PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice squad thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see Nunn cleared waivers. I was never on the Bam Childress band wagon.

Just so I am clear on the other PS rules ...

You can sign any FA to your PS, assuming they have eligibility left? And you can sign any player from a PS to your roster of 53?

IIRC if you sign a PS player from someone else's team to your roster, you're required to keep them active on the 53-man squad for three weeks or something. So, other teams rarely raid another team's PS once the season's in swing.

CB DeAngelo Willingham

He is #2 to the PS.

According to Tom Curran the Patriots tried to get Tristan Davis but he went to the Lions. The other team that had interest was the Jaguars.

The Pats have added Isaiah Stanback - QB and Daryl Richard - DT as well to the practice squad.

The Pats have added Isaiah Stanback - QB and Daryl Richard - DT as well to the practice squad.

nunn to practice squad according to reiss

CB DeAngelo Willingham

He is #2 to the PS.

Where did you see this? I would have thought that Reiss/Gaspar would have put it up on their blog, but its not there the last I looked. Thanks in advance

According to Tom Curran the Patriots tried to get Tristan Davis but he went to the Lions. The other team that had interest was the Jaguars.

Now why would the Pats be looking to add bowling ball of a RB like this kid??? Besides the fact that he's a bowling ball that runs in the 4.38 range..

Brian Brohm?

I imagine that GB had to pay him a couple of hundred Gs to stick around on their PS. I'm still surprised that a team with the cap room & need for a developmental QB didn't claim him anyway.

If they have any PS eligibility, I'd love to see 2 of my Day 2 '08 draft binkies, OG Roy Scheuning & C/G Steven Justice, on our PS.

An OLB/DE such as Stryker Sulak or Lee Robinson would be nice, too. Speaking of Donkeys' cuts, I wonder if DE/OLB Tim Crowder has any PS eligibility.

And of course, we could always use an ILB. Beau Bell was waived by Mangina; I wonder if he's PS-eligible, and relatively healthy.

I like the makeup if our PS so far; they should be announcing the rest sometime today.

This is especially fun for Belichick this year. All his rookies except Richard are already on the squad or on one of the injury lists. He already has signed the two players we all wanted for the Practice Squad: Nunn and Richard. All the rest is gravy.

I like the makeup if our PS so far; they should be announcing the rest sometime today.

Given the fact that there are only three OT's, I would expect an OT on the squad. I saw Jamon Meredith cut, and I'm sure there are others.

Meredith was signed to GB's PS. But what about OBurger's linemate Gerald Cadogan? He signed with Carolina as a UDFA, but was released during the final cuts.

And who is this Brown guy whom Bill signed to the PS?

Still no ILB or OLB/DE signed...very disappointing.

Last edited:
And who is this Brown guy whom Bill signed to the PS?
He's Patrick Brown...6'5" 295 from Central Florida...looks like a young kid who may have potential..not one to step tight in..but go to Dante's School...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes