PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible H-Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Matt Bernstein out of Wisconsin. He is a FB, but he has the size (6'2, 267 lbs) , blocking ability, Running ability, route running ability and hands, to be a prototypical H-back.

The guy is a tremendous athelete and is very smart. He also LOVES to block on the run. Can pick up the blitz very well and pass blocks well also.

I think this guy would be a steal for the Patriots at the end of the 3rd or even the 4th round.

I watched him played a few games, but I got to see the one where he became the primary runner because all 3 of wisconsin's top runners were down with injury. During that game, Bernstein was running down the sidelines and he hurdled a LB that that was trying to tackle him and then got another 10 yards or so. Kid is a very gifted athelete.

Patriots should consider the guy he was blocking for. Brian Calhoun has an insane amount of talent. I think Kevin Faulk was servicable for this franchise but it's time to move on and Calhoun is unreal.

EugeneKillsColts said:
Patriots should consider the guy he was blocking for. Brian Calhoun has an insane amount of talent. I think Kevin Faulk was servicable for this franchise but it's time to move on and Calhoun is unreal.

Agreed. I watched him play a few games and was very impressed. Barry Alvaraz his coach said he is the best RB he has ever coached. He also was listed at 194lbs. said he played in the bowl game at 208 and will be around 210 at the combine. Should be there in the 3 rd.

Bernstein may be able to be had pretty late in the draft. Maybe even 5th or 6th round. Not many teams draft Fullbacks very high anymore. A possible H-back/TE I like is Garrett Mills of Tulsa.

Mills doesn't do blocking. He might try on a CB or FS, but that's about it for him. He prefers to lean into people and then fall on the ground. We have Fauria to do that for us.

Ochmed Jones said:
Mills doesn't do blocking. He might try on a CB or FS, but that's about it for him. He prefers to lean into people and then fall on the ground. We have Fauria to do that for us.
Must have been the lean that had Will Smith of NO so upset.... :rolleyes:

or the illegal kick to the side of the knee. But that only important if your Will Smith......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye