Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What will be the Patriots record after FOUR NFL games?

• 0-4

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • 1-3

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • 2-2

Votes: 39 39.0%
  • 3-1

Votes: 14 14.0%
  • 4-0

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said 2-2 but I can also see 4-0. 3 on the road is rough

1-3 if I had to guess. We traditionally struggle in Miami in the heat and maybe the whole thing is a dud but Hill and Waddle with Geseski in the middle scare me against this defense. I think we have a shot against the Trubisky lead Steelers but Pittsburg is a tough place to play. I feel like with Lamar's contract situation he could be on a mission this year and the Ravens could be the team to come out of the AFC. Lambeau is maybe the toughest place to play in the league and maybe we get lucky but I don’t think we can keep up with Rodgers unless our offense really starts to gel. I am hoping this early stretch doesn't kill the season before November but I know when the going got tough last year there seemed to be something going on to the point where Slater even made a comment about it.

All depends on the OL . I feel good about the defense. I feel good about the skill positions on offense. But a porous OL would negate all that. 3 and outs galore then the d wears out eventually. If they’re still a mess, which is what im leaning towards, im thinking 1-3 if our d steals one. Usually we iron out any early issues by October so it’d still be plenty time to turn it around.

4-0

Miami sucks. Tua is a caretaker. Our D is good. Revenge time. Rookie coach. We've been practicing on the surface of Mercury for over a month now. Win

Steelers will have a rookie or crappy QB starting. Win.

Ravens do not scare me. Lamar Jackson is an average QB.

AR has no one to throw to. Adams and 1/2 their offense is gone. Win.
That's too glass half empty, sheesh. We're going 5-0 in the first 4 games!

@oldrover ...As the season approaches, you better start posting more

:oops:

"Yes, m'lady!", he said, fearlessly!

6365c3d8-5de9-480f-9367-751447875408.gif

...well, mostly fearlessly. ;)

I only see the Packers as an almost sure loss. 3-1!

Pats fans preparing for the first 5 weeks of the NFL 2022 season.

I see all 4 games as tossups, with Pitt being the more winnable one with a kid making his second career start.

I'd rate our chances roughly as:

2-2: 50%
3-1: 17%
1-3: 24%
0-4: 6%
4-0: 3%

I have no science to back any of this up other than it adds to 100. I think.

4-0

Miami sucks. Tua is a caretaker. Our D is good. Revenge time. Rookie coach. We've been practicing on the surface of Mercury for over a month now. Win

Steelers will have a rookie or crappy QB starting. Win.

Ravens do not scare me. Lamar Jackson is an average QB.

AR has no one to throw to. Adams and 1/2 their offense is gone. Win.
It's a very real possibility that Tua has a better statistical season than Mac. New England usually finds a way to screw it up in Miami. This season in particular the team isn't ready for real games yet. It's the most beatable opponent of the first four but I'm going with a loss.

Pittsburg's defense is going to be a problem for the Patriots offense. Pittsburg's offense probably won't be very good but that's offset by our mediocre defense. Coin flip but I'll settle on another loss.

Baltimore is one of the biggest question marks heading into the season. I entirely disagree with your assessment of Jackson... he's not that far removed from being the MVP of the league. If he's healthy then he's going to be a nightmare for defenses again. Ultimately this one being at Gillette I'm going with a win.

Rodgers is so good at the regular season that he'll make it work with whatever supporting cast. The Packers may also have the best RB duo (Aaron Jones & AJ Dillon) in the NFL. Patriots have very little chance of winning this game. Loss.

First 4 weeks: 1-3

Fortunately weeks 5 through 11 are all winnable... 5-1.

It'll get a lot tougher again over the final 7 weeks... 2-5.

Overall: 8-9

2-2

Miami- Too many people are writing off this one as a loss, based on the pre-season. Miami has a new coach making his debut. Byron Jones is out and old friends Eric Rowe and Keion Crossen might step in for him (except they have been hurt lately too). Jaylen Waddle is missing his 3rd straight week of practice.- Win

Pittsburgh- If they start Trubisky the Pats have to win this game. Bill has a great history against rookie QB's if the Steelers start Pickens. - Win

Baltimore- The Ravens are going to be much improved this year. I expect them to be near the top of the league running the ball and I'm not convinced we will be very good at stopping the run. - Loss

Green Bay- Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon combined for 200+. Pats offense can't keep up - Loss.

1-3 with the win coming against Pitt

That's what I see, with a score of something like 6-3 in the Pitt game. (Mac and the OL vs. Pitt pass rush, rookie or bad QB versus a tricky BB)

But, would love to see a Miami win, and arguably a similar maybe worse Pats squad beat the Ravens last year.

Guess they'll have to play the games.

I will say this if Mac Jones make that jump and improve I say 4-0 or 3-1. If Jones look average 1-3 a lot will depend on Mac I didn't really like the preseason Mac Jones vanilla Offense or not he looked suspect.

1-3 if I had to guess. We traditionally struggle in Miami in the heat and maybe the whole thing is a dud but Hill and Waddle with Geseski in the middle scare me against this defense. I think we have a shot against the Trubisky lead Steelers but Pittsburg is a tough place to play. I feel like with Lamar's contract situation he could be on a mission this year and the Ravens could be the team to come out of the AFC. Lambeau is maybe the toughest place to play in the league and maybe we get lucky but I don’t think we can keep up with Rodgers unless our offense really starts to gel. I am hoping this early stretch doesn't kill the season before November but I know when the going got tough last year there seemed to be something going on to the point where Slater even made a comment about it.
Gesicki in 7 games against us has 11 catches for 106. 1.6 for 15 yards per game.
Not sure I’m fearing him.

1-3. No idea which game they'll win. But they'll go 5-2 over the next 7 to get to 6-5, and in the playoff hunt. The last 6 games look pretty tough so it'll be interesting to see how they progress from there. Some rough matchups in that last 6 game stretch (Buffalo twice, for example), but also some winnable games (at Ari, vs Mia), so we'll see.

I expect them to be in the mix for a playoff spot pretty much through the entire season.

I still think that week 18 game in Buffalo has potential to help us a lot in the playoff picture. I like that it's the last game of the season.

Decent chance it's a meaningless game for Buffalo and while it's possible I don't think McDermott will do what Coughlin did playing his starters 60 minutes in a meaningless game. Stopping the undefeated season is one thing but trying to keep us out is less than that. Could be a freebie for us. I'd take it.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back