PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Football Weekly's player value chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final thought on Medicals being leaked
It seems as if this year more than any other year in recent memory there is negative publicity about certain players’ medical conditions. What it tells me is that some clubs are leaking negative information hoping that these players will drop to them. There are other highly rated players that I know have serious medical concerns and nothing has been said about them. Clubs always have different opinions on prospects’ medical conditions and we seldom if ever hear anything about it. Why are we hearing about it almost on a daily basis this year? It seems obvious to me, so don’t be surprised if the players in question end up going as high as people thought they would originally. As I said in a post a few weeks ago, there is a lot of lying and gamesmanship going on this time of year. Don’t believe everything you see on TV or read!

What is the story about Sherman??

Could he be another Dillon? Or is he a true knock you down fullback?

Any similar players?

=================
And having Locker at the 10th player or higher is way crazy, best thing for Locker would be if he were drafted in the third/later round, and be given time to be coached up.
Maybe coaches like to draft players they can coach up.

Sherman and Klug are two guys that I really like. I'm surprised to see Klug ranked that high, because he's the kind of guy who won't fit in most schemes.

Last edited:
What is the story about Sherman??

Could he be another Dillon? Or is he a true knock you down fullback?

Any similar players?

=================
And having Locker at the 10th player or higher is way crazy, best thing for Locker would be if he were drafted in the third/later round, and be given time to be coached up.
Maybe coaches like to draft players they can coach up.

Sherman surprised at Shrine Game practices with his running - deceptively fast, unexpected lateral agility, able to turn the corner - in addition to being a very competent receiver and devastating blocker. Definitely more a true FB, but projected as a 4th-rounder.

5102/242, 4.74-40 with a 1.62 10-yd, 32 reps, 32.5" vert, 9.25' broad, 4.41 SS, 7.23 3-cone. Pretty close to Ingram's short-area numbers at about 25 lbs heavier.

OTOH, as "Box" has noted, we already "have" (sort of) Eric Kettani from the 2009 draft - 5'11"/235, also a very strong runner (tagged Aaron Curry and Wake Forest for 175 yds on 19 carries in their first 2008 meeting) and possibly a better pass-catcher. Spent the last two years working off part of his Navy commitment in a surface warfare assignment.

Thanks, I did find a video clip to see what he looks like, I can see the interest in him.

Tho have to admit, I think these highlight video clips makes every player look like a first round draft pick.

Sherman surprised at Shrine Game practices with his running - deceptively fast, unexpected lateral agility, able to turn the corner - in addition to being a very competent receiver and devastating blocker. Definitely more a true FB, but projected as a 4th-rounder.

5102/242, 4.74-40 with a 1.62 10-yd, 32 reps, 32.5" vert, 9.25' broad, 4.41 SS, 7.23 3-cone. Pretty close to Ingram's short-area numbers at about 25 lbs heavier.

OTOH, as "Box" has noted, we already "have" (sort of) Eric Kettani from the 2009 draft - 5'11"/235, also a very strong runner (tagged Aaron Curry and Wake Forest for 175 yds on 19 carries in their first 2008 meeting) and possibly a better pass-catcher. Spent the last two years working off part of his Navy commitment in a surface warfare assignment.

Also worth noting about Sherman is that he is described a few places as a very good special teamer. Any FB on the roster is going to have to contribute there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes