

Just like there is a flagrant facemask and a ordinary facemask call, I think we need a flagrant pass interference call and an ordinary pass interference call.

The flagrant PI would be as today awarded at the spot of the foul or at the one (if ti occurred in the endzone) together with a first down. The ordinary, (and marginal) PI would be changed to either 10 (or maybe 15) yards and and a first down from the line of scrimmage.

It would make the official's jobs much easier, and eliminate many of the contreoversial and critical calls that turned games in the last season and playoffs.

What do you think? And do you have any others to propose?

AzPatsFan said:
Its the offseason and I have one very fundamental rule change to propose.

Just like there is a flagrant facemask and a ordinary facemask call, I think we need a flagrant pass interference call and an ordinary pass interference call.

The flagrant PI would be as today awarded at the spot of the foul or at the one (if ti occurred in the endzone) together with a first down. The ordinary, (and marginal) PI would be changed to either 10 (or maybe 15) yards and and a first down from the line of scrimmage.

It would make the official's jobs much easier, and eliminate many of the contreoversial and critical calls that turned games in the last season and playoffs.

What do you think? And do you have any others to propose?

Excellent idea. I would take it further, and allow incidental contact again. The hand out to judge distance type things would not be called. Only flagrant penalties would be called. The only penalty would be "intentional pass interference".

I would also eliminate the driving the QB to the ground penalty, too. Stop these pukes from escaping baby tackles and scrambling for or throwing for yards. Plant 'em like the daisies they are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft