OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

We will be _____ in 2023.

• Much improved (12-16 Wins, at least 1 PO win)

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Improved (10-11 Wins, playoff appearance)

Votes: 48 48.5%
  • Same Sh*t Different Season (7-9 Wins)

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • 9 miles of sh*t (5-7 Wins)

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Then there's us (0-4 Wins)

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
I’m thinking 0-2 Jets, 1-1 Phins, and 1-1 Bills.

If we go over .500 against our afc east rivals, Belichick should receive coach of the year award.

If Aaron Rogers gets that team humming, look out. Our defense will keep many of these games close. But our offense won’t have enough firepower.
0-2 against the Jets? Have you see the nose-dive Rodgers stats took last year? The numbers are on par for his 1st season as a starter that was not starter material. I for one am very happy Rodgers signed with the Jete. 2-0.

0-2 against the Jets? Have you see the nose-dive Rodgers stats took last year? The numbers are on par for his 1st season as a starter that was not starter material. I for one am very happy Rodgers signed with the Jete.
The comparison with Rodgers isn't with 2019.

The question is how much better is Rodgers 2023 QB play compared to the QB by the play in 2022.

The question is how much better is Rodgers 2023 QB play compared to the QB by the play in 2022.
That's your question...and my answer is not much. I honestly believe Rodgers is in Manning crash and burn mode. And we will be the benefactors.

That's your question...and my answer is not much. I honestly believe Rodgers is in Manning crash and burn mode. And we will be the benefactors.

If our first game vs the Jete is before Halloween, then we’re losing that one no matter where it’s played… But if the second one is after Thanksgiving, then we have a good chance of going 1-1.

With the first pick in the 2024 NFL draft the New England Patriots select……..

Now that the schedule is out, barring injuries in other teams, I’m having a hard time counting more than 4 wins, and even that is being generous.

I think they are going 0-6 in the division. Rodgers with a defense, Miami has too many weapons, and they can’t stop Josh Allen, period.

New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Washington, and the Colts are the only games where I look at it and think they should win. Of course, I said that about the Bears game last year and they ended up getting blown out!

Everyone is saying “the defense will keep it close” but they fail to see that the Pats have zero outside threats and that Mac‘s only 4th quarter TD drive to take the lead was quickly erased by Dallas a few plays later. Mac doesn’t have “it”; he doesn’t have a clutch bone in his body.

Another 8-9 season comin' up... Pats would be smart to tank to get Caleb Williams but I think the team is too talented to get a top 5 pick. They'll be ranked in the middle of the pack again.

Everyone is saying “the defense will keep it close” but they fail to see that the Pats have zero outside threats and that Mac‘s only 4th quarter TD drive to take the lead was quickly erased by Dallas a few plays later. Mac doesn’t have “it”; he doesn’t have a clutch bone in his body.
Wait, so because the defense didn't hold up his 4th quarter TD to take the lead, that's Mac's fault?

I know "fan" is short for "fanatic" but, man, the anti-Mac brigade is truly insane. I think 20+ years of success broke their brain. And only having what amounts to three starting QB's in the last 35 years (Bledsoe, Brady, Cam) made people forget how hard it is to identify, draft and develop a franchise QB. There are still teams out there searching for their next "guy" since their previous heyday decades ago.

Vs Eagles- L
Vs Dolphins- L
@Jets- L
@cowboys-L
Vs Saints-W
@Raiders-W
Vs Bills-L
@Phins-W
Vs Commanders- W
Vs Colts(Germany)- W
@giants-W
Vs Chargers-W
@Steelers-W
Vs Chiefs-L
@broncos-W
@Bills-L
Vs Jets-W

The First part of this schedule is brutal but I think we can get to 10 wins by turning it on in the second half. Maybe we steal one against a good team but we haven't beat a good team in a while so who knows?
10-7.

