PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Are You Feeling Happy or Crappy about Zappe?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are you Feeling Happy or Crappy about Zappe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Putting aside Zappe’s performance, he’s a tremendously more pleasant player to watch play the QB position.

I don’t think I can recall watching a player as unpleasant as Mac Jones is to watch operate at QB; he’s anxious, jittery, seems to always make the wrong decision re: pocket movement, seems incapable of stepping up in the pocket or feeling an edge rush, has poor mechanics, lacks poise and confidence.

At least Zappe has some stones and courage, even if he ultimately also sucks at the end of the day.
It's so hard to watch a professional athlete lose his nerve. Mac Jones is precisely as you describe. Probably the most frequent is with NHL goaltenders, MLB pitchers, coaches in all sports who coach not to lose.

A lot of shock... And a bit of disappointment.
If he goes 6-0 we can all lose our minds over why BB didn't make the move sooner and get pumped and jacked for 2024.

If he does anything more than go 0-6, it will be a wasted season to get into the top three picks in every round for the first time in a long time.

Brake for Drake!

It's so hard to watch a professional athlete lose his nerve. Mac Jones is precisely as you describe. Probably the most frequent is with NHL goaltenders, MLB pitchers, coaches in all sports who coach not to lose.

Says it all. Professional sports is not for everyone.

Says it all. Professional sports is not for everyone.

He did work hard, just doesn't have it, too bad, year 1 looked promising.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I really hope Bill the Coach doesn't saddle Zappe with super conservative Belichick special game plan. Zappe played well in 2 starts and he played better than he had shown and some pundits were saying that maybe he's a guy who has to settle into games. Sure, simplify the game plan, but does that mean he can't throw the ball past the LOS? The team is 2-9, Bill should've been ****canned after last year, so just let the QB play. My $0.02 anyway.

I really hope Bill the Coach doesn't saddle Zappe with super conservative Belichick special game plan. Zappe played well in 2 starts and he played better than he had shown and some pundits were saying that maybe he's a guy who has to settle into games. Sure, simplify the game plan, but does that mean he can't throw the ball past the LOS? The team is 2-9, Bill should've been ****canned after last year, so just let the QB play. My $0.02 anyway.
The one of the few times he did that last week it was picked off in similar fashion to one of the Mac picks.

I am very happy with what 24 years of “handpicked by Bill” has resulted in.
aren’t you?
Not very happy with the last 5 years of this team if you want to bask in the past it's OK but this current team sucks and it's becoming an embarrassment. That Giants game was ****ing awful to watch. BB has lost his MOJO (TB). We need a change in this organization it hasn't been this bad since early 90s.

Zappe has been quite pitiful statistically this year in his opportunities. Last year he was more than respectable with a 100 passer rating. This year, its at 38! Ratings don't show everything, but 48% completion and 2 INTs in 4 appearances doesn't give a lot to hope for.

But, I think we can all agree at this point, there's not much else to do. You kinda have to give the #2 a chance at a full game.
Although, I wish it was Malik getting the rest of the games this year - just for the raw entertainment.

Yup. Rather see MC3 than Crappy Zappe. I have seen enough of the Mac and Shrimp attacks.
We've been tortured enough all season with this team. Bill give us something to cheer. Put let Malik play

If Zappe struggles we may see Malik.
I wish. But, BB is sooooooo stubborn. He is jeopardizing his entire legacy by digging his heels into his "way".
He hasn't shown any ability to adjust. He still plays the BS mind games that he learned from Parcells, and running this team like he learned in the 90s. His ego, hubris, hardheadedness is why we've got to this position. It worked for a while, when you had a team full of unicorns that responded to it, but it hasn't worked the last 5 years.

I wish. But, BB is sooooooo stubborn. He is jeopardizing his entire legacy by digging his heels into his "way".
He hasn't shown any ability to adjust. He still plays the BS mind games that he learned from Parcells, and running this team like he learned in the 90s. His ego, hubris, hardheadedness is why we've got to this position. It worked for a while, when you had a team full of unicorns that responded to it, but it hasn't worked the last 5 years.
I totally agree and along with his poor drafting and FA signings have left us with the worst roster in the league. RK needs to wake up before the fans turn on him!

I am unhappy but optimistic that he won't ruin my last bit of optimism for the future by stealing a game. I don't think that is going to happen but if it does I will hate him and this coaching staff for the rest of my days for allowing that to happen .

Everyone loses their fastball eventually. There's a reason why coaches in their 70's haven't won anything. BB hasn't drafted well in a while now and has had trouble adapting to the new faster NFL. Trying to use spit and duct tape on offense isn't going to to work. And then focusing solely on defense early in the draft when there are gaping holes on offense is a fireable offense for anyone. BB included. It's nonfesance or malfeasance. Take your pick.
It’s a rebuild. Rebuilds take time. Most fail the first version and most look like they are going backward before they click.
I have no problem that we extended the dynasty at the expense of the next few years because this day was coming no matter what.
The guy who built it is the most proven guy to build it again.
Coaches in their 70s? Like who?

Not very happy with the last 5 years of this team if you want to bask in the past it's OK but this current team sucks and it's becoming an embarrassment. That Giants game was ****ing awful to watch. BB has lost his MOJO (TB). We need a change in this organization it hasn't been this bad since early 90s.
The last 5 years are part of the 25, and frankly a natural result of the first 20.

The last 5 years are part of the 25, and frankly a natural result of the first 20.
And if I haven't mentioned it, there were 5 seasons the Pats started 2-9 and I had season tickets for three of them. I don't recall the fans response being anywhere near as vituperative as the past couple years. It's disappointing.

And if I haven't mentioned it, there were 5 seasons the Pats started 2-9 and I had season tickets for three of them. I don't recall the fans response being anywhere near as vituperative as the past couple years. It's disappointing.
The fans back then saved that for game day in the stands resulting in the League banning the Pats from Monday Nigh Football for a decade. Now they're banning the Pats from Monday Night Football for different reasons.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back