Program Alert: XXXVI and XXXVIII on ESPN Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
6:30: Super Bowl XXXVI, Patriots vs. Rams

7:30: Super Bowl XXXVIII Patriots vs. Panthers

(Strangely enough, XXXVIII is the last one tonight. No XXXIX or XL I guess)

Bless you P1 I was wondering what to watch waiting for the Sopranos to come on.

Duane Starks intercepts it and runs down the sideline for the touchdown...

:bricks:

Ricky Phroel was right: The dynasty did start on that night.:rocker:

Just noticed that one that last reception to Wiggins, there should have been a 15 yard face mask penalty called. As many times as I have seen that play, it's the first time that I've noticed that.

Last edited:
Tonights schedule from NFL Network:

8 p.m. -- Film Session

2003 New England Patriots - Under head coach Bill Belichick, the Patriots finished the regular season 12-4. Led to the playoffs by quarterback Tom Brady, the Patriots defeated the Titans (17-14) and the Colts (24-14) on their way to Super Bowl XXXVIII.

8:30 p.m. -- Film Session

Super Bowl XXXVIII: Carolina Panthers vs. New England Patriots - Quarterback Tom Brady passed for 354 yards and three touchdowns as the Patriots defeated the Panthers 32-29. Kicker Adam Vinatieri booted a 41-yard field goal with four seconds left to secure the victory for New England.

10 p.m. -- Film Session

2001 New England Patriots - Under head coach Bill Belichick, the Patriots finished the regular season 11-5. Featured are the Divisional Playoff overtime victory over the Oakland Raiders (16-13) in a driving snow storm at Foxboro Stadium, the AFC Championship game victory at Pittsburgh (24-17), and the last second victory over the St. Louis rams in Super Bowl XXXVI (20-17).

10:30 p.m. -- Film Session

Super Bowl XXXVI: New England Patriots vs. St. Louis Rams: Adam Vinatieri's 48-yard field goal as time expired gave the New England Patriots their first Super Bowl title in franchise history defeating the Rams 20-17. Quarterback Tom Brady was named the game's MVP passing for 145 yards and a touchdown.

(To those who aren't able to get NFL Network - - - Sorry!
To those that do - - Pretty good viewing tonight!)

Last edited:
I caught the end of SB 38 - not to re-start the Vinatraiter stuff but when seeing him kick the game winner all I could think of was "why, Adam, why" ?

overrated

My satellite had some malfunctions when I was viewing these telecasts, but I still could hear the audio. When something jumped out at me. I can't remember the Rams player that said it, but right before the last minute game winning drive Brady led the pats to someone said, "overrated... theses guys are overrated... Tom Brady... he's overrated†who was the guy who said this? Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
re:eek:verrated

If I recall correctly, Dexter McLeon said it.

ted

tedster822 said:
If I recall correctly, Dexter McLeon said it.

ted

thanks for the info. its funny looking back at that quote in retrospect.

In the SB38 highlights against the Panthers you can clearly see Eugene Wilson whiff on tackles on two of the Panther's biggest plays - the Foster touchdown run right up the middle and the when Wilson gets straighted armed like a rag doll by the diminutive Steve Smith another TD play. I wonder if we overrate the youngster a little bit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes