PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PITT relying on NE and CIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for the record....government cheese was some of the best cheese I've ever eaten. I was pretty young when my folks used to get it, but I remember thinking it was awesome!

And for the record....government cheese was some of the best cheese I've ever eaten. I was pretty young when my folks used to get it, but I remember thinking it was awesome!

My room mate used to get it by the 5 pound block in the early 80s. It was great to have in the fridge and lasted as long as the deficit. Maybe we should lobby for government Fluff.

You're right...to an extent. Obviously, the most important part of the equation is beating Miami this week. Without that W, none of the rest matters.

However, if "Pitt scares no one", you might wanna have a look through the many threads here that indicate otherwise. You're right that they certainly haven't looked like a Super Bowl caliber team this season, but to think they'd be an "easy warm up" is probably one of the dumbest things I've seen posted here. Make no mistake, if the Steelers make it to the postseason, they'll be a dangerous football team, and one that any team would be crazy to overlook. Luckily for your Pats, the organization isn't run by brilliant football minds like you. NO TEAM in the playoffs would think the Steelers are gonna be a pushover.

Could the Steelers beat the Pats in Gillette if they meet in the first round? I have some doubts, but I think it's also very possible. The Pats haven't been blowing the doors off anyone either this season and have shown their fair share of inconsistency. Unless Polamalu is healthy, I'd definitely give NE the edge, but anything is possible. There's no denying that these Steelers have a knack of coming up big in the clutch, and any given sunday.....

My only question is why do so many Steeler players and coaches for that matter do the trash talking thing ??? It backfires every time and makes your team look classless and should they meet in Foxboro you know that undisciplined team will start flapping their jaws again..

Whoever that D-bag was that made the shirts....he's one bad seed. I know this MIGHT sound shocking, but I bet there are a few more ***clowns like him out there too. And hold on...this is the part where it gets CRAZY....I bet somewhere out there, there's a big fat D-bag Patriots fan out there too. You know what....I bet there's even MORE than one!

My point is EVERY fanbase is gonna have a few idiots. Blaming the ENTIRE fan base because of it is just lame.

As for the second part of your post? I agree.

This might not have been bad as the shirts that Steeler fan sold but in the mid 80s there were controversial shirts sold that looked like this....

Picture+68.png

You're right...to an extent. Obviously, the most important part of the equation is beating Miami this week. Without that W, none of the rest matters.

However, if "Pitt scares no one", you might wanna have a look through the many threads here that indicate otherwise. You're right that they certainly haven't looked like a Super Bowl caliber team this season, but to think they'd be an "easy warm up" is probably one of the dumbest things I've seen posted here. Make no mistake, if the Steelers make it to the postseason, thZey'll be a dangerous football team, and one that any team would be crazy to overlook. Luckily for your Pats, the organization isn't run by brilliant football minds like you. NO TEAM in the playoffs would think the Steelers are gonna be a pushover.

Could the Steelers beat the Pats in Gillette if they meet in the first round? I have some doubts, but I think it's also very possible. The Pats haven't been blowing the doors off anyone either this season and have shown their fair share of inconsistency. Unless Polamalu is healthy, I'd definitely give NE the edge, but anything is possible. There's no denying that these Steelers have a knack of coming up big in the clutch, and any given sunday.....

we haven't blown the doors off many teams but at least we didn't loose to some crappy teams either. My brilliant mind doesn't have to remind me that Pats success against the Steelers in the post season favorable, whether it be in Heinz field or foxboro. Luck is seeming to run out on the steelers this year.

However, if "Pitt scares no one", you might wanna have a look through the many threads here that indicate otherwise. You're right that they certainly haven't looked like a Super Bowl caliber team this season, but to think they'd be an "easy warm up" is probably one of the dumbest things I've seen posted here. Make no mistake, if the Steelers make it to the postseason, they'll be a dangerous football team, and one that any team would be crazy to overlook. Luckily for your Pats, the organization isn't run by brilliant football minds like you. NO TEAM in the playoffs would think the Steelers are gonna be a pushover.

I don't want Pittsburgh in, but not because I'm scared of them. Well, hold on, let me qualify that, I am scared of how dirty they are and that one of their players will try to one up their old buddy Kimo Von Oelhoffen and take Brady out because that's the only way they'd beat us, but really I don't want them in because they're a horrible organization, team, and fan base and the league would be much better off in my opinion if they moved to Sana'a, Yemen and played in some league there.

That better?

