PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pictorial anatomy of a Maroney carry

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what? Take away last week and review Morris' numbers. Looking at Jordan, he only had one good game before going on the shelf. This running game was in shambles prior to last week, and it wasn't just Maroney feeling the effects. Here's the numbers, from an earlier thread:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/167079-bb-matt-our-quarterback.html#post1109153

Why would you take away what Morris did last week? To make your horrible argument? "well if you take away x and z Morris really isn't that much better" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Why would you take away what Morris did last week? To make your horrible argument? "well if you take away x and z Morris really isn't that much better" :rolleyes:

These are the same people who buy the "if you take away their longest runs" X is just an average guy argument. Just forget about it. The Maroney Defenders Club is firmly entrenched in their position.

These are the same people who buy the "if you take away their longest runs" X is just an average guy argument. Just forget about it. The Maroney Defenders Club is firmly entrenched in their position.

I don't get it. " If you take away x-y-z, 4 starts last year, and the td today, that guy is about the same as the player in question" :rolleyes: The people who defend maroney at this point are the worst of the homers.....he's just not that good. It's ok, everyone makes mistakes, and the pats are no different. They did a great job with Mayo, Crable and Guyton.

Last edited:
Why bring thes up now? The guy is on IR so he not a factor for the rest of the year.:eek:

I will also bring up the he played very well toward the end of last season and the "Maroney is a bust" and "Maroney is made of glass" posters had to eat some serious crow.

Sorry to be such a homer as to state facts.

Why not? If the poster in question had brought up how good Welker was in a series of plays, I doubt you would ask that question.

You ask because you don't like it when posters say anything negative about the pats.

You know, there is an old saying that if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. And the problem here is kneejerk assessments pro and con.

You know, there is an old saying that if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. And the problem here is kneejerk assessments pro and con.

How do you figure? There is no solution to the problem. This guy posts a respectful thread, showing an EXAMPLE of Maroney and his poor vision, and people are upset about it. What was posted was not a knee-jerk reaction.

Since Maroney came in to the NFL this is what we have seen:

Major injury issues
Lack of vision and productive running ( aside from a few flashes)
Dancing
Poor blocking
Coaches calling Maroney out in the media

Maroney is ob a bust, and I don't see the issue with people talking about it. Has Maroney ever broken a long run for a td? Maroney came to NE with a ton of HYPE, and he has done nothing. Even the homers on the big show called him a bust today after the game when he was brought up by a caller. Thats when you know a guy is in the doghouse. It's knee-jerk to call Maroney a major disappointment at this point? Please stop.

Last edited:
What the photos don't show is if there is a LB of safety coming in to fill the hole. The photos do not convince me either way.

There was no LB or safety anywhere near the hole.

And as I said in other post, why bring this up now when the guy is on IR? :confused:

I would have liked to post this 2 weeks ago, but couldn't. The fact that he is on IR is irrelevant.

Edit: I'm not trying to make excuses for him.

But you'll do so anyways? ;)

I wish Maroney was a stud not a dud. Nothing personal against him and nothing against BB/Pioli for drafting him. Its just not working out. As you say, not every 1st round pick makes it in the NFL, but its important to be able to objectively assess when players aren't getting the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case