PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PITT relying on NE and CIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know i'm an old f*rt, but i thought everybody had experienced at least one fluffernutter in their lifetime.

Then again, perhaps i may not want to know what the meaning of the current slang expression of 'fluffernutter' is.:eek:

fluffernutter

wtf is this

lololololololololollololololololololollololololololololol

fluffernutter

wtf is this

lololololololololollololololololololollololololololololol
A fluffernutter is the perk that the fans of a team that has already clinched a playoff spot get to talk about, while fans of other teams have to worry about any one of the 256 possible combinations of outcomes of meaningful games that will be played in 48 hours.

A fluffernutter is the perk that the fans of a team that has already clinched a playoff spot get to talk about, while fans of other teams have to worry about any one of the 256 possible combinations of outcomes of meaningful games that will be played in 48 hours.

Oh, I disagree. Nothing like a good fluffernutter to cure the pain of the agony of a season in ruins. Well, that and a tall glass of gin on the rocks. :D

Hahaha....nice commercial! Wow....they sure were rather lame back in the day, weren't they?!

I would like to pass on my perks then

Pretty cool. I like how they didn't make attempts to really "modernize" their product or their website. Fluff just screams "old school", so I like that they're holding it down that way.

I have a confession though....First, I had no idea they still sold it. I don't recall seeing it in the grocery stores around here. Also, growing up, I always kinda thought it was something mostly poor people ate, since I grew up in a family of modest means. You know...kinda like Raman Noodles, government cheese, that kinda thing. Who knew it was so popular?!

Oh God "government cheese" has made an appearance! I have been coming to the different incarnations of this board for a decade now and I have to say that must be the first "government cheese" reference hahaha. While we are on "poor people food" you can't forget Spam and boxed Mac n' Cheese.. and before anyone gets snippy I grew up on all the above mentioned items - and still love me some Ramen! Umm tie this back to football.. ummm .. ummm... the Bengals are the Spam of the NFL.. not quite as good as the Hams of the NFL but every 15 years or so they have a surge to become relevant for a while.. then fade again into the background.... there perfect haha

Oh God "government cheese" has made an appearance!

I beg to differ. Now it has. Mmmm, velveeta.

velveeta.jpg

SAT time ---

Spam is to Ham what Velveeta is to ___________.

a.) Fluff
b.) Bologna
c.) Cheese
d.) Mark Sanchez

Hahaha....nice commercial! Wow....they sure were rather lame back in the day, weren't they?!

Just as "lame" as today's commercials will look to a 20-something 20 years from now...

New here.......any season tix holders received thier playoff tix yet ?

Back to the topic (though I'm definitely gonna see if I can still get some Fluff and introduce my kids to a Fluffernutter--not that I'm doing them any favors nutritionally by doing so)...

If the Bengals don't play to win, I don't see that they are so strong and seasoned a team that they'll be able to turn it off and on in less than seven days against a tough Jets D and Running Game. In other words, if they mail it in this Sunday, I believe that they significantly raise the risk of losing next Sunday as well. I think their coaches are smart enough to figure that out.

This Pats team will play to win as well. The 2003 or 2004 teams wouldn't have had to. This team has been inconsistent all season (three wins followed by a thud in Denver and then losing three out of four including two in a row for the first time in forever) but has now played three consecutive good halves of football after winning ugly against the Panthers. They haven't beaten a team with a winning record on the road all season. I think the starters will stay in as long as it takes to beat a strong team with Playoff aspirations on the road.

SAT time ---

Spam is to Ham what Velveeta is to ___________.

a.) Fluff
b.) Bologna
c.) Cheese
d.) Mark Sanchez

Taco Bell....

Pitt fans are putting the cart before the horse on this playoff race. Need to worry about Miami first. Pitt scares no one! I would love to play them first. Easy warm up.

Last edited:

i go back so far with fluff, that commercial seemed modern. "add marshmellow fluff and have a fluffernutter".

Pitt fans are putting the cart before the horse on this playoff race. Need to worry about Miami first. Pitt scares no one! I would love to play them first. Easy warm up.

You're right...to an extent. Obviously, the most important part of the equation is beating Miami this week. Without that W, none of the rest matters.

However, if "Pitt scares no one", you might wanna have a look through the many threads here that indicate otherwise. You're right that they certainly haven't looked like a Super Bowl caliber team this season, but to think they'd be an "easy warm up" is probably one of the dumbest things I've seen posted here. Make no mistake, if the Steelers make it to the postseason, they'll be a dangerous football team, and one that any team would be crazy to overlook. Luckily for your Pats, the organization isn't run by brilliant football minds like you. NO TEAM in the playoffs would think the Steelers are gonna be a pushover.

Could the Steelers beat the Pats in Gillette if they meet in the first round? I have some doubts, but I think it's also very possible. The Pats haven't been blowing the doors off anyone either this season and have shown their fair share of inconsistency. Unless Polamalu is healthy, I'd definitely give NE the edge, but anything is possible. There's no denying that these Steelers have a knack of coming up big in the clutch, and any given sunday.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back