PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Powerball: What if Edelman wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I am concerned that Edelman might decide to sit out on Saturday if he wins at Powerball. He would have like a billion dollars, so what if he just says, "guys, I just don't want to play until I'm 100%". And what is BB going to do, threaten to fine him? I don't think Edelman would have any problem paying the fine any more.

Edelman is such a crucial part of our offense...just the thought of this is worrying me. Edelman is kicking back in his lazy boy recliner at his house, picking out private jets in some fancy magazine, while the tv in the background shows Brady holding the ball because no one's open and then Hali and Houston crush him.

Don't get me wrong...Amendola is a good player, too, but what if he also wins Powerball?

I have to say, I know a lot of people are probably annoyed by these meta-joke threads, but I've found them hilarious; and especially with all the unknowns looming around the team right now, it's nice to come here and have something to laugh about.

"Wes? This is Jules."

"Jules! Hey dude, what's up? Wanna go to Hooters?"

"No, man. Look, I was wondering if you'd like a three-week gig."

"I don't know, Jules. I'm trying to stay in shape and catch on with somebody. What's up?"

"Well, Wes, I came into some dough and I was hoping you'd do a me a solid and take my snaps for me for the next three weeks for say, $10 million a game. Tom's okay with it."

"Sounds good. What about Bill?"

"Bill? Well, he was a little grumpy about it, but I slipped him a few bucks and punched him in the eye. He came around. He said that you had to promise to catch the damn ball in San Jose and no jokes at the press conference."

"Aw geez, Jules. Sorry, man. No can do. Why don't you give Troy a call?"

If Edleman won, he'd no longer have to work for a living and he'd get to do what he wants to do.

Thus, he'd be playing football on Saturday @ 4:25pm vs the Chiefs.

I am concerned that Edelman might decide to sit out on Saturday if he wins at Powerball. He would have like a billion dollars, so what if he just says, "guys, I just don't want to play until I'm 100%". And what is BB going to do, threaten to fine him? I don't think Edelman would have any problem paying the fine any more.

Edelman is such a crucial part of our offense...just the thought of this is worrying me. Edelman is kicking back in his lazy boy recliner at his house, picking out private jets in some fancy magazine, while the tv in the background shows Brady holding the ball because no one's open and then Hali and Houston crush him.

Don't get me wrong...Amendola is a good player, too, but what if he also wins Powerball?

What if Brady wins it?

Can people stop with these what if one of the Patriots' people wins Powerball tonight? I am going to win tonight and all this talk about other people winning is really ruining my excitement.

I heard they did a team pool, everyone put in $1,000 and they bought 50,000 tickets. They ALL might win! :eek::eek::eek:

If I don't win I'm hoping Roger Goodell does so he can retire.

I heard they did a team pool, everyone put in $1,000 and they bought 50,000 tickets. They ALL might win! :eek::eek::eek:

So that's what Ernie's job is!

What if Brady wins it?

If Brady wins, I am going to be really concerned as well. I could definitely see him spending some big money on a more expensive trainer than Alex Guerrero...but what if his new trainer is secretly one of Andy Reid's friends and gives him supplements that cause interceptions?

Edelman plays for the love of the game. Winning the world's biggest-ever lottery jackpot would make no difference.

Can people stop with these what if one of the Patriots' people wins Powerball tonight? I am going to win tonight and all this talk about other people winning is really ruining my excitement.
You can't win, because that would mean I wouldn't win. But I'm not going to check the winning numbers 'til tomorrow so I can dream tonight about what I'd do with the windfall. Of course, most of it would go to charitable causes. I fancy myself a renowned philanthropist, making the world a better place.

JE will play. They don't announce the winning numbers til late Saturday, anyways ;)

I finally googled about what this poweball commotion is all about. 2 bucks a ticket for a chance at 1.5 billion? I don't buy lottery tickets but if I lived near the states I'd go down and buy one too!

If je11 wins, we might see actual real life Burgertyme franchises.

They just drew the numbers and I'm really nervous that Edelman or another key player won Powerball. Gronkowski hasn't said anything on Twitter or anything...it's like he's just holding his cards close to his chest. No one is saying anything. This really sucks...I just know at least one if not several Patriots players won.

They just drew the numbers and I'm really nervous that Edelman or another key player won Powerball. Gronkowski hasn't said anything on Twitter or anything...it's like he's just holding his cards close to his chest. No one is saying anything. This really sucks...I just know at least one if not several Patriots players won.
When will the team's PR department make an announcement?

When will the team's PR department make an announcement?

The fact they've said nothing confirms what we all fear the most. I think Malcolm Butler won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back