PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prisco picks Vollmer as one of his top 20 'Breakout Players' in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vollmer was indeed a second team all pro, and its usually only LTs that make either team (the other 3 All-Pros were Jake Long, Joe Thomas, and Jason Peters). So really, Vollmer was considered by those in the know as easily a top 5 player at his position last year, and probably far and away the best RT. Unless Prisco expects him to jump to being the unquestioned best Tackle in the league, nothing he could do would really constitute "breaking out".

As for Tate, I think people are too hard on him. All five of his TDs were fine plays, and he had a few long receptions of 30-40+ yards sprinkled throughout the year, too. That's nothing to sneeze at for such a young player. He obviously was lackluster at times as well, but overall, I think he made as many great plays as bad ones, and the bad ones will fade over time. I don't see a star, but that doesn't mean he can't carve out a nice little niche on this team. I agree that Price seems more enticing, though. There's room for both of them to succeed, especially with Branch's history with injuries and impending free agency.

Vollmer stood out all last year. He's an extremely good tackle, he was 2nd team all pro for a reason.

I pick Love as my breakout player.
I have a strong feeling that he will indeed break out of the Patriots this year.

Let me guess which author you are :rofl: :rofl:

Philip K. **** wrote some great stuff. Of course, you don't strike me as the reading type, so I'll just ask if you happened to like Blade Runner, Minority Report, or A Scanner Darkly... why? No reason.

Last edited:
Philip K. **** wrote some great stuff. Of course, you don't strike me as the reading type, so I'll just ask if you happened to like Blade Runner, Minority Report, or A Scanner Darkly... why? No reason.

I'm a 24/7 reader and like SF but not a fan of ****'s

Don't see it in Tate - doesn't look fluid, doesn't look comfortable tracking a ball in flight while in stride. I never saw him get much separation. Something doesn't translate when I watch him run a route. I don't want to say I'm giving up on him, but I'd be suprised. I liked what I saw in T. Price in the short showing on just natural ability.

Last edited:
artygun8.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully, Brace breaks out by showing consistency and staying healthy.

nice..what's that..a picture of Antartica during a white out?
That my friend is a picture of fury and anger, a picture of solidarity and protection, a picture of defensive disruption and 6 yard per carry averages that will be rained down up the opposing defensive linemen for the next 15 years.

This picture is what the Colts got;

GeorgeCostanzaNaked.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft