Welcome to PatsFans.com

USC versus Ohio State

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by cstjohn17, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +48 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

A lot of NFL talent in this game, and a lot of potential Patriots.

Ohio State
    CB - Jenkins
    ILB - James Laurinaitis, a bit small for the Pats but very productive
    WR - Brian Robiskie - don't know much about him
    RB - Chris Wells - stud, injury concerns
    OT - Alex Boone

USC - defense is loaded
    S - Taylor Mays - my early binkie
    OLB - Brian Cushing
    ILB - Rey Maualuga - best ILB for the Pats scheme I can remember
    DE/DT - Fili Moala - looks to be a good fit at end in the 3-4

and a whole lot more, each team has about 15-20 players that are expected to get drafted in the next couple of years. I wonder what the record is for most future NFL players to play in a single college game.

Saturday at 8:00 on ABC, be there or be square, post your repots here, thanks.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  2. tjones7

tjones7 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We must have Mauluga!!!!!!! I heard (Virginia v USC game) that he dropped 15-20 lbs to get down to 250 over the offseason... If he gains some of that weight back without losing to much speed he would be perfect, IMO.

3. everlong

everlong Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +284 / 3 / -1

#12 Jersey

I met a friend of mine and I met for a couple of Guinness's last night after work and he said "What's your best case scenario for the Pats this year?"

Reply:

Pats go 12-4 with Cassel throwing up a rating some place around 88 so that the people (the media) cannot say that BB was riding Brady's coattails and in the same breath cannot say Brady is a system QB because Cassel did so good. The Pats go on to win the Super Bowl. Matt Millen is duly impressed and hires McDaniels as his coach and trades a number one pick to the Patriots for Cassel with which the Pats use to draft Rey Maualuga and have Rey and Mayo as their starting LBs for the next dozen years.

He laughed and said you have this thought out way too well and you don't dream too big do you?

Hey f' it it's my pipe dream. :D

4. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +48 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

I think the pipe effected your dream :)

Great dream, great dream indeed. I can't wait to see the USC defense, they are going destroy Ohio State.

5. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +86 / 5 / -1

#12 Jersey

Before everybody goes ape-poop for Rey-Rey, lets remember a couple of important things

#1 - Rey-Rey plays behind a 4 man line and rarely has to take on OGs or TE or C's. He is free to roam the field looking for someone to hit.

#2 - On those very very few opportunities where OSU got an OG in Rey-Rey's face, he did NOT shed, but instead got eaten up, pancaked and left on the ground looking a lot like road kill, or a drunken JETS fan, hard to tell from the camera angle.

I thought the USC OL and DL simply manhandled the OSU lines with completely and brutally.

Question to ponder, will BB's stint as a Cleveland coach affect how he projects Clay Mathews, when Mathews becomes draft eligible?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.