• BB would be too turned off by the drama

Votes: 11 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradyking12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
For obvious reasons of course imo, if it were to happen I think it would be for the 2017 season since he's doing rehab

Who would he replace in terms of playing time? Also, has he been released?

2017 career-rehab, minimum contract with incentives, yes.

Any sort of real financial commitment, no.

It'd probably be Amendola as odd man out. And that'd be okay if Gordon is football-smart enough to master the offense, and regular-smart enough make it through the season without getting suspended/banned.

If he got cut it'd be at least worth a job interview, so to speak. Not in trade.

Not yet but Hue said that they are moving on so hes as good as gone
Again, who should he replace in the receiving corps,? Who do you want us to cut to take him?

2017 career-rehab, minimum contract with incentives, yes.

Any sort of real financial commitment, no.

It'd probably be Amendola as odd man out. And that'd be okay if Gordon is football-smart enough to master the offense, and regular-smart enough make it through the season without getting suspended/banned.

If he got cut it'd be at least worth a job interview, so to speak. Not in trade.
You want to grease Amendola for this guy?

I'm not interested at all. He has already made some incredibly costly decisions over the last two years and probably will make a few more before he's hit rock bottom hard enough to take rehab seriously. I do hate stories like these because I would rather be watching highlights of him.

Again, who should he replace in the receiving corps,? Who do you want us to cut to take him?

That's the other part of the equation.

No. A headache that you can't count on.

I love the kids talent, but hes a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

If you want another feast, i would have to pass....

You want to grease Amendola for this guy?
No, I don't want to. I'm one of the guys who argued against cutting Amendola every time it's come up. Danny brings a lot to the table in terms of his familiarity with the offense and the QB, work ethic and team-first mentality, and ST value.

But if a WR had to go to make room for a player that can provide a different dimension to the offense, it would likely be him. My comments were based on a highly theoretical scenario in my mind under which Josh Gordon signs a minimum deal for 2017, sticks around through camp and disproves 4 years of poor conduct to convince BB he would be a model citizen and player, and the roster construction was such that only 4 WR could be kept forcing a tough last-week cut of Amendola. In which case, yeah, I could get on board. But I wouldn't be confident about it.

Fantasy freaks on parade. ************. I'm sure Brady would be pissing champagne at the thought of Gordon replacing Amendola after being away for a month...

I'd love for the Patriots to go after Gordon especially knowing he'll be put into an environment where professionalism is a must. That said, Jerry Jones will be pulling himself sideways at the thought of pairing Gordon with Bryant so I doubt the Pats are given a chance. Someone will grossly overpay for his perceived talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back