PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Browns

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

I see Bailey looking to the right, not liking what he sees plus Garrett barreling at him when Cannon falls down and Rham doesn't block him, then zipping a pass to the left right at receivers hands. Bailey never moved or even flinched. Very fast processing.

Another myth busted that he just threw to his first read and didn't go through his progressions.

Agreed. When I saw that pass all I could think was that it was very Mahomes like.
Exactly my thought and I saw some shovel passes out of pocket in preseason and was really thinking wow. This guy is not a statue and has some poor man mahomes moves ..

Stark difference in these #s. I'm no longer listening to nonsense about level of competition. There are 2 road games & a home game for each in these #s. The biggest difference is in the level of preparation that Mac received as QB1 vs what Zappe received as QB3 in game planning, 1st team reps, # of reps, etc. This kid came off the bench & balled out. That's very impressive.

View attachment 46344
Part of it is that D coordinators haven't honed in on Zappe's weaknesses yet either. I'm still on the fence. I'm hoping Mac is out for at least one more week, so we can see if zappe can replicate

Anyone can pressure CFL level Jacoby

Can we pressure Allen and Mahomes?
Without Hill, the Chiefs are not that different from us. Hill plus Kelce made teams put 4 people on defense on them and made life very easy for Mahomes.
The Bills are the only team to beat.

Without Hill, the Chiefs are not that different from us. Hill plus Kelce made teams put 4 people on defense on them and made life very easy for Mahomes.
The Bills are the only team to beat.
The Bills are the team to beat, but I wouldn’t go that far. The Chiefs offense is still rolling and as maddening as ever as to how seemingly everyone on that team is wide open at one point or another.

The first guy DID recover the ball, but only after the 2nd guy touched it with his hand while he was out of bounds.
Watch it again from the sideline camera.

Patsfans is divided the old guys want Mac and the younglings want Bailey. I guess you could say there is a generation zap.

Patsfans is divided the old guys want Mac and the younglings want Bailey. I guess you could say there is a generation zap.

And I thought it would be the feather in my zap

Bill's right about the penalties... It's the same one(s) in most cases: Lose/Lose (& Trent Brown).

Pray for Marcus Cannon's continued health...
Captain, I know you aren't the biggest Cannon fan, but from the "eye test" he looks pretty good so far, definitely playing better than Wynn and not committing any penalties, any thoughts on his play?

Last edited:
One last thought on this game before I forget... the NFL needs to modify the illegal touching rule. The call on Hunter Henry is this game showed a flaw in the current rule. He was clearly pushed out of bounds by a defender & not his own impetus. He should be allowed to reestablish himself inbounds and become eligible again. Why does the NFL believe a player should be penalized when they were forced out? It should only apply if the player steps out on their own.

I get that this penalty seems to have been created to prevent gunners from running out of bounds on a punt to avoid a block, but they now penalize that - in both directions (pushing out or running out are both penalties) - so it makes no sense to me at this time.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back