PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Positional rankings OT pre combine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Fairly deep draft for OT's this year. We currently have a first rounder and 2 second rounders at the position, but one OT is coming off a back injury, always tricky things, especially in his case since he had back surgery in college. And another OT is in his mid 30's. Not sure where Cannon fits.

Positional requirements: Athletic and mobile. Ability to sink hips and anchor against the bull rush and ability to mirror in pass protection. On running plays must be able to fire out with the flat back and create movement.

Rankings:

1.) Kalil - USC - Monster year. Really moves well. Mobile and tough to beat on passing plays. Top 5 pick.
2.) Reiff - Iowa - Beast that really gets after you all game long. Can play any way you want, physical, technique and finesse. Top 10 pick.
3.) Martin - Stanford - Started the year at #1 for me, but had a bad Oregon game. Best run blocking OT in this draft. Top 15 pick.
4.) Adams - Ohio State - UP and down season, but appears to be athletic enough to excel with better technique and strength. Late first early second.
5.) Potter - Boise State - Needs to add strength and creates little push in the running game, but is very good as a pass blocker in the passing game. 2nd round.

Sleeper: Kelly - Purdue - Mountainous 6'8" and 320 pounds. Not a lot of flab and a decent technician. Needs Strength and help with technique. Weak in the running game. Decent in the passing game.

dear Santa

I know this a thread for tackles and it's somewhat late in the season but please could you find a way to ensure that we get a shot at David DeCastro. In the Fiesta Bowl, he was a man amongst boys.

I think we'll see the Boise State kid, the Mad Potter, inch up into the first round.

When teams look at offensive line play and view the results of players like BC's Gosder Cherilibust, it's more than the physical skills. As we've seen with the Patriots, O-line requires lots of smarts.

I like this mock draft and where it puts Nate Potter--#28 for Pittsburgh. 2012 NFL Mock Draft Part 2

Great point State. I'm not too big on Boise kids usually but Potter might be a good late 1st rounder. There is such a huge drop off from Reiff to Martin in my opinion. I could see Martin falling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back