PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Porter inactive for game tonight, trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back to the original part of this thread, looks like Art Shell has taken Porter to the woodshed, but this makes no sense. OTOH, with Aaron Brooks as the QB do not blame any Raider who runs his mouth, Shell will have his hands full.

I don't know all the details about Porter, but based purely no statisics would trade him for the Seattle #1 and his five year contract... see how he does with a very good QB on a very good team, our WR depth chart would look like Porter, Jackson, Gabriel, Brown and Caldwell... pretty forminable.

I would love to have Porter, but not for a @1. He would do really well with Tom Brady as his QB. I like Bam but wouldn't have a problem seeing him go back to the PS.

Talk of getting Moss in here is wishful thinking at best, but when did we start turning Moss into TO.

Moss's off-field issues have been no worse than Jonathan Sullivan's.

Moss is a guy who's issues are not about off-field or monetary concerns.

Moss's problem is he wants to win and unfortunately for him (although he should have seen some of these things coming), he's been stuck with some horrible teams/coaches.

I think he would relish the environment here in NE. Winning attitude, competant coaching and most importantly a great QB.

Wasn't Branch a GOOD SOLDIER. A Patriots kind of player?

I don't begrudge Branch for doing what he did, but inadvertantly he disrupted the team almost as bad as TO did, and much more than Moss ever did.

Re: Jerry Porter Listed as Inactive - Shall we take two from Raider Nation?

I'm Ron Borges? said:
I agree with you but Moss is crying that Art Shell is too hard on the players. I'm just not sure he has the mental toughness to co-exist with Belichick.

What if, like Dillon, he comes to the Pats and becomes a model player because he finally gets to WIN?

I say send them Seattle's #1, plus maybe a player and use all that cap money on Moss. :) :) :)

Never going to happen.

Well Porter may have not have been hit on the field last night but his character sure took one.

Porter, the inactive receiver, was seen laughing and pumping his fist along the bench when Brooks was sacked a seventh time. Is Porter celebrating the fact his team is getting destroyed without him in the lineup, or is he happy he's not on the field taking a beating with the rest of his teammates?

He may have just cost himself any chance of playing with Brady with that one.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/indexn?blogid=11

wow.

I wish there was more information on this. I also don't want to rely on the Jets board for a "porter to ne trade" but why in the hell would they ever talk about it unless there was a real chance of it happening?

i mean i know their team sucks and all, but there has to be something else to talk about.

If Porter did come here, it would be interesting.

I'm wondering if we're just going to give Seattle's 1st for Porter.

Branch for Porter straight up isn't bad.

Last edited:
GJAJ15 said:
our WR depth chart would look like Porter, Jackson, Gabriel, Brown and Caldwell... pretty forminable.

3 AFC West guys - could we be looking for guys who are more familiar playing against the Broncos D?

Since we only scored 3 points in the first half of both contests last year it could be to our advantage.

richpats said:
I'm wondering if we're just going to give Seattle's 1st for Porter.

Branch for Porter straight up isn't bad.
I bet they give a 2nd for him and nothing more.

a first is a lot for a guy who was laughing at his QB while he was getting mangled.

No, no and no.

I would much rather roll the dice and see what Gabriel and Jackson bring to the table than take on a disgruntled guy who has never even been that good as a #2. And that is a #2 with Moss beside him!

No.

I can't believe we get as far as week three without beefing up the receiving corps; at the moment Jerry Porter looks like just about the best available, so perhaps it will be him.

But even if it isn't, I can't believe we've seen all the names with Brady receptions this year on the roster. A 1,000 yard a season veteran receiver makes this team is a legitimate SB contender. Without I think one it's a lottery.

We need a guy that can be a legitimate go-to-guy for Brady. He's had decent years and some playoff/SB experience. Hopefully he's grateful for the opportunity to come in and play for a ring.

EDIT: I think Givens signing with the Titans showed us all that to some people, 2 rings is enough. We need motivated guys out there.

Last edited:
Has anyone confirmed that this rumor was on EEI?

His character doesn't seem a good fit.

If the 'laughing on the sidelines at his QB getting creamed' story is correct, the Patriots would want no part of that.

I'm listening to WEEI right now over the net at my law office (in Texas). They just mentioned Porter's name in the context of also being ahead of the game in predicting Branch for a 1. We'll see.

QB12

Last edited:
Urgent said:
His character doesn't seem a good fit.

If the 'laughing on the sidelines at his QB getting creamed' story is correct, the Patriots would want no part of that.

At least he was on the sideline and showed up for camp....

Jerry Porter-WR-Raiders Sep. 12 - 10:14 am et

WEEI in Boston's Jon Meterparel reported Tuesday that the Patriots are close acquiring Raiders WR Jerry Porter, but other sources including NFL.com's Pat Kirwan have dismissed the claim.

Don't call them the New England Raiders just yet. Meterparel hasn't been the most reliable reporter in the past, although the possible deal makes sense on the surface. If Porter is available in your fantasy league, it's a good idea to pick him up in case.

from http://www.rotoworld.com/ so I know it's unreliable, but some info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back