I hope the Steelers DO make the playoffs, and I hope they DO come to Foxboro to face your Pats. I hope your Pats DO think they're an easy win and take them lightly. But, unfortunately that probably won't happen. Good chance the Steelers don't make it in this year (THEIR fault, no on elses). And even if they DO make it in, luckily for the majority of Pats fans who aren't just Steeler-hating blow-hards, BB and the staff would NEVER take them lightly.

Obviously you're not a Steelers fan. Not many other teams' fans are....it's easy to hate successful organizations (probably why most other NFL fan bases also hate the Pats so much). But saying a defending SB champ would be a "warm up" game in the playoffs is absolutely ridiculous. But whatever....continue on with your blind Steeler-hating chest thumping if it makes you feel better.

I hate the steelers for other reasons, not their success. I'm sure if the steelers get in, no team will take them lightly. That goes for the other 8-7 teams out there. If you think your steelers are the same team as last year, then you probably still believe in Santa Claus.

I hope the Steelers DO make the playoffs, and I hope they DO come to Foxboro to face your Pats. I hope your Pats DO think they're an easy win and take them lightly. But, unfortunately that probably won't happen. Good chance the Steelers don't make it in this year (THEIR fault, no on elses). And even if they DO make it in, luckily for the majority of Pats fans who aren't just Steeler-hating blow-hards, BB and the staff would NEVER take them lightly.

Obviously you're not a Steelers fan. Not many other teams' fans are....it's easy to hate successful organizations (probably why most other NFL fan bases also hate the Pats so much). But saying a defending SB champ would be a "warm up" game in the playoffs is absolutely ridiculous. But whatever....continue on with your blind Steeler-hating chest thumping if it makes you feel better.
Hmm? Oh crap I'm sorry miss, I didn't hear you. I was mesmerized by these three images for some reason.

Chiefs.gif
:singing:

Browns.gif

Raiders.gif

I hate the steelers for other reasons, not their success. I'm sure if the steelers get in, no team will take them lightly. That goes for the other 8-7 teams out there. If you think your steelers are the same team as last year, then you probably still believe in Santa Claus.

No, I definitely don't think this is the same Steelers team as last year, but I still think if they make it into the postseason, they have as good a chance as anyone else to take home the Lomabardi. I honestly think it's wide open this year, as I don't see any team as being an unbeatable powerhouse.

For the record, I have no problem at all with any of you hating the Steelers. I mean, this is afterall a Pats forum. Trust when I say that your Pats certainly aren't winning any popularity contests over at the Steelers boards (or probably any other team's sites). It goes with the territory. I expect to get some smack-talk when I visit here. It's part of the fun. But to say that ANY playoff team is going to be an easy warm-up game is just blind arrogance and borders on stupidity. No team in the postseason should be taken lightly, and definitely not the defending champs (whether they're the "same team as last year" or not).

What's a Lomabardi trophy?

Besides, you guys don't want in anyway now that we're in, if you'll recall the only 2 times you managed to win a championship (although the refs won XL for you) we weren't there to knock you out.

What's a Lomabardi trophy?

Besides, you guys don't want in anyway now that we're in, if you'll recall the only 2 times you managed to win a championship (although the refs won XL for you) we weren't there to knock you out.

Kinda like a Lombardi, but with an extra a. Yes, a typo...congrats for finding it! Although, I wouldn't expect you to recognize it, even if I typed it correctly. Afterall, it's been a few years since you've seen one. :D

As far as not wanting to get into the playoffs because of the big, bad Pats....ummm, yea, I could care less who we'd face. I just want the Steelers IN! Not looking that promising right now though. If we did face you guys, I have serious doubt we could beat you. Brady and your WRs would probably have a field day picking on our secondary. But hey, ya never know. Like I said, it's not like tha Pats have been uber-impressive this season either. Having Polamalu back certainly wouldn't hurt our cause either. It would be a fun game to watch for sure.

But to say that ANY playoff team is going to be an easy warm-up game is just blind arrogance and borders on stupidity. No team in the postseason should be taken lightly.
Very well said. Most games come down to no more than three or four plays being the difference between a win and a loss. The difference between going 9-7 and 11-5 is miniscule. No game is a gimme, and no team can be overlooked - especially any team that is good enough to make it into the playoffs.

Very well said. Most games come down to no more than three or four plays being the difference between a win and a loss. The difference between going 9-7 and 11-5 is miniscule. No game is a gimme, and no team can be overlooked - especially any team that is good enough to make it into the playoffs.

Thanks...see, HE (or SHE as the case may be??) gets it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey