PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Plausible Cleveland scenario, re., Pioli/McDaniels/Crennel/Tubby Ratfink

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really see Pioli being interested in partnering with Mangini. Agree, it is incredibly odd that they'd go into the HC hiring without having a GM in place (unless you are talking about getting one of the GREAT coaches, ala BB, Cohwer, Tuna, and the like). Certainly not someone on the Ratfink's level.

Also, cannot not see the any situation that RAC would be back in any capacity. Tune is right that is surely has happened, but it's pretty rare.

agreed, and why would a potential GM want to work for Lerner, if Lerner is going to have control of staff....

Yep. Best news we've heard in a while in terms of reducing the likelihood Pioli leaves.

The advantages of keeping Crennel onboard as DC might outweigh the disadvantages. It's worked elsewhere as I've pointed out, re., Gunther Cunningham in Kansas City.

Tune - Another thing I was thinking about regarding Crennel, with Savage gone, Lehrner doesn't have to fire Crennel. He tells Crennel that it will be up to the new GM to determine Crennel's fate. And the new GM could fire Crennel, reassign Crennel until a new HC is hired or could keep Crennel.

The fact that Lehrner fired Crennel leads me to believe that Crennel won't be welcomed back by the ownership in any capacity.

Funny.

If any team is so dense as to turn around and give Mangini a HC job now, they deserve what they get. Indepedent of our dislike for him, he was overmatched in the position. Not horrible--he produced a couple of winning records. But just in over his head, at least currently.

After watching the Jets presser. I am not so sure. I am leaning toward his firing was to scapegoat Tanny's blunder of using the 6th pick on the bust known as Gholston and trading a 3rd round pick for an int machine old enough to be Gholston's dad. So blame Mangini for being unable to effective use those to blunders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye