PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Settlement Talks Have Taken Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Settlement" better mean full exoneration. I'll be extremely disappointed if Brady "settles" for 1-2 games.

Apparently "settlement" in this case means he's willing to accept a token fine but no more.

C'mon, link? Attribution?
Sorry, I'm at work and couldn't do the research. It came up on my notifications on my phone, I think it was being reported by ESPN but not sure who exactly.

It actually could be another step in the game being played... NFLPA threatens to go to court, NFL says that they want to keep the 4 games and no timetable, so the NFLPA could have simply now "offered" to accept a $50k fine for noncooperation paired with a total exoneration. The NFL won't accept that of course, so the NFLPA then says "we were met with silence", giving the appearance that they attempted to negotiate and were not even answered.

Very true
Mike Golic said the fact that the NFLPA made a settlement offer infers guilt on Brady's part. These people are so simple minded. It could never occur to them that a fine for not turning over his phone records at this point is better for everyone concerned. A year long distraction would suck for Brady, the team and the NFL*....but since the NFL* met them with silence I hope he takes them to court more than ever now. F them.
Yep that's the next narrative. Irritating but predictable. :rolleyes:

Brady's team should officially request, as part of any settlement, that the league improve ball-handling procedures and regularly test all balls for every game and have a specific procedure for recording the measurements before, during and after the game.

Tying that request to the settlement on Brady's behalf would be egg on the league's face, imo.

The NFL has so little integrity that it will uphold penalties it doesn't believe can survive court challenges, and must know are not supported by the evidence, rather than doing the right thing?

claude-raines-is-shocked-o.gif
In Goodell's case, it's called saving one's ass.

Nice 180 Rob.......Are you now saying, despite being "tight" JJ will still stick it to Kaving Krafty? Why should a game 4 matchup alter your original ""JJ would not lobby against Bob Kraft's interests".....since they're so tight. LMFAO

I meant originally he wouldn't lobby against Kraft for when whether Brady was suspended or not meant nothing for him. He has a reason for Brady to be out for the fourth game that I didn't realize at the time of my post. I didn't think I needed to clarify that if Jerry benefitted from Brady being out that he would turn on Bob or any other owner since I didn't think that was a factor in my opinion.

I didn't do an 180 I assumed he had no dog in the fight and he wouldn't go against his friend in that scenario. Jerry Jones would sell out his mother if he benefitted himself. In fact, I specifically said Jerrah wouldn't speak out against Goodell unless he was on the wrong end of Goodell's decision.

Sorry, that I can admit I was wrong about something and revise my position when faced with the evidence. I didn't do an 180 though.

I doubt bery much that Irsay is an infuential owner at this point.

He may not be an influential owner at this point, but he IS probably under the influence.

In Goodell's case, it's called saving one's ass.

Unbiased investigation
Objective decision on results of investigation

Neither of the above has taken place. That's why even the NFL attorneys have reportedly worried that this case will get overturned in federal court, despite the manner in which those courts try to avoid getting involved in arbitration situations. Goodell could still save his ass as any time, simply by doing what's right, and blaming the situation on the NFL's history of not worrying about the ball. This has always been a non-issue deliberately rigged to come off as a huge problem. Simply by acknowledging that without actually saying it, Goodell can set things right, and get himself off the hook at the same time.

But Rodger is a Crusader and a true believer, and that's been the problem ever since he took office.

I meant originally he wouldn't lobby against Kraft for when whether Brady was suspended or not meant nothing for him. He has a reason for Brady to be out for the fourth game that I didn't realize at the time of my post. I didn't think I needed to clarify that if Jerry benefitted from Brady being out that he would turn on Bob or any other owner since I didn't think that was a factor in my opinion.

I didn't do an 180 I assumed he had no dog in the fight and he wouldn't go against his friend in that scenario. Jerry Jones would sell out his mother if he benefitted himself. In fact, I specifically said Jerrah wouldn't speak out against Goodell unless he was on the wrong end of Goodell's decision.

Sorry, that I can admit I was wrong about something and revise my position when faced with the evidence. I didn't do an 180 though.
Sure you did. You made blanket statements and now you are trying to save face with asterisks next to your retraction. Politics are in your future. " I voted "yes" to support our troops but I never wanted to invade Iraq." LMAO

Folks, go read the Bruce Allen article. Bruce is The Man!

"I hope people can see just what a criminal organization the NFL is."

"Why has there not been a big-media investigative report into the activities of the NFL? We know ESPN, NBC, CBS or FOX isn’t going to do it. So, where you at, New York Times? Wall Street Journal? The Boston Globe could sell the most papers it has sold in years if they did something along those lines, but they have another agenda."

Saw a lot of headlines today saying the NFL TURNED DOWN the NFLPA's offer for a settlement on Brady's case. I guess this is going to court. NFL must think they have a strong case, and aren't budging on the 4 games (or maybe NFLPA's offer was 0 games and they balked). They will get crushed in court.

Folks, go read the Bruce Allen article. Bruce is The Man!

"I hope people can see just what a criminal organization the NFL is."

"Why has there not been a big-media investigative report into the activities of the NFL? We know ESPN, NBC, CBS or FOX isn’t going to do it. So, where you at, New York Times? Wall Street Journal? The Boston Globe could sell the most papers it has sold in years if they did something along those lines, but they have another agenda."

Curran's article, linked to and cited by Allen, is must-read, too, as it puts the Kraft issue out there for the casual readers:

It’s really an adversarial position Kraft put himself in with his quarterback and his head coach. Kraft doing what was good for the league aligned him automatically with the NFL in its looming fight against the NFLPA. And if Kraft advocates taking a deal, not having Brady hurts Bill Belichick’s on-field product. Never mind that Belichick must look at Goodell then look at Kraft and say, “So this is how your friends and their employees treat you? And you’re good with that?”...

...Sorry, Bob. It’s 31 on 1. And, since you capitulated, it’s the whole league aligned against your quarterback.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/roger-goodell-has-no-path-out-of-deflategate

Coming from somewhere besides this board, maybe that will help some of the people who are still foolishly defending Kraft finally get the point.

Can someone help me out here?

I'm a bit fuzzy on my escatology, but did Christ embrace Judas after he, uh, well, you know?

Sure you did. You made blanket statements and now you are trying to save face with asterisks next to your retraction. Politics are in your future. " I voted "yes" to support our troops but I never wanted to invade Iraq." LMAO

Whatever! I not going to go back and forth on this stupidity. Believe whatever you want. I am not going to waste anyone's time anymore with BS posts going back and forth.

But just for the record, here is my original quote again:

"Jerry Jones and Bob Kraft are tight. I doubt he would be lobbying against Kraft's interests."

Believe what you want.

Last edited:
BTW, Goodell's response to anyone trying to influence him should be "I cannot speak to anyone about an impending appeal".

It's pathetic how desperate some teams are to dethrone us. Even more pathetic that they cannot do it on the field and they have to resort to this.
That's what this has been about from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3