Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 11:11 a.m. EDT, July 9, 2006
RANDY, RAIDERS DESTINED FOR DIVORCE

As various media reports highlight recent radio remarks from Raiders receiver Randy Moss regarding his desire in early 2005 to be traded to the Falcons or the Ravens, the obvious connotation (which heretofore has been overlooked) is that Oakland wasn't his first choice.

"I want to tell every Atlanta Falcon and football fan that's listening to this what happened. When I was getting traded from Minnesota I wanted to come and play for either the Atlanta Falcons or the Baltimore Ravens," Moss told 790 The Zone in Atlanta.

"I wanted to play with Atlanta just for the fact of Michael Vick's elusiveness, and I wanted to play with a guy such as Ray Lewis because he's on defense and I'm on offense. So I did have dreams and high hopes of being traded to the Atlanta Falcons but the president and owner of the Atlanta Falcons [Arthur Blank] told me specifically that he does not want me in Atlanta, there's nothing that I can do to Atlanta and he wished me the best of luck. He did not think that Randy Moss would be a good fit in Atlanta."

And we believe that Randy's decision to speak publicly about his private desires from more than 16 months ago is part of a broader plan to get out of Oakland, as soon as possible.

But if Moss really is in the process of orchestrating a path out of the Bay Area, he needs to be careful. Oakland owner Al Davis won't put up with that kind of stuff, and if Randy pushes too hard Davis gladly will carry an eight-figure cap number for the right to force Randy to watch the games from the sidelines.

Meanwhile, Blank's refusal to embrace Moss or Terrell Owens likely will be interpreted as an intolerance for turdish wideouts. We're more inclined to consider the Falcons' stance from the perspective of their overrated quarterback, whose flaws as a passer would be drawn into sharp focus if receivers of the caliber of Moss or Owens were running the routes -- and watching the balls skip to them or sail over their heads.

So what will become of all of this? We used to think Moss was destined to return to Minnesota. We now think he'll eventually land in Miami, with former teammate Daunte Culpepper and fellow West Virginian Nick Saban.

But the one thing of which we're sure is that Moss won't be retiring as a Raider.

Last edited:
Think we would be interested IF he was available?

mavfan2390 said:

:rofl:

Only if Belioli consumed a few, ahem, special batches of brownies sent to them by Ricky Williams. And could you imagine Moss on the same practice field as Rodney Harrison? [Rodney is not amused by whiny receivers. :D ]

Call me crazy, but I love Randy Moss. I see him kind of like Corey Dillon of a few years ago, so tired of losing he will gladly keep himself in check and work hard just to have a chance to win. I hate to think of him languishing away in Oakland, he will never have a chance to do anything special with that team. Okay so it'll never happen here, but it's nice to dream.

I have a problem with him..he has no concept of team..pure and simple...I agree give Bioli special brownies and mayeb just maybe they think of it all..

Let's just hope he doesn't go to Miami, or else we'll need to have 100 moderators to control the Dolphin infestation.

I'm not the least bit excited about having Moss, Chambers, McMichael and Brown on the Dolphins offense together :(

mavfan2390 said:

Why did I know this was coming? But, even I didn't think it would be the very next post.

Last edited by a moderator:
hes not trying to get out..hes just saying that he was wanting or expecting to go to B town or ATL

Remix 6 said:
hes not trying to get out..hes just saying that he was wanting or expecting to go to B town or ATL

Try walking up to your boss or going on the radio and saying you'd rather be working someplace else. Tell me how that goes over.

Last edited:
thats what he wanted before. its not like he said.."you know, if i was a Raven or a Falcon right now..i would be a lot happier" He said that Oakland wasnt his plan before. thats what he thought..if he does..let it be. hes Randy Moss..hes also had some issues so you deal with it by not doing anything agianst him

Thanks for posting that Pats1, if nothing else, I've got a new expression for the day with "turdish wideouts"!!!

Alright Randy Moss may whine but how many times did you hear it last year? Not many. And wouldn't you want to leave Oakland too? Who the hell wants to live there? If Randy Moss was somehow on the trading block, the Pats would have to be fools to at least not inquire about him. If Moss played with guys like Brady, Favre, Manning and didn't get a long with them, Moss would loose credibility as a wide reciever in the NFL. My point is, if Moss were traded to the Pats, he would shut up because he would be in the endzone all the time and his team would be winning. That is all Moss wants to do is win, you can't hate him for that. Think of him as Corey Dillon when he was in Cincy.

Although I never believe what Belichick says to 'butter up' an opponent, he was a lot more defensive of Moss than what you might expect in the 2 recent times they played each other (2002/2005). He said that a lot of the media hype can be blown out of proportion.

I think Bioli would look objectively into the situation before declaring Moss a problem child and 'off limits', as Archives mentions.

In the very remote chance that Bioli wants to trade for Moss, I would not mind at all. A lot of these veterans that Bioli brings in help us win a superbowl, and then they are gone back into free agency again (Washington), or decline the following season (Dillon). But we get another ring in the meantime!

TO is like a tougher version of Moss. While Moss is faster and more athletically gifted than TO, TO is more willing to block and showed incredible toughness in the Super Bowl, coming back from a bad injury then having a great game. I don't like Moss simply because he'll check himself out of the game if he's getting bashed, and that's not a Patriot player at all. They're both jerks but at least TO is the lesser of two evils. Even when Moss is happy he has problems.

Last edited:
I think Brady and Moss could flat out slaughter the rest of the league if they played together, even for just a year before Moss was benched/traded/released/suspended/runs over a female cop.

No, I don't think it will ever happen.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
I think Brady and Moss could flat out slaughter the rest of the league if they played together, even for just a year before Moss was benched/traded/released/suspended/runs over a female cop.

No, I don't think it will ever happen.

Give Brady any true, top10 caliber WR (sorry Deion, to me your 15-20th) and that would flat out rule!

Can Chad Jackson be a top 10?

I am not sure Moss could or would ever drink the kool -aid, seems way too self absorbed to understand t-e-a-m. But, better here than in Miami - addition by subtraction if it came to that.

Last edited:
patsacolachick said:
Call me crazy, but I love Randy Moss. I see him kind of like Corey Dillon of a few years ago, so tired of losing he will gladly keep himself in check and work hard just to have a chance to win.
Yeah, except that:

1. the Vikings were'y losers like the Bengals were. The last Vikings losing season was 2002.

2. Dillon didn't take plays off (did you watch the end of the Vikes-Pats game where Moss didn't even step off the line because the play wasn't giong to him? Let the pats D shift and Culpepper's pass was incomplete.

3. Dillon didn't do drugs, run his car into traffic officers, and demand a Corey Ratio.

Moss isn't much like Dillon. If I had to compare him, it would be to Keyshawn.

Yeah Moss had admitted to "taking plays off" and that just won't fly with the lunchpail attitude the Pats carry. Forget about BB, Brady will run that guy out of town on a rail within the first week of TC. Brady demands and expects a lot out of teammates and he has earned the respect to do so.

Moss and T.O. are both headcase wideouts, end of story. It's wishing rather than planning, to think that "oh it turned out he wasn't a malcontent after all," along the Dillon lines. They've both been undisciplined me-first guys, slightly more talented versions of Terry Glenn. You know what? Ultratalented wideouts are fine when you're playing from behind. Give me a balanced attack and a competent defense any day. I don't want to win by 30 and have to see their jackass antics every day until the next game, and I don't want to lose by 10 the next week and hear how "if they threw me the ball more..." or for that matter, "If Brett Favre was our QB..."

PFnV

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back