Votes: 62 53.0%
  • Are you an idiot wtf randy moss/07 patriots all over again if we get him

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • BB would be too turned off by the drama

Votes: 11 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't want to. I'm one of the guys who argued against cutting Amendola every time it's come up. Danny brings a lot to the table in terms of his familiarity with the offense and the QB, work ethic and team-first mentality, and ST value.

But if a WR had to go to make room for a player that can provide a different dimension to the offense, it would likely be him. My comments were based on a highly theoretical scenario in my mind under which Josh Gordon signs a minimum deal for 2017, sticks around through camp and disproves 4 years of poor conduct to convince BB he would be a model citizen and player, and the roster construction was such that only 4 WR could be kept forcing a tough last-week cut of Amendola. In which case, yeah, I could get on board. But I wouldn't be confident about it.
So, you agree with me. Thank you.

You want to grease Amendola for this guy?

He's in line for another significant pay cut but I expect he and the team to work something out as he'll only be 31.

If they can't.....

I'd love for the Patriots to go after Gordon especially knowing he'll be put into an environment where professionalism is a must. That said, Jerry Jones will be pulling himself sideways at the thought of pairing Gordon with Bryant so I doubt the Pats are given a chance. Someone will grossly overpay for his perceived talent.

Hopefully the tickle of playing with Brady and very possibly getting a ring is enough to make want to come here

Its time to let this dream go. Gordon doesnt have the apptitude in life to be a part of the patriots much less the football apptitude. Randy moss is smart.. He always has been. He rebelled when he felt he was wronged,lied to, or cheated. Josh gordon has a jonny manziel thing going on. We have more chance of signing tim tebow for a week than josh gordon ever wearing a pats uniform. I put the tewbow signing at about zero.

Edit
Bill b did sign haynesworth.... So youre saying theres a chance!!!!

Poll: Should We Go After Josh Gordon?

W4BBContro.gif

LOl
had to quote that to see it
Nice

I would hate to lose Amendola, but imagine this kid with Brady.

He's in line for another significant pay cut but I expect he and the team to work something out as he'll only be 31.

If they can't.....
Jesus, RW, you too? And people thought the Zika virus was dangerous...:)

Jesus, RW, you too? And people thought the Zika virus was dangerous...:)

I don't think you followed my point.

I want DA here next year over Gordon but if he doesn't want to redo his deal you need to explore the options available to you.

Absolutely go after him. Low guarantee with huge incentives. No risk. BB has taken on many troubled players before. If josh can revive his career anywhere, it would be here. This will upset many pats fans, but gordon has more talent as a WR than our entire WR core combined. Brady will be 40 next year, give him a Physically gifted WR who can stretch the field and help an Aging QB out. Again, this would be a veteran minimum contract, hardly any risk. If he relapses, get rid of him.

Amendola is turning 32 next season, Edelman will be 31. Patsfans need to realize WRs typically don't age well. Welker and Moss were washed up by 33. Not saying Gordon would replace either of the two, but could provide insurance if he turns his life around at a low cost.

Some guys are just too much of a disaster to try to fix...Josh Gordon is one of these guys. If it means letting one of our current WR's go absolutely not. Gordon is a junkie.

I have watched every WR who ever hit the waiver wire earn his own thread on these boards. I have spoken with great derision about the fans who always felt whatever trash other teams threw away was ALWAYS better than what we happened to have at the position. I have also opined that WR is the one position where the market is bigger than the demand.

HOWEVER that being said, I would absolutely go after him, but only with the idea for him to play in 2017. It is too late to bring him for this season. This is a kid who caught 2400+ yds.....in f$cking CLEVELAND!!! From what I can gather, he's coachable, a good teammate, and works hard. He's NOT a diva WR. His problem is he can't put down the damned bong. It is wildly hypocritical, since a lot of players smoke during the season because they only test once a year, UNLESS you're in the program. It's not like he's cheating with PED's, but it is the current rules. Once you are in "the program" they own you and your urine, any time, any place. You can't even have a beer. Just another example of the very selective and draconian punishment this NFL hands out.

Clearly the kid has some emotional problems but given the right environment, he might thrive. Where better than the "home for Cleveland wanderers." Let him come in and give him a shot to reclaim his career. What would we have to lose vs what we would have to gain. I saw a list the other day and they listed the 4 players who have caught more than 2400 yds in a season. Gordon was #4. The other 3 were in the HOF. :eek:

Watch Gordon highlights and imagine Brady throwing to him

I agree with this statement 100%. Watch the Gordon highlights and imagine Brady throwing picks. You know, like those times he was running the wrong routes causing Hoyer to throw picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back