Vs Eagles- L
Vs Dolphins- L
@Jets- L
@cowboys-L
Vs Saints-W
@Raiders-W
Vs Bills-L
@Phins-W
Vs Commanders- W
Vs Colts(Germany)- W
@giants-W
Vs Chargers-W
@Steelers-W
Vs Chiefs-L
@broncos-W
@Bills-L
Vs Jets-W

The First part of this schedule is brutal but I think we can get to 10 wins by turning it on in the second half. Maybe we steal one against a good team but we haven't beat a good team in a while so who knows?
10-7.
No way they're going into Miami or Denver (in December) and winning. The Pats win at home vs the Phins, though.

No way they're going into Miami or Denver (in December) and winning. The Pats win at home vs the Phins, though.
The Denver game is going to be a defensive slugfest because the broncos have a very good defense but their offense is terrible

The Denver game is going to be a defensive slugfest because the broncos have a very good defense but their offense is terrible
The combination of the thin air and Judon getting gassed in the last quarter of the year is going to severely limit the Pats' pass rush. And we all know how punting and receiving punts can go in Denver.

Wait, so because the defense didn't hold up his 4th quarter TD to take the lead, that's Mac's fault?

I know "fan" is short for "fanatic" but, man, the anti-Mac brigade is truly insane. I think 20+ years of success broke their brain. And only having what amounts to three starting QB's in the last 35 years (Bledsoe, Brady, Cam) made people forget how hard it is to identify, draft and develop a franchise QB. There are still teams out there searching for their next "guy" since their previous heyday decades ago.
That is the only time he has done it! One time, in all the games he has played, one time and that was quickly negated, and he had another chance in that game and came up empty!

Home (4-3)

Bills L
Dolphins L
Jets W
Chiefs L
Chargers L
Colts W
Eagles L
Commanders W
Saints W

Away (3-5)

Bills L
Dolphins L
Jets L
Steelers W
Raiders L
Broncos L
Cowboys W
Giants W

7-10

That is the only time he has done it! One time, in all the games he has played, one time and that was quickly negated, and he had another chance in that game and came up empty!
Not every game is an opportunity for a 4th quarter comeback or game-winning drive. Some games are well over by the time the final quarter rolls around.

Plus half of Mac's games were played as a rookie. The other half were with a dysfunctional offensive coaching staff. People are talking like Mac should be this grizzled vet by now. He's been in the league two seasons and the last year was a regression due to coaching.

Not every game is an opportunity for a 4th quarter comeback or game-winning drive. Some games are well over by the time the final quarter rolls around.

Plus half of Mac's games were played as a rookie. The other half were with a dysfunctional offensive coaching staff. People are talking like Mac should be this grizzled vet by now. He's been in the league two seasons and the last year was a regression due to coaching.

last year, had the ball in the 4th quarter a TD gives them the lead....

Baltimore- 3 such possessions: interception, fumble, interception lose 37-26
Minnesota- 4 such possessions: punt, punt, downs, downs lose 33-26
Vegas- actually scored a 4th Quarter TD (on a 34 yard TD run)! then, 2 possessions: 3 and out and the throw back fumble TD to (should never have been traded for a bag of magic beans) C. Jones, TD lose game 30-24.
Cincy- 2 such possessions: fumble, downs lose 22-18

OPEN QUESTION
How much better is the Offense and Special Teamers (including kickers) compared to last year?

I expect the Defense to be at least as good.
===============================
So, we were 8-9 last year and were a game away. The schedule is tougher. HOWEVER, I think that both the Offense and the Speical Teams are enough better than in 2022 to win 2-3 more games.

Now that Bill the GM is bringing in lacrosse players for tryouts, f#ck my 6 win prediction - it's now a 12+ win team, Super Bowl or bust!

Like 2 super bowls since the Pats last won theirs...
How many does Pat end up with?

As long as the Chiefs provide him with good rosters, he's going to make you boy Tom sweat.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back