Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What will be the Patriots record after FOUR NFL games?

• 0-4

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • 1-3

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • 2-2

Votes: 39 39.0%
  • 3-1

Votes: 14 14.0%
  • 4-0

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gesicki in 7 games against us has 11 catches for 106. 1.6 for 15 yards per game.
Not sure I’m fearing him.
True but my worry is with the two receivers they have on the outside. Only can focus on so many and Gesicki seems to be primed to reap the benefits of having two speedy outside guys that defenses will have to dedicate safety help on.

True but my worry is with the two receivers they have on the outside. Only can focus on so many and Gesicki seems to be primed to reap the benefits of having two speedy outside guys that defenses will have to dedicate safety help on.
Well you have to do your job covering the TE whether the other receivers are good or bad. It’s 2 different functions.

MIA - new HC
PIT - Pyoobinsky
BAL - Mr. Gotta Get Paid gonna play like he doesn't wanna get hurt
GB - No more Adams - mentally checked out

4-0.

If Pats get a 3 and out on their 1st drive:

rip.gif
0-4

I think the idea that the team is a slow starter in September is a bit of a myth.

Over the last 20 years most of the time we start 2-2. I wouldn't call that a slow start unless "slow start" is relative to a team expected to win 12+ games every year. Last season was the first time the Patriots won only 1 game out of their first 4 since 2001. 2000 was the last season the Patriots lost their first 4 games of the season. We've also been 4-0 a few times since then.

I'm going with 2-2 again. This team isn't great talent wise, but it's not a bottom feeder either and we're getting way too much hype as the latter imo. Even the 2020 team started 2-2 and I don't see any reason to think they're worse now than that team was.
I think that the Pats start out stronger on Offense than people think they will. They were obviously trying some things that were outside of everyone's comfort zone. I think the team circles, looks at what worked well, keep that, and throw away what didn't work before the start of the season. I'm willing to bet they'll focus on getting what works down and also installing more of last years type offense

That's what I see, with a score of something like 6-3 in the Pitt game. (Mac and the OL vs. Pitt pass rush, rookie or bad QB versus a tricky BB)

But, would love to see a Miami win, and arguably a similar maybe worse Pats squad beat the Ravens last year.

Guess they'll have to play the games.
Before last week I was confident in a win at Miami, now I have it as a loss. I would be ecstatic if the team came out firing on all cylinders, but I just dont see how we look good in week 1 unless MIA is a complete cluster ****

Pats haven't won in Miami since 2016, and that's been against some decent Miami teams and some not so decent Miami clubs. The Pats will be in their terrible all blue get ups and they'll be roasting in the heat and humidity. This is definitely one of those games where they could be cooked by half time - have to keep it within a 1 possession game, otherwise based on what we've seen this preseason, this team is hurting for offensive punch.

4-0

Miami sucks. Tua is a caretaker. Our D is good. Revenge time. Rookie coach. We've been practicing on the surface of Mercury for over a month now. Win

Steelers will have a rookie or crappy QB starting. Win.

Ravens do not scare me. Lamar Jackson is an average QB.

AR has no one to throw to. Adams and 1/2 their offense is gone. Win.
I definitely do not want a repeat of last year, when after a winning streak and resulting media bandwagon-jumping, the team flopped to the finish.

I definitely do not want a repeat of last year, when after a winning streak and resulting media bandwagon-jumping, the team flopped to the finish.
Yea i'm a little gun-shy but i'm not gonna enjoy just because i'm afraid my little heart will get broken either.

Yea i'm a little gun-shy but i'm not gonna enjoy just because i'm afraid my little heart will get broken either.

Im not sure they'll be able to put up more than 20-25 pts a game

0-4 on the way to 7-10.

O Captain! My Captain, wherefore art thou my Captain?
Our Captain has obviously been hacked by a rank amateur. Even the most casual of PatsFans members knows that in predicting the team's record after 4 games our real Captain would have gone no better than 0-8.

I think that the Pats start out stronger on Offense than people think they will. They were obviously trying some things that were outside of everyone's comfort zone. I think the team circles, looks at what worked well, keep that, and throw away what didn't work before the start of the season. I'm willing to bet they'll focus on getting what works down and also installing more of last years type offense
I agree. I think that also explains Mac's confidence yesterday regarding the offense.

They don't need to totally blow up the offense it was fine last year. We'll see a few tweaks here and there but not a major overhaul.

That will kill me if they come out how and go 3-1 or 4-0 then crumble down the stretch.
Same. I remember getting my hopes up in 99 when they were 6-2 before the bye... and then they went 2-6 to finish the season and bye bye Pete. That was brutal.

Time for the team to start playing well in December again it's been a few years.

I genuinely think they can win all of these games.

There are a number of things I didn't like in preseason but it's just that- preseason.

No question we have issues and concerns.

All four of the teams we face also have serious question marks.

Will we come out like the 2007 Patriots? No.

Do we have a legitimate chance at winning those games if we play well and other team does not? Absolutely.
Bingo - it is the NFL. Any game can slip either way on a handful of plays or stupid penalties. We're not good enough to expect to win every game like it's 07, but we're not so bad that we should expect to get throttled like the 0-'fer Lions or most iterations of the hapless NYJete.
If we’re fortunate, Mac will round into a very good-to-elite QB and play ball when it comes to extending his contract in a relatively team friendly manner.
There's that word - relative. Murray averages 46 mil a year (pretty sure thats the number I just saw ref'd in the Wilson thread...lunacy).

Kyler.

Murray.

46 mil.

Mac's already worth 40 if that's true. It's nuts, but that's the market. If Burrow and Chase go nuts again? 400 mil for Burrow? Who will be the first to get half a BILLION?

1-3 (win against BAL). Doesn't mean I think they're a .250 team, it just means they have a really tough schedule in September.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back