PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POLL: Will Kraft let Brady stand alone if suspended?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Kraft let Brady stand alone if suspended?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/new-england-patriots-wont-aid-tom-brady-in-fight-with-nfl

"Knowing that there is no real recourse available, fighting the league and extending this debate would prove to be futile. We understand and greatly respect the responsibility of being one of 32 in this league and, on that basis, we will accept the findings of the report and take the appropriate actions based on those findings as well as any discipline levied by the league.”

That final line clearly says that whatever the league decides the Patriots’ penalty should be -- loss of a draft pick, fine, suspension of their quarterback -- Kraft will take it. No appeal. No fight. If Kraft means what he stated, then Brady will be on his own to appeal and fight league discipline.
Which would set up an interesting dynamic in Foxboro if Brady gets feelings of abandonment. Because, judging by the tone of his agent Don Yee last week, he's prepared to fight any discipline handed down.

Let the drama begin

This line is key...these are all written by lawyers, so the specific language is important:
"We understand and greatly respect the responsibility of being one of 32 in this league and, on that basis, we will accept the findings of the report and take the appropriate actions based on those findings as well as any discipline levied by the league.”

The entire statement about accepting the penalties is in relation to being one of 32--i.e. from the view of the organization, from the owner. It makes no mention of any penalties levied against players--i.e. Brady.

It's my belief that his statement is couched in lawyer-speak and was only meant to reflect the views from an ownership perspective. It completely left out anything about Brady, or about penalties against individuals. I believe Kraft will take any penalty against the Pats--which I believe will be a minimal fine because of the Wells report specifically exonerating the team and Belichick. What he does about any fine/suspension against Brady...time will tell, but I'm hoping he'll show support for an appeal and back Brady in any way he can. We'll see, he came up woefully short during cameraplacementgate.

He should not have said "we accept the findings".

He should have said "We will accept any discipline imposed on the New England Patriots as a team only because we are contractually-obligated to accept it. If he asks us to, we will support Tom Brady to the extent league rules allow. Certainly, punishing him over such a biased, hole-ridden report is ludicrous."

Kraft is a bigwig among the owners in the NFL so he will let Brady stand alone. I have been a fan
of the Patriots since they were started in 1959 and will think much less of Kraft when he turns his
back on Brady to embrace Roger Goodell. With the evidence so tainted, it should be evident to Kraft
that the league conspired to bring his team down.

I would've normally said yes, but after Kraft's statement he released when the Well's report was I just don't know what Kraft will do.

If Kraft does that, I hope Brady demands a trade and BB resigns.
Thing is...where would Brady want to go? New England is perhaps the only part of the country that doesn't think Tom is a liar and a cheat at this point. Probably one of the better places to live and raise his family. I don't see him leaving but he should feel resentment toward Krafty Bob.

Kraft may limit what he does to avoid appearing to aid the NFLPA in a potential appeal.

I have no idea what will happen though. I'm willing to believe he's motivated to fight on Brady's behalf, but also knows he must act behind the scenes or in other ways that cannot be leaked to the league's mouthpiece media, so as to portray him as pulling favors to lessen the penalty. It's much cleaner if Brady and the NFLPA win the appeal on their own.

Thing is...where would Brady want to go? New England is perhaps the only part of the country that doesn't think Tom is a liar and a cheat at this point. Probably one of the better places to live and raise his family. I don't see him leaving but he should feel resentment toward Krafty Bob.
The other teams would change their mind if they thought it was even a possibility. They love to talk s*** but they'd trip over themselves to get him.

The other teams would change their mind if they thought it was even a possibility. They love to talk s*** but they'd trip over themselves to get him.

Correct.

Just as they would if BB was available.

Hypocrite bastages, since it's someone else doing all of the winning.

Brady will also appeal the suspension, and take it as far as necessary to get the bs findings thrown out, so that he will regain his reputation, despite being abandoned by Kraft, who can sit and count all the money Brady him.

Kraft will help Brady to Brady's satisfaction for one simple reason: he has no choice. Andy is right.

He should not have said "we accept the findings".

He should have said "We will accept any discipline imposed on the New England Patriots as a team only because we are contractually-obligated to accept it. If he asks us to, we will support Tom Brady to the extent league rules allow. Certainly, punishing him over such a biased, hole-ridden report is ludicrous."

I'm sure that this alternative response did not require detailed analysis & deep thinking on your part.
(This being the InterWebs I hasten to explain that this is a complement, not a slam)

So it begs the question, does Kraft have a media/legal advisory team? Does he listen to their advice? Are they halfway competent?

Just what is going on here with Bobby in his haste to swab Goodell's rump at every opportunity? First his premature ejaculation of support for Goody in the Rice situation before the dust settled. And now this almost immediate acceptance of the FINDINGS of the Wells report! I am gobsmacked that he would say this assuming he has advisors who had read and analyzed the blathering.

Is Bob going senile?

Has he been "drained of essential bodily fluids" leaving him somewhat incapacitated?

All of the jealous haters who are calling him a liar and a cheat would change their tune quickly if they are fans of a team that is "a QB away" from a trip to the SB and all of a sudden Tom Brady was their QB. We can't know in April, but there might even be a team or two like that in the Division.

Just what is going on here with Bobby in his haste to swab Goodell's rump at every opportunity? First his premature ejaculation of support for Goody in the Rice situation before the dust settled. And now this almost immediate acceptance of the FINDINGS of the Wells report! I am gobsmacked that he would say this assuming he has advisors who had read and analyzed the blathering.

Is Bob going senile?

And don't forget that DURING DeflateGate at one point Kraft gave a public statement saying what a good job he thought Goodell was doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes