PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Moss trying to get out of Oakland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
patsacolachick said:
Call me crazy, but I love Randy Moss. I see him kind of like Corey Dillon of a few years ago, so tired of losing he will gladly keep himself in check and work hard just to have a chance to win. I hate to think of him languishing away in Oakland, he will never have a chance to do anything special with that team. Okay so it'll never happen here, but it's nice to dream.

I was thinking that same thing...

everyone is acting as if Daunte Culpepper is going to lead the Dolphins to the superbowl...think about how he played before he was injured last year...'nuff said. if they got Moss, it might be diff.

Last edited:
THEARCHIVES said:
And wouldn't you want to leave Oakland too? Who the hell wants to live there?

I'm neutral on Moss, but this has to be the oddest apologia for him yet. Yeah, who the hell would want to live in the SF East Bay, with its beautiful weather, great food, huge sposonship opportunities, etc. when you could live in Minneapolis or Baltimore?

Brady and Moss together = another Superbowl.Can you''ll imagine some of the things Brady can do with a WR that has the skills of Moss or TO?

Call me a homer, but I believe Chad Jackson will be an elite reciever. He just needs to work up on route running, and he'll be there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose I should preface this by saying that I also think Chad will be a very very good one, perhaps the best the Pats have had since ... well ... at least the best since Kraft took over (again just for emphasis this is only my opinion and hope), and as such I dont really want Moss here to stunt Chads growth (toss them in the fire and let them develop).

That being said, I think Moss seems to have matured somehow in the last year. I dont know how or why but he seems to have come a long way from his problems out of highschool and his expression of dislike for WV and Marshall (even though we took him when no one else would). Look at last year. With the way Oakland played, does anyone really think that TO would have gone that whole year without causing some problem due to all the losing? Yet Moss didnt say anything at all. No calls for more balls to go his way, no calls for a new QB, nothing. He just went out and, surprisingly, played. It just seems that, perhaps because of all the other stuff, he has actually grown up.

As I said before, I like Chad and the potential he brings and dont really want Moss here (on the Pats), but if he did end up here I think he may be matured enough to fit in the way Dillon has and would be a great addition for Brady and the offense.

I hate to go out on a limb for Moss, but I just can't compare him to T.O. He is not distruptive at all, and as far as taking plays off, that is an individual lack of effort, while T.O. would take down a whole franchise just for the hell out it.

If Bioli decided to look into Moss, I wouldn't be upset at all. With T.O., you are talking about playing with dynamite.

Moss is a Headcase..he doesn't want anything to do with a Saban team unless he's ready to work...Hard.

I don't want "me" players, I want "we" players! I'm pretty sure I recall him criticizing his coach on a national radio show last year. (albeit with the help of the interviewer) Norv Turner may not be a good coach, but I don't want a player who would criticize outwardly like that. I don't care how good a receiver he is.

Funny to go back and read this now..............I like those that posted Brady & Moss = Superbowl.

Funny to go back and read this now..............I like those that posted Brady & Moss = Superbowl.

Time hanging heavy on your hands in the off-season? ;)

Who knows the answer (see sig.) but won't it be fun finding out!

Almost a year ago to the day.

Wow.

Not to mention all those who though Chad "Hammy" Jackson was going to light it up in the NFL.

Moss is a Headcase..he doesn't want anything to do with a Saban team unless he's ready to work...Hard.

Definitely the biggest laugh I'll have all day....

I still stand by my original position. BB ill never bring Moss on board. The guy is lazy and he just doesn't care enough about winning. Not only that, but he his off-field incidents speak for themselves. Hell, just the other day......

What?

Really?

No, seriously? The Patriots traded for him?

YES! :rocker:

Good bump. Look at the behavior of many of the most recognizable names on this forum at the mere mention of Moss to the Pats. And now it's happened. I wish this would convince people to try to be less demeaning even if they disagree with someone else's idea, but somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

Good bump. Look at the behavior of many of the most recognizable names on this forum at the mere mention of Moss to the Pats. And now it's happened. I wish this would convince people to try to be less demeaning even if they disagree with someone else's idea, but somehow I don't think that's going to happen.

SBAJ, it's never going to happen. There are a lot of sensitive people who are ready and eager to attack someone if something rubs them the wrong way, especially across a message board where anonymity is the great protector.

On a side note, this was a pretty interesting read now that this trade has gone through and there is absolutely NOTHING else to talk about.

Last edited:

Excuse me, but I have a request:

Please give an example of any poster in the original thread that demeaned another poster for the Moss idea.

I wasn't even a participant in the thread, but I must say, having just read through it now, I have no idea what you are claiming.

Can you give us an example?

SBAJ, it's never going to happen. There are a lot of sensitive people who are ready and eager to attack someone if something rubs them the wrong way, especially across a message board where anonymity is the great protector.

On a side note, this was a pretty interesting read now that this trade has gone through and there is absolutely NOTHING else to talk about.

You, also.

Please give us one example in this thread where one poster personally attacks another poster regarding the Moss idea.

Look folks, I'm the first to get annoyed at petty meanness on this board, but there also has popped up a cottage industry of some folks who want to complain over imaginary attacks.

Please give us an example in this thread where that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back