PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prisco has Pats at #2 Behind Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9671089

And just ahead of the Jags. Am I the only one who, while impressed with how the Jags pushed Pittsburgh around last night, aren't worried about them because we seem to have their number?

QB12

I'm suprised the Bengals are so low.

Jags are no pushover.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Jags are no pushover.

I agree that the Jags are no push over but they have a flaw and he is the QB, Leftwich, while having a rocket arm is not a put the team on his back and let me win it for you kind of QB.

The Jax strengh on offense is their run game and that plays into our strengh on defense.

So we have their number because of how we match up with them, strengh against strengh.....any game is thus decided by the Quater Back play and we should win because we have the best QB.

I don't know how Prisco can justify that #2 ranking at this point. I'm a fan so I'd always want to rank the Pats as the #1 overall team if it's even remotely plausible but based on their inconsistent performance the past 2 weeks I think the Pats aren't worthy of being ranked in the top 5 in an unbiased ranking.

fnordcircle said:
I don't know how Prisco can justify that #2 ranking at this point. I'm a fan so I'd always want to rank the Pats as the #1 overall team if it's even remotely plausible but based on their inconsistent performance the past 2 weeks I think the Pats aren't worthy of being ranked in the top 5 in an unbiased ranking.

I agree. The Pats have not played like they should be ranked as the second best team in the league.

RAWKY said:
I agree that the Jags are no push over but they have a flaw and he is the QB, Leftwich, while having a rocket arm is not a put the team on his back and let me win it for you kind of QB.

The Jax strengh on offense is their run game and that plays into our strengh on defense.

So we have their number because of how we match up with them, strengh against strengh.....any game is thus decided by the Quater Back play and we should win because we have the best QB.
Byron worked against a pretty good defense Monday night and managed to move the ball with a decent passing game that opened up the run. He may not be Tommy, but it just takes a Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson to make an offense competent.

I think Prisco has finally learned his lesson. "Never doubt New England"

Prisco has Colts and then Pats, well, what else is new?

Prisco's view of life starts with Manning, and works his way down from there. Lately, Brady has been number two, after years of being nobody to Prisco.

I really don't care how Prisco rates anything.

If we play more consistently on offense, mainly the QB to WR connection, we can compete with any team in the league. But we will need two solid halves to beat top teams, and hopefully are working our way to that point.

But I would not for a minute consider the Colts #1 at this point. We will surprise them with our physical style like always when they come to Foxboro, or in the playoffs. I think the Jags might have something up their sleeves in that division, as well.

Ravens and Bengals will probably be good, Steelers may be solid enough when Benny settles down, but not superbowl bound. Chargers look good so far. They give us fits.

And that's just the AFC.

I think that all rankings at this point are rather moot, teams have to yet to really prove/disprove their abilities consistently. The Colts O did look good, but it was against the Texans; I'm already sick of pundits praising Addai for his good plays against such a team. The Pats, while still showing their ability in the clutch, haven't exactly showed any real consistency yet either (only in the running game). As 5 rings points out, there are a handful of teams in the AFC that seem able to leap to the forefront as of now. It's just too early to tell.

I liked it better when he hated us. He's a tool.

Only thing I can guess is he's sucha front runner he picks us because of the 3 bowls while having no conception why we're successful.

fnordcircle said:

Right.

I would have it this way

1-Jags, beat two pretty darned good teams
2-Atlanta-ran all over 2 very good defenses.
3 San Diego-Destroyed 2 terrible teams, but they did what they were supposed to do, destroy them. With basically a rookie QB at the helm
4-Baltmore-Destroyed one good team (supposedly, Tampa Bay), and one very bad team.
5-Indy-Beat a pretty good team, the Giants, and destroyed a terrible team.
6-Cincy-Destroyed 2 awful teams.
7-Chicago-Ditto
8-Pats-Barely survived against two teams that are supposed to be bottom dwellers. Buffalo and the Jets may suprise people this year, especially Buffalo.

In my opinion, I'm not being negative, just realistic as to how I seet it, AT THIS POINT. One thing that gets me excited, in a good way, is that in no way shape or form did the Pats even play close to their potential, yet they are 2-0 !! I may be way off base, but I really think Brady may have looked past the Bills and Jets, I bet he has been staring at his calender and thinking about this Broncos game since the schedule came out. I'd be shocked if Tom Brady has a bad game Sunday night.

In fact, I think the Pats are going to be more motivated than ever. This has been haunting the players, coaches and fans since January. I really think that the Pats will play their best game in years on Sunday night. The Broncos will give a tremendous fight, and it may be a 3 point game, but I see the Pats coming up with a great win.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Byron worked against a pretty good defense Monday night and managed to move the ball with a decent passing game that opened up the run. He may not be Tommy, but it just takes a Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson to make an offense competent.

Byron is no Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson. He's closer to Rohan Davey. They were smart to get him Jones. They should try to get him a Moss but I don't think they can afford one. If Ben hadn't been semi-comatose and a liability in his return to the field, which caused the Steelers D to be runnin' on fumes by midway through the third quarter, they would have eventually annihilated Byron. Ben just couldn't move their offense enough to even muster a few FG's of their own.

MoLewisrocks said:
Byron is no Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson. He's closer to Rohan Davey. They were smart to get him Jones. They should try to get him a Moss but I don't think they can afford one. If Ben hadn't been semi-comatose and a liability in his return to the field, which caused the Steelers D to be runnin' on fumes by midway through the third quarter, they would have eventually annihilated Byron. Ben just couldn't move their offense enough to even muster a few FG's of their own.

They had somewhat of one in Jimmy Smith.

And about them not being able to afford one, don't they have the most cap space of any team right now?

Last edited:
MoLewisrocks said:
You are way off on Leftwich. He is a good leader, his teammates respond to him, he rarely throws INTs, he has no fear in the pocket, he has a habit of winning games late in dramatic fashion, and he has an absolute gun. His negatives: he's injury prone and immobile, which go hand and hand. He is in the upper half of QBs in this league.

scott99 said:
.... I may be way off base, but I really think Brady may have looked past the Bills and Jets, I bet he has been staring at his calender and thinking about this Broncos game since the schedule came out. I'd be shocked if Tom Brady has a bad game Sunday night.

In fact, I think the Pats are going to be more motivated than ever. This has been haunting the players, coaches and fans since January. I really think that the Pats will play their best game in years on Sunday night. The Broncos will give a tremendous fight, and it may be a 3 point game, but I see the Pats coming up with a great win.

You got it !

How could it be otherwise?

RayClay said:
I liked it better when he hated us.
Me, too. I used to be annoyed by him, but at least the universe was in order. I think I preferred it when he trashed us.

PonyExpress said:
You are way off on Leftwich. He is a good leader, his teammates respond to him, he rarely throws INTs,
Evidently he throws TDs even more rarely. So far he has 1 TD and 2 INTs this year. The trouble with his gun is that it takes him so long to **** it. He telegraphs his passes because his windup is so deep he never pump fakes. He doesn't impress me. I more concerned about Carson Palmer, Steve McNair and Peyton Manning than Leftwich.

Let's hope BB has Assante and the ****ycats watch that tape of the Jacksonville secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft