Welcome to PatsFans.com

Profootball Weekly: Pats 2nd least likely to be affected by the lockout

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +723 / 5 / -3

PFW has the Pats second least likely to be negatively affected by the lockout after Green Bay. Here is what they wrote:

ProFootballWeekly.com - Not every team faces the same lockout challenges
  2. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

So the reigning Superbowl champions (Packers), the AFC Champion (Steelers), and the New England Patriots who share the highest odds at winning the superbowl and had the best record last season are the least affected by the lockout...and the rich get richer.
  3. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

The Steelers are reportedly 10m over the cap though. They are going to have some tough cuts to make. So they might even take a step back this year.
  4. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

How the heck did that happen? Is it all from Big Ben's contract? I guess James Harrison and Troy P. too. I thought they were more conservative than that.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +244 / 9 / -26

How will the Pats do in this condensed preseason..

Always thought of BB and his crew as very methodical and calculating. This abbreviated preseason, does not seem to afford the usual methods, so decisions will have to be made quicker and efficiently.

Confident that he and his management team have hunkered down and planned for all of the possible contingencies, and we probably in better shape than most organizations..

My main concern is that due to teams having to spend to 99% of the salary cap(or 90%), will salaries for mid-range or "bridge" players will be inflated. Matt Light comes to mind...

The whole FA system has changed, BJGE comes to mind..

I gazed into my crystal ball, and do not come up with an answer.. whaddayathink??
  6. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: How will the Pats do in this condensed preseason..

Our 1st preseason game August 11... seems like our Training Camp will be short:mad:

I hope we play our useless scrimmage games at 50-75% effort; they mean **** and training camp is short. Focus more on training half a ss pre-season games
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.