PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Looking to Hit Brady After Whistle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing negative will happen either. Again do you really think any ref is up in arms over this?

Brady gets calls 90% of QB's don't get. He'll get all the right calls if that happens

No, no he doesn't. There's no evidence whatsoever of preferential treatment for Brady if you go by "Roughing the Passer" penalties. If you know of any other metric or analysis that demonstrates this absurd statement, or even shows that Brady gets an infinitesimal benefit, kindly point us in that direction.

So you're saying every QB is judged fairly in respect to flags etc?

Yes Andy Dalton and Brady are treated the same.

Santa isn't real either big guy.

No, what we're saying is that the refs screw up all the time, but that there's no evidence - none, zero, zip, zilch, nada, bupkus - that the better QBs get any kind of statistically significant bias in their favour. So yes, Andy Dalton and Brady are treated the same.

BTW - if you want people to think you're credible and not trolling, this is where you pull out the analysis you've cleverly saved demonstrating that there actually WAS statistical correlation between QB Quality and RTP penalties. Or not, in which case we're correct and you're just trolling

I'm stating something that is common knowledge.

You are putting words in my mouth and running with it. Forget about Bud or Miller.

Cannon has been an all pro but at some point will struggle again. Not saying this week.

People here act like bc he had success against Miller he wont struggle again.

Suggs used to struggle against Levi Brown. Brown isn't a HOF or anything special but that particular guy gave him trouble.

Literally all Im saying but the homers and wanna be's like to pile on bc most have limited football knowledge, experience and like to look cool on a mb.

You used Dupree in your first post with the video saying "this is what Cannn will have to deal with".

It was a video of Dupree so naturally it would go to show you were talking about Dupree.

Logic isn't hard to follow.

You used Dupree in your first post with the video saying "this is what Cannn will have to deal with".

It was a video of Dupree so naturally it would go to show you were talking about Dupree.

Logic isn't hard to follow.

No it's not moron.

I didn't post any video

And furthermore I wasn't even specifically talking about Bud.

Wow, how is that kind of talk allowed by their team? He's basically saying they're going to try and intentionally injure a player, even if they have to hit him illegally. Just.....wow.

I hope the Patriots go after this d-bag like a certain young safety who was exploited when he guaranteed a victory against the Patriots.

No it's not moron.

I didn't post any video

And furthermore I wasn't even specifically talking about Bud.

I'll admit my mistake. It's yours which was the first post quoting my reference to the video and Cannon facing Dupree.

You used that to try and make your point about Cannon and the next person on his docket is Dupree. Logic follows that Dupree is who you were inferring whether you want to admit it or not.

That's fine as long as they hit brady on all 3rd and longs. We will have a great 3rd down percentage

Not really. Again thats you and others putting words in my mouth.

What Im saying is extremely simple.

People act like bc he had success against the "best", Miller etc . That he won't ever have trouble again.

Thats casual fan thinking.

Again Levi Brown wasn't the standard for OT but he gave a HOF in Suggs a lot of trouble, per Suggs.

Every game, match up is its own little battle. Certain guys give certain guys trouble.

Literally all Im saying.

I'll admit my mistake. It's yours which was the first post quoting my reference to the video and Cannon facing Dupree.

You used that to try and make your point about Cannon and the next person on his docket is Dupree. Logic follows that Dupree is who you were inferring whether you want to admit it or not.

No, no he doesn't. There's no evidence whatsoever of preferential treatment for Brady if you go by "Roughing the Passer" penalties. If you know of any other metric or analysis that demonstrates this absurd statement, or even shows that Brady gets an infinitesimal benefit, kindly point us in that direction.

It's calles the eye test. If you think Brady and Matt Moore are treated the samein terms of calls great.

And I gave several examples you wanna be cool kids ignore.

Brissett tooks hits that would have been a flag for Tom. I've seen R.T. take many hits that would have resulted in a flag for Tom

Brady is one of rhe toughest QB's Ive ever seen. Too say he doesn't get calls is naive and foolish.

What's next MJ didn't get calls?

It's calles the eye test. If you think Brady and Matt Moore are treated the samein terms of calls great.

And I gave several examples you wanna be cool kids ignore.

Brissett tooks hits that would have been a flag for Tom. I've seen R.T. take many hits that would have resulted in a flag for Tom

Brady is one of rhe toughest QB's Ive ever seen. Too say he doesn't get calls is naive and foolish.

What's next MJ didn't get calls?

You are still not getting it. Your "eye test" would inevitably show up in some kind of way in the data or else it's just plain "bad eyesight". You don't think there's a million people out there who have an interest in "proving" that Brady gets preferential treatment? Then why aren't there any credible analyses that show this?

The ones I googled seemed to show Jay Cutler getting the most calls (?!?!) and a laundry list of mediocrity following him. This seems to indicate a negative correlation between QB skill/rep and RTP calls.

Nothing negative will happen either. Again do you really think any ref is up in arms over this?

Brady gets calls 90% of QB's don't get. He'll get all the right calls if that happens
If you're referring to only getting called for more ******** intentional grounding calls then you would be correct.

Last edited:

Nope. Someone please provide the study that shows the opposite is true. not only is Brady at the bottom of the list of QBs who get roughing penalties, but he is also at the bottom in terms of penalties for QBs who get hit after the throw, and roughing calls per attempt. When I saw this study, only Peyton Manning and a couple other QBs were lower.

Someone just posted the 2015 study. But this has been going on for awhile with the idea that Brady gets all the calls. And the opposite is true. Here's a study from 2011: The Case For or Against Michael Vick Not Getting Calls Has Not Been Made

Even better: have a look at this: An Independent Study of Mike Vick and Penalties

We're using stats to refute you.

Most NFL fans call it the Brady rule to refer to a defender deliberately targeting a QB below the knees. But they don't even realize the rule is actually because of Carson Palmer in 2006, when a Steelers defender dove at his knees in the playoffs. Brady was injured in 2008, 2 full years later. The rule was instituted in 2007. So when you refuse to acknowledge the stats, and instead try to get us to acknowledge received wisdom among NFL fans, then of course we're going to think you're out of your mind. Most fans think it's the Brady rule. Most fans are complete knuckleheads about Deflategate, and Spygate too for that matter. Most fans hate the Patriots so any perception they have is colored. I mean, look at the stats. Brady received 2 roughing calls this entire year.

Isn't the definition of cheating to "intentionally break the rules in order to gain an unfair advantage."???

Everywhere but the NFL could a player declare they are going to cheat before the contest and have no consequences. Unless he, you know, has his video camera too close while it is happening.

Key matchup: Steelers OLB Bud Dupree vs. Patriots QB Tom Brady

Defensive end Stephon Tuitt said it’s not necessarily how many times they sack Brady, but how many times they can hit him and knock him to the ground. The Texans hit Brady eight times, including getting a 15-yard penalty against Clowney for a late hit. Which, Tuitt said, is fine, too.

“They were taking Tom Brady down, they were hitting Tom Brady, even if it was after the play,” Tuitt said. “In a game like that, you want to get to him, you want to make him rattled, you want to make him upset. Sometimes you just got to sacrifice, even if it’s after the play, you got to get this guy like, hey, we’re out here for you, we’re coming after you.”

Yeah, the refs can't read, Stephon.:)

Isn't the definition of cheating to "intentionally break the rules in order to gain an unfair advantage."???

I don't think so. If it gives the rule-breaker an advantage, though, most sports then adjust the penalty to the advantage. In soccer, for instance, if you use deliberately use your hand to prevent a goal (ex. for goalies) it is not only a penalty kick, but you are given a red card and you're thrown out of the game. That is a huge advantage for the other team. Unless of course it is in the final minutes of a game. At that point, there is no remedy for someone deliberately breaking the rules.

In basketball, if you grab someone from behind on a breakaway with no attempt at the ball, the opposing team not only gets free throws, but they also get the ball. This should be enough to prevent players from doing that.

Someone just posted the 2015 study. But this has been going on for awhile with the idea that Brady gets all the calls. And the opposite is true. Here's a study from 2011: The Case For or Against Michael Vick Not Getting Calls Has Not Been Made

Even better: have a look at this: An Independent Study of Mike Vick and Penalties

We're using stats to refute you.

Most NFL fans call it the Brady rule to refer to a defender deliberately targeting a QB below the knees. But they don't even realize the rule is actually because of Carson Palmer in 2006, when a Steelers defender dove at his knees in the playoffs. Brady was injured in 2008, 2 full years later. The rule was instituted in 2007. So when you refuse to acknowledge the stats, and instead try to get us to acknowledge received wisdom among NFL fans, then of course we're going to think you're out of your mind. Most fans think it's the Brady rule. Most fans are complete knuckleheads about Deflategate, and Spygate too for that matter. Most fans hate the Patriots so any perception they have is colored. I mean, look at the stats. Brady received 2 roughing calls this entire year.

I'm not saying saying Brady get "more" calls.

I'm simply saying he'll get a call others won't. Again MJ is a great example. All time greatest player but along with others got some calls his way.

Manning was almost never hit. Esp big hits. But there were many times he got a call when a defender barely touched him.

There's no data on this but again it's common knowledge. Star players getting a call a lesser player won't? Shocking?

Way to many sit around waiting for something they don't like ready to hit the dislike button and bring 0 else.

Love watching a poster belcown himself

Is this like the time the Steelers said they had a plan for Gronk?

They were going to jam him and get their hands on him every play. Then left him uncovered in the red zone for an easy touchdown.

One day Tomlin should teach his team that games are won on the field, not in the newspaper or social media sites.

I'm not saying saying Brady get "more" calls.

I'm simply saying he'll get a call others won't. Again MJ is a great example. All time greatest player but along with others got some calls his way.

Manning was almost never hit. Esp big hits. But there were many times he got a call when a defender barely touched him.

There's no data on this but again it's common knowledge. Star players getting a call a lesser player won't? Shocking?

Way to many sit around waiting for something they don't like ready to hit the dislike button and bring 0 else.

You have to take a look at yourself as a fan who doesn't like the Patriots. It weighs heavily on what you are willing to believe. Because for years we've been hearing about how the NFL made special rules to protect Brady, people even call it the Brady rule, and that feeds into people's perceptions that Brady is protected, that he's a wuss, coddled. Just because the best QB in football is somewhat effeminate doesn't mean he is protected at all. In other words, don't believe the hype. Look at the stats instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back