OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

We will be _____ in 2023.

• Much improved (12-16 Wins, at least 1 PO win)

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Improved (10-11 Wins, playoff appearance)

Votes: 48 48.5%
  • Same Sh*t Different Season (7-9 Wins)

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • 9 miles of sh*t (5-7 Wins)

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Then there's us (0-4 Wins)

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I mean, the draft is over. Why not?

Granted, "predict the roster" makes more sense, but you have any idea how many poll responses you'd need? :D

21-0.

Yup, that's right. They're going to go 17-0, but so will the Texans who will win the bye on a coin flip tiebreaker, so the patriots will have to win four playoff games. Which they will.

Where's that option?

(but really I voted for Improved)

I’m more focused how we’ll do against our AFC East rivals. I wonder if we can even make .500 against the Jets, Phins, and Bills.

We’re ranked #20 behind all the other afc East teams. I think the Phins are too high on the list.

But the Bills and Jets likely should be considered better teams at this point.

No RlK2g’s?

Way too early, no June cuts, ota’s, tc?

7-10 with the right to change my mind.

We’ll have to see what Bob, Klemm and all the additions do before making any real predictions.

The absolute worst-case scenario is 7-8 wins with zero improvements from the QB play.

The best-case scenario where a lot has to break right is something like 9-10 wins that allows this team to sneak into the playoffs as a wild card and pull off an upset against a sufficiently battered or mentally soft team before bowing out in the divisional.

I'm going to be circumspect and say 9-8 and just missing out on the playoffs.

Last edited:
I voted 10-11. I don’t know why, but getting O’Brien in as the OC/QB coach really has me optimistic. I think Mac knows he has to swim or sink this year, and I just feel that he’s going to have a good year (with BOB’s help). I think he’ll surpass his rookie season stats. I can see him surpassing 4,000 yards and 30+ TD passes.

I also think offensively, the fact that they didn’t select a WR high, they have faith in Thornton, and I expect a breakout year for him. I also think they upgraded by signing Smith-Schuster and Gesicki. I really like the Gesicki signing. I think that O’Brien will use the 2 TE offense that was so successful 10 years ago. Maybe not as much as back then, but Gesicki and Henry are both good pass catching TE’s who can be mismatches.

I also think we’ll see the emergence of Pierre Strong. Belichick truly is the master of the redshirt RB. So many successful Pat’s RB’s sit most of their rookie seasons (Stevenson was the rare Pat’s rookie RB who got a lot of playing time). Strong has blazing speed, shiftinesses and good hands. If he’s become a good pass blocker, he can be a 3rd down back. I think he’ll be the Pat’s #2 back, I’m not that optimistic about Robinson.

Defensively, the addition of Gonzalez, and hopefully the healthy return of Jack Jones, makes our secondary even better than last year. Of course I love our front four. LB we kept Wilson which I think was a good move, good speed, and I think Bentley has become a respected member of the LB crew (by his teammates, not so much by the fans).

Excited about Klemm coming in as our Oline coach, I think that was a big signing. Just feel optimistic.

But I honestly wish they did more for Mac, and though I felt Juju and Gesicki are upgrades, there weren’t any more offensive additions in FA or early in the draft. You look at what teams did for young QBs across the league this year and recently, and the Pats just didn’t do that. Don’t know if that will backfire.

Way too early prediction ? I'll give a shot.
11-6, a few nail biting finishes that start going our way this season - 1 namely against the Bills.

Fast forward...

Super Bowl Sunday, Pats are tied with the 49ers 17-17 with 3 minutes to go in the 4th. Ball on Patriots 37..Patriots are unable to get much going as both Hunter Henry and Gesecki left the game earlier with injuries. Sokol is flagged for back to back holds which ultimately kills the drive.

Rookie Punter Bryce Barring comes out and nails a magnificent punt and pins the 49ers inside their 5.

49ers QB Sam Darnold comes out. The moment looks to be getting to him. He looks....spooked.

1st snap is a toss to McCaffrey and he's able to pick up a first. Clock is ticking toward the 2 min warning - the 49ers are happy to let it go. Next play Darnold is able to find Kittle for a back breaking 30 yd completion. TO 49ers.

Belichick begins to mirror every movement of Kyle Shanahan from across the field (we later find out this is a navy seal tactic that Belichick has been waiting to use for years).

49ers line up, snap...looking at aiyuk deep...Keion White breaks free nearly comes up with a sack but Darnold is able to heave a pass deep and...intercepted by Gonzalez. Gonzalez is able to gain 20 yds from the spot of interception.

Pandemonium.

Patriots come out , Stevenson breaks a 15 yd Rd...and just like we all guessed. Chad Ryland comes and boots the fg to win the SB.

Patriots QB Cam Newton is named MVP of the game and season.

I feel pretty confident in this.

I mean, okay :D

Way too early prediction ? I'll give a shot.
11-6, a few nail biting finishes that start going our way this season - 1 namely against the Bills.

Fast forward...

Super Bowl Sunday, Pats are tied with the 49ers 17-17 with 3 minutes to go in the 4th. Ball on Patriots 37..Patriots are unable to get much going as both Hunter Henry and Gesecki left the game earlier with injuries. Sokol is flagged for back to back holds which ultimately kills the drive.

Rookie Punter Bryce Barring comes out and nails a magnificent punt and pins the 49ers inside their 5.

49ers QB Sam Darnold comes out. The moment looks to be getting to him. He looks....spooked.

1st snap is a toss to McCaffrey and he's able to pick up a first. Clock is ticking toward the 2 min warning - the 49ers are happy to let it go. Next play Darnold is able to find Kittle for a back breaking 30 yd completion. TO 49ers.

Belichick begins to mirror every movement of Kyle Shanahan from across the field (we later find out this is a navy seal tactic that Belichick has been waiting to use for years).

49ers line up, snap...looking at aiyuk deep...Keion White breaks free nearly comes up with a sack but Darnold is able to heave a pass deep and...intercepted by Gonzalez. Gonzalez is able to gain 20 yds from the spot of interception.

Pandemonium.

Patriots come out , Stevenson breaks a 15 yd Rd...and just like we all guessed. Chad Ryland comes and boots the fg to win the SB.

Patriots QB Cam Newton is named MVP of the game and season.

I feel pretty confident in this.
Twilight zone twist at the end

9-11 playoff appearance

This wasn't listed
This

I'm thinking we will get 9 or ten wins. It's a competitive conference so let's say 9 wins still gets us in the playoffs. And if we can pull off a win that would go a long way to quiet the storm.

For me though record aside the most important thing is Mac. We need to see something from him that makes us believers. Or the other way we need to find out now if he won't be that guy. Zappe too but I still think more of Mac.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back