Votes: 62 53.0%
  • Are you an idiot wtf randy moss/07 patriots all over again if we get him

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • BB would be too turned off by the drama

Votes: 11 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not. This guy is overrated and wouldn't perform well at all in NE.

heh...nice try but...un-heh

I have watched every WR who ever hit the waiver wire earn his own thread on these boards. I have spoken with great derision about the fans who always felt whatever trash other teams threw away was ALWAYS better than what we happened to have at the position. I have also opined that WR is the one position where the market is bigger than the demand.

HOWEVER that being said, I would absolutely go after him, but only with the idea for him to play in 2017. It is too late to bring him for this season. This is a kid who caught 2400+ yds.....in f$cking CLEVELAND!!! From what I can gather, he's coachable, a good teammate, and works hard. He's NOT a diva WR. His problem is he can't put down the damned bong. It is wildly hypocritical, since a lot of players smoke during the season because they only test once a year, UNLESS you're in the program. It's not like he's cheating with PED's, but it is the current rules. Once you are in "the program" they own you and your urine, any time, any place. You can't even have a beer. Just another example of the very selective and draconian punishment this NFL hands out.

Clearly the kid has some emotional problems but given the right environment, he might thrive. Where better than the "home for Cleveland wanderers." Let him come in and give him a shot to reclaim his career. What would we have to lose vs what we would have to gain. I saw a list the other day and they listed the 4 players who have caught more than 2400 yds in a season. Gordon was #4. The other 3 were in the HOF. :eek:

Exactly

I can't believe some of you can't vision the magnitude of Brady throwing to Gordon and kind of havoc we could wreck. Picture this elite form Gordon with Gronkowski, Bennett Edelman, Hogan, Lewis, LG

I would give him until November .... when weed becomes legal ..... never see him again

You want to grease Amendola for this guy?

I don't think he was referring to this year, but Amendola is likely gone next year, unfortunately.

Unless he takes yet another paycut for the 3rd straight year.

It depends on what we can get him for. If he's a FA and is available for very little in the way of guaranteed money, sure. Anything more than that, no thanks.

I would say absolutely yes, but for 2017. It's too late this year. He's in rehab and I don't want to cut any of our current receivers mid-season to make place for him (exception is if he's cut by the Browns and one of our WRs ends up on IR).

But do I think he'll end up here? Doubt it. There are enough bone-headed GMs out there who'll throw him money in excess of what Belichick would offer him. If Gordon's smart he'll accept a one-year prove-it deal here in New England. The Patriots are one of the very few organisations who could provide him with the leadership, stability and football knowledge necessary to stabilise his life while maximising his on-court value. Just look at Randy Moss. Once he got traded here he agreed on a restructured one-year deal with a $500,000 signing bonus, $1.75 million incentives and $2.5 million base salary. And after the 2007 campaign he re-signed for three years $27 million with a $12 million signing bonus.

He wont play this year more than likely, in 2017 I would bet.
That's what his supporters said last year too, so even if he does come back it will have been from Dec.'14--Sept.'17.

Almost 3 full years out of the league.

Gordon is a guy who Goodell likes, and has given him break after break, to the point of allowing him to practice with the Browns during his recent suspension.. should have been tough love about two episodes ago...

He is the consummate example of a guy who gets confused between, "kindness and weakness"... want no part of him.

If the NFL dislikes him then I say hire him. He can snort crack off a cheerleaders ass in the end zone for all I care.

How do i apply for this job?

What makes anybody believe that Gordon would even be able to play? He can't get on the field
Amendola is here and plays.

For obvious reasons of course imo, if it were to happen I think it would be for the 2017 season since he's doing rehab

"Are you an idiot wtf randy moss/07 patriots all over again"

You wrote this as if Moss in 2007 was a bad thing..lol

What makes anybody believe that Gordon would even be able to play? He can't get on the field
Amendola is here and plays.
Not sure why this discussion has turned into a Flash Gordon v DA argument?

There is some cap stuff that needs to be worked through but if DA wants to stay here he will be here. He'll only be 31 next year.

It's the same situation for JE11. He'll be 31 next year as well. If he experiences another serious injury the team needs to think about if his 2017 cap # of $5.2m makes sense.

All conversation for another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft