PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Rams @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots are perfect there is nothing to get excited about. They have an elite defense and great offense.

Show me one person who has said anything like this here?

StrawMan2.jpg

I believe! They can do no wrong. Bill for president and Brady for Secretary of State.

On second thought, maybe we have some work to do this season.

Really?

You diddnt just post this 5 minutes ago?

Patriots are perfect there is nothing to get excited about. They have an elite defense and great offense.

Show me one person who has said anything like this here?

StrawMan2.jpg

Exactly

Only thing that was posted was offense clearly using the Plan D offense still put up 400 yards. Which the lack of TD success might have been a good thing in terms of Ghost 3 FGs of 45+ today

The defense had they not given up the big play at the end would have held the Rams to under 100 yards offense which would have been the first time since 2010 a team in the nfl held another team to under 100 yards

Which I'm sure people will say "he's a rookie and Rams suck" . Yet those are the same people coming into this game thinking Pats defense would make Goff look good.

Which the 162 yards allowed is good for 4th best by a defense this year

No is saying greatest offense and greatest defense. It's a game where the Pats took care of business, which unlike last year Week 13 Pats didn't take care of business at home

And certainly a great RB trio to have (esp. without the TE duo)

I think Fisher was the one who brought in Blount to Tennessee back in his rookie year in 2010.

The rest of the season will be a slog on offense... We can expect 33% third down conversions going forward and if teams bottle up the run it'll be worse...2 touchdowns and 4 fg Vs one of the worst teams in the league AT HOME is bad... Something tells me the 4 yard passing attack isn't gonna work next monday

And if the offense does work next Monday--say, to the point of scoring 28 or more--will you reconsider this opinion?

No ****!!!!! Its not just sarcasm its a deflection tactic. Dosent work here.

You are literally too stupid to discuss anything with. And I will continue to go after idiots who think that the inmates are going to run the asylum here. Not happening.

No it was just plain old sarcasm because I really don't feel like discussing anything with you. You dont bring anything to the table and resort to insulting people.

Well considering we've finished 12-4 the last four consecutive seasons... you're not being very bold there.

At this point I'd be disappointed with 12-4. I'm guessing that @Denver (always tough there) is a L and jets is a W. So that means either Ravens at Gillette or Dolphins in Miami is another L, and either of those would suck

At this point I'd be disappointed with 12-4. I'm guessing that @Denver (always tough there) is a L and jets is a W. So that means either Ravens at Gillette or Dolphins in Miami is another L, and either of those would suck

I'm going to be bold and say 13-3. I say we beat Denver. I think we drop a division game.

And if the offense does work next Monday--say, to the point of scoring 28 or more--will you reconsider this opinion?
Depends...if th3y score 14 points on short fields, then no... But if the offense mounts 3 scoring drives of 70 yards, then that's a great sign... they need to be able to sustain drives to win playoff games

I think 13-3 is our key to get number one, but with how Oakland's playing it wouldn't shock me if they get to 13 wins as well.

The rest of the season will be a slog on offense... We can expect 33% third down conversions going forward and if teams bottle up the run it'll be worse...2 touchdowns and 4 fg Vs one of the worst teams in the league AT HOME is bad... Something tells me the 4 yard passing attack isn't gonna work next monday
Pretty sure they should just pack it in now and save themselves the bother of losing the games.

Its not negativity its reality. We all knew the Patriots were going to beat the Rams. I know I am stupid apparently, the Patriots are perfect there is nothing to get excited about. They have an elite defense and great offense.

Or:
Nevermind this will go in circles. I won't comment anymore until after the Ravens/Broncos games. Those are 2 quality teams.
A sound plan.

Offense was terrific right out of the gate, clearly convinced they could run over the Rams, and did. Then they protected the lead, played safe and steady to secure the win. The unit has another gear or two at its disposa--we've seen it before-- so criticism that they should have won by more, or should have scored more TDs instead of FGs is a little beside the point. They didn't need to and they knew it. They took the air out of the ball, controlled their possessions and took the 3 points when it was there. Sorry that ball security is not sexy, but you can't argue the outcome. Solid win and never in doubt which is everything you should want as a team. Just wish that Amendola was okay at the end of it.

What we learned on D is that the Pats CAN bring the heat when they want to-- but most weeks choose not to. Maybe we've known this before, but here's the game where the fact was in full evidence. They let loose, with uncharacteristic overloaded pressure. Corner blitz and LB blitz was clearly the scheme for the week, targeting the rookie QB.

For the fans who want to see this every week, all I can say is be careful what you wish for. BB is smarter than all the rest of us put together. Swarming pass rush has its downside, too, and veteran QBs like Rothlesberger, Flacco and Wilson will know how to take advantage. The bet was that Goff could not, and thus endeth the lesson. I'm just glad to see we've got that in the toolbox, for when we need it. But if BB and MP prefer playing a straight front most weeks, against most teams...we'll, I'm sure they have their reasons.

Not much more to see here. Brady was classic Brady, surgical and historic. But for fans, the game was non competitive and pretty boring.

Oh, and Jeff Fisher is an idiot.

I see you calling people trolls and alot of other names. I have already given my reasons in the AFC #2 ppg thread. You don't really say much at all about the team except go after anyone that is in the least bit critical of the team.

Its called sarcasm..
Wait, I thought you weren't going to comment again until after the Broncos game....

Confused....

For everybody who gets irritated when the announcers seem to root for the Pats' opponents in hope of a competitive game, Burkhardt and Lynch must have been music to your ears. It was pretty much a love letter to Brady & co. straight through. I imagine Rams fans put the tv on mute after a while.

Not entirely. He kept mentioning how the sexual predator didn't have as good teams as Tom Brady has had.

Not entirely. He kept mentioning how the sexual predator didn't have as good teams as Tom Brady has had.
Remind me again who the sexual predator is.

I gotcha. That's what I figured, but I wasn't putting two and two together with the incident at Tennessee.

No worries, sexual assault seems like acceptable behaviour for the NYJFL*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST