PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Could this be Mangini's last NFL job???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
File under what a difference a week makes, his violation of the code of silence associated with any culture and ability to have handled this whole situation differently now puts Manjudas under the microscope.. good riddance, maybe he can wind up coaching some division III college in East Bumf..ck, Arkansas.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

As the dust continues to settle regarding last week's storm of controversy regarding the Patriots spying scandal, more and more folks in league circles are talking about the strong possibility that Jets coach Eric Mangini will find it very difficult to be hired by any other NFL team.

Selena Roberts of the New York Times addressed this point on Tuesday, and we've heard similar thoughts from multiple league insiders.

As a matter of principle, Mangini has violated the code of silence. As a matter of practicality, Mangini has shown that he cannot be trusted.

If, as plenty of league insiders privately will acknowledge, there are many tactics utilized by teams that violate one or more league rules, who would ever trust Mangini with the state secrets if he'll be willing to blow the whistle after he leaves?

The reality, however, is that Mangini has likely learned his lesson, and that he knows that he has pulled the trigger on a one-shot pistol. But this doesn't change the fact that no NFL executive could justify taking the risk that Mangini might offer up a sequel.

Re: From PFT, could this be Mangini's last Job???

Mangini will get another job. Probably as a coordinator but someone will definetly hire hin. If Norv Turner can get a job as a HC...anything is possible.

His next job with be with the NFL equivalent of Siberia = CFL !

"Ladies and gentlemen, the coach of your Brockton Boxers, Mr. Eric Mangini..."

He'll get another job.

He was an excellent ballboy in Cleveland.

It's not easy to find someone to rub your balls just the right way to get them ready for NFL game conditions. A good ballboy who can rub balls well is worth his weight in gold.

What Mangini has admitted to the world with this is that he cannot beat Belichick without outside help. Everybody who is makin the excuse that he really didn't think it cause a problem is overlooking the fact that after this happened he complained to the league about the Patriots jamming their headsets, in their oun stadium. What are the chances of that happening? Mangini is a ***** and a stooly. Lowest form of life in America, a guy who stabs the one person who is responsible for his success in the back and then tries to twist the knife a little more as he is trying to pull it out. I hope he has a good retirement plan, he will be retired sooner rather than later I think.

I so hope it is sooner!

Thanks...

10 char.

Sorry! That would be an insult to the CFL. Brockton Boxers would be better!;)

I dunno, Mangina seems to be just the kind of guy naPolian would like in his organization.

No one thought BB would ever get another job after his stint in Cleveland. I have wondered the same thing about Mangini. Patriots ownership was willing to be patient with BB when they hired him, and let him re-build this team. He won the Superbowl in his second season. I don't know if Jets ownership is willing to be that patient with Manjudas. Rumors are already swirling out of Cleveland that Romeo is on thin ice there. The only thing that is going to save his job is a (Tom) Brady-esque season from Brady Quinn.

Mangini screwed himself, first by leaving BB for the Jets, secondly by not drafting Matt Leinert and now thirdly by being a stool pigeon. When the house of cards falls, it will be Eric's own fault.

No one thought BB would ever get another job after his stint in Cleveland. I have wondered the same thing about Mangini.

Two COMPLETELY different situations. One has to do with having the right temperment for being an HC (and was surrounded by good progress/success followed by failure in an impossible situation - the Browns announcing they would move at the end of the season). The other has to do with ratting out TEAM practices and people to whom your loyalty, given what they'd done for you, your career, your family, should have been far greater than what you ultimately displayed.

You don't think teams will wonder, "If Mangini ratted out a guy who gave him his start, slipped him $100 bills when he was working dirt-cheap, what's he going to do to us if we fire him?"

Trust me, Peter is a better coach for Brockton that Mangina is. The program would only suffer.

You don't think teams will wonder, "If Mangini ratted out a guy who gave him his start, slipped him $100 bills when he was working dirt-cheap, what's he going to do to us if we fire him?"

There may be some of that. There may also be some fear that he's toxic, at least as a head coach -- that he wouldn't be able to put together a good staff because of the enemies he's made, and/or that he has a huge bullseye on him and has to be an absolute choir boy, never coming close to coloring outside the lines.

But somebody will hire him. Tony Dungy would just for giggles.

MacDonalds and Burger King are always looking for help.

" May I take your order, sir."
" Yes I'd like a Big Mac and...hey wait... Didn't you used to be famous or something.":D

Two COMPLETELY different situations. One has to do with having the right temperment for being an HC (and was surrounded by good progress/success followed by failure in an impossible situation - the Browns announcing they would move at the end of the season). The other has to do with ratting out TEAM practices and people to whom your loyalty, given what they'd done for you, your career, your family, should have been far greater than what you ultimately displayed.

In our world as fans, this is a great point! But in the money talks world of the NFL no other team is going to give a crap about this if they have the chance to hire Mangini. Loyalty counts for nothing in the NFL, with the only noticeable exception being Tedy Bruschi!

The Cowboys gave Keyshawn another chance after the problems in Tampa Bay. The Eagles and Cowboys gave TO multiple chances after his troubles. Some other team will hire Michael Vick when he is allowed to return to the NFL. We took Corey Dillon and Randy Moss.

In our world as fans, this is a great point! But in the money talks world of the NFL no other team is going to give a crap about this if they have the chance to hire Mangini. Loyalty counts for nothing in the NFL, with the only noticeable exception being Tedy Bruschi!

The Cowboys gave Keyshawn another chance after the problems in Tampa Bay. The Eagles and Cowboys gave TO multiple chances after his troubles. Some other team will hire Michael Vick when he is allowed to return to the NFL. We took Corey Dillon and Randy Moss.

If Mangini goes on for the next 5 years with a solid winning percentage he will get rehired. His problem is that if the jets tank the next two seasons. He would need to go back to a coordinators job to reestablish his reputation before getting another head job shot. Head coaches make the decisions on hiring coordinators and I think it will be very difficult to find a head coach that would hire a guy that he was unsure whether he could be trusted. I get the feeling that often trust is the most important criteria when hiring a coordinator because the HC does not want that person selling him out to the players or to ownership.

But somebody will hire him. Tony Dungy would just for giggles.

OMG, Dungy?!? No frigging way. He'd be easy pickings for The Tubby Judas who would have his long-knives out after the Colts first 2 game losing streak. Even Dungy would realize that. I'd say if I were a HC and my GM hired TTJ as one of my Coordinators I'd be dusting up my resume quicker than a Jet defensive lineman could make an illegal audible call.

It depends on how long he lasts with the Jets. As noted above, if he has a good run with them but it eventually ends, he'll be almost as hireable as anybody else with that resume.

However, if he flames out fast here, then people will wonder if he was good at anything except ripping off BB's ideas. He might wind up fleeing to the college ranks and never looking back.

Mangini is a great position coach, and understands something about running a whole team. So he could handle the football side of the college coaching with flying colors.

I don't know about the recruiting or PR, etc. Weis so far seems to be doing fine at the PR side, but not so well at recruiting. And he has a whole different personality than Mangini.

On the other hand, Saban's personality is a lot like Mangini's, and he's a great college coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST