PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Program note: Snow Bowl on NFLN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I DVR'D it and I am rewatching it now. Two things stuck out that I forgot about. Troy Brown's two fumbled punts that could have changed everything and Phil Simms getting hit with a snow ball.

Good thing they were recovered. The way Patsfans excoriate Welker for his couple drops, Brown would have been persona-non-grata in Foxboro after that.

I DVR'D it and I am rewatching it now. Two things stuck out that I forgot about. Troy Brown's two fumbled punts that could have changed everything and Phil Simms getting hit with a snow ball.

Watching that game so many years later, and after some frustrating losses in recent years, you really see how the little things make or break the game, and the season. Those Brown fumbles go the other way — or any of the Giants' fumbles in SB46 fall into Pats' hands — and the result could be very different. And you could go on and on making those sort of comparisons.

And I just witnessed the greatest field goal in NFL history. Thank you Adam.

And it all started from that one kick.

I always thought the one in the frigid 03-04 Divisional game vs Tennessee (4:15 of this video) was at least as good. And just as close! (Also, on the theme of the little differences: Great comment below that video comparing the Bennett drop to the Tyree catch.)

Nice Q&A with old friend JR Redmond — who says the Tuck Rule would never have been an issue if Brady had just thrown him the ball:

(Laughing) I was wide open over the middle! We would have never had to pull that rule out if he’d just thrown me the ball. I would have caught it and scored a touchdown.

Lots of good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft