PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Please Enlighten Me (Laurinaitis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a 4-3 Will.

Any comments about the Pats taking Kruger and using him at ILB (ala Teddy from a DE)? He has got the size and more speed than Maualuga. He has sack abilities and he is maybe as good of an athlete as Laurenaitis and smarter than Rey. He could be had in the third round (perhaps to early for #89 though). I would be fine with him in a rotation with Teddy and Guyton untill he gets his wings.
I would not be upset with Brinkley. Way under the radar. Played against to top SEC competition. Was targeted a first day pick until a knee but has now come back strong the last half of last year. He ran a 4.67 40 (same time as James Sanders as a comparison), 4.39 short shuttle, a 6.92 three-cone drill, 35 1/2 vertical and 26 reps. He looked good in coverage drills. He is faster than Rey or Little Animal. He played at 262lbs. His three cone was better than many RBs to be taken in the top two rounds this year. BB likes three cone. Check his numbers.

DW Toys

Any comments about the Pats taking Kruger and using him at ILB (ala Teddy from a DE)? He has got the size and more speed than Maualuga. He has sack abilities and he is maybe as good of an athlete as Laurenaitis and smarter than Rey. He could be had in the third round (perhaps to early for #89 though). I would be fine with him in a rotation with Teddy and Guyton untill he gets his wings.
I would not be upset with Brinkley. Way under the radar. Played against to top SEC competition. Was targeted a first day pick until a knee but has now come back strong the last half of last year. He ran a 4.67 40 (same time as James Sanders as a comparison), 4.39 short shuttle, a 6.92 three-cone drill, 35 1/2 vertical and 26 reps. He looked good in coverage drills. He is faster than Rey or Little Animal. He played at 262lbs. His three cone was better than many RBs to be taken in the top two rounds this year. BB likes three cone. Check his numbers.

DW Toys

Yep Brinkley is my binkie .. perfect for our system, and easily gettable in the 3rd

DW Toys
I watched Kruger in just the one game against Alabama. If we were talking about his partner on the other side, I'd be interested, but based on that very limited sample where he supposedly got his kickstart on the predraft hype, I'll take Angelo Craig.

EDIT: I've watched a lot more of Brinkley both before his knee injury and this year. I'll take Angelo Craig.

Last edited:
Curiously, I wanted Posluzny then and Laurinitis now. And yes, Laurinitis is a better pick because of his size.

Lauranitis IS Posluzny but with 15-20 more pounds of beef. In case you hadn't noticed Posluzny has been a regular and a rising star, at the Bill's MLB position from day one. He has started every game except when he broke his arm. That is a great comparison, and not a derision, as you thought. Belichick deemed Posluzny too small for our ILB positions, but Lauranitis is defintely not too small; and that is the difference.:)

Look at the photos. Laurinitis is a clear roider. He was a toothpick as an underclassman.

I would prefer to carry on with a Mayo + Bruschi/Guyton tandem for one more year then draft Brandon Spikes in next years draft.

And for those who insist on a TJ runstuffer for 2 down play, take Jasper brinkley in the late 3rd through 5th, in addition. You have your reserve TJ runstuffer for occasional use. JUST AS TJ WAS USED, in his later years.

Then the ILB contingent is full, Mayo, Lauranitis, Guyton and Brinkley. Four young heady guys for four positions. All bases covered with all the required skill sets.

All can tackle. Mayo and Lauranitis have instincts, more important than anything in ILB play. Lauaranitis can call signals at "mike". Lauranitis and Guyton can cover, Mayo has sideline to sideline ability. Mayo and Guyton provide lots of speed. Lauranaitis can ILB blitz. Brinkley can run stuff. What's not to like?

An intimidating ILB wrecking crew, top to bottom.

And AD goes out to OLB permanently, solving one of the two OLB problems.

Wow, a 3 page thread about Laurinaitis and no post from Ochmed?

Look at the photos. Laurinitis is a clear roider. He was a toothpick as an underclassman.

He does look a lot different but so do all players, such as Aaron Curry.

250021.jpg

14489.jpg

157434.jpg

aaron-curry.jpg

But I still don't see much difference between his body's change and Aaron Curry's. I'm sure you could do this with a lot of the linebackers. I'm not a huge Laurinaitis fan and I could definately see him being on roids but I don't think its definative based on pictures.

He cant shed blocks very well. As for the roids thing. In this scout profile, it says he cant add bulk at the next level. Iam guessing it means he cant take more roids while playing in the NFL.

James Laurinaitis Scouting Report - The War Room Report

Weaknesses: Needs to improve his functional strength...may struggle to shed blockers at the next level...will not be able to add a lot of bulk at the next level...probably a low upside player...played with several other NFL caliber players...probably a little overrated because he will struggle to make a lot of impact plays.

I would prefer to carry on with a Mayo + Bruschi/Guyton tandem for one more year then draft Brandon Spikes in next years draft.

I would go nuts with that option, but getting Spikes is a long shot at best right now. Stranger things have happened (being in range to get Maualuga was a bigger long shot 8 months ago), but it's not something to count on unless we pick up extra ammunition for 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes