PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King - Players of the Decade - No Rodney??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatch62

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Peyton Manning, Randy Moss, Ray Lewis lead NFL All-Decade team - 2000s: The Decade in Sports - SI.com

Not many Pats - only Vrabel and Moss. The oversight to me is the worst is Rodney Harrison. I know Ed Reed is a Ball Hawk and I love Brian Dawkins but Harrison was the best S in the decade. His first two years in New England alone almost have to put him on the list. In the 2003 playoffs he intercepted Steve McNair. In the AFC Championship Game the next week against the Colts, he picked Manning in the end zone and forced a Marvin Harrison fumble.

In 2004 he held the secondary together when we lost Law and Poole. He should have been NFL defensive MVP but everyone hates him (another story entirely). In the playoffs he picked Manning. The next week in the AFC Championship game he picked Big Ben and returned it 80+ yards for a touchdown. Then in the Super Bowl he had a sack, and two interceptions (the second one preserved a 24–21 Patriot win). Add those playoffs to his aleady great decade and he HAS to be on the damn list

Here I am thinking Brady is the greater omission.

I agree, Harrison was a big factor on our secondary during those years. Its tough he is not on our roster right now, and a big shame that he is not on that list.

what does one expect...it's Peter F**** King....

Vrabel being on it is a little surprising

yeah i tweeted him about rodney but no response obviosuly. How does antoine winfield make the list i dont know.

Here I am thinking Brady is the greater omission.

That's beyond bizarre to me. How anyone doesn't pick a QB that took his team to the superbowl 4 times and came away with 3, has broken a few records, is just plain nuts.

Last edited:
Peyton wins 1 ring and everyone forgets about how many times he choked in the playoffs and threw his team under the bus

Belichick was HC of the decade

He made a good argument for Manning over Brady. Obviously we all are biased but after reading it he gave Brady a lot of respect

Rodney shouldn't get in over Ed Reed, i mean just listen too Bill talk about Reed and you know how good he is.

I've got no real problem with Dawkins being there either tbh, dude is a stud. Being beaten out by those guys is nothing insulting. Now if he had gone with Polamalu, i wouldn't have liked it.

The guys i wouldn't have on there are London Fletcher (Ton of tackles, where are the plays?) Hines Ward (simply put there are more talented guys) and even though i loved the way he played, i don't think Vrabel would be on mine.

Rondey may have had the best two years of any safety in the decade (03-04), but it is very difficult to argue with the consistency of Brian Dawkins and Ed Reed. The two that made me the most upset were Manning over Brady, and Antoine Winfield? There has to be a few better CBs from this decade, and Ty Law is one of them.

I agree with Harrison, but Brady is the biggest mistake, but I dont expect anything less from King, who is proving once again why he does not seem relevent in this day and age anymore.. I dont agree with his argument...

I wish I could say that more eloquently,but King is a buffoon. It's Harrison and Reed and Brady at QB. Period.

The Vrabel selection is a stretch IMO.

Last edited:
Well for me it has to be Brady and its about winning it all, Manning hasn't been good enough in the playoffs.
Marvin Harrison has to be on that team and Hines Ward being ahead of him is laughable.
LT has been very, very good, but I'd have AP even though its only his 3rd year in the league.
I'll take Tom Nalen as the Center.
They are the ones that just stand out to me on offense immediately.

I understand the tough call on Manning-Brady. I suspect if the Pats were ahead of the Colts this year and Brady had won the head-head this year he may have voted differently. You're buying low with Brady right now.

He obviously held his nose when putting Belicheck's name down and had to throw Spygate in there. I did not see a negative lead for any of his other picks.

Vrabel does not belong on there, as much as I like him. I think he felt obligated to put a Pat in there given our 3 super bowls.

If you buy Brady over Manning, then Ward makes sense. He is a huge key to Pitt winning games this decade. I can't imagine the Steelers without him.

The whole thing is , if Brady plays last year, I think he would have as much or more victories than Manning... And king says its not about stats... Right:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Rodney shouldn't get in over Ed Reed, i mean just listen too Bill talk about Reed and you know how good he is.

I've got no real problem with Dawkins being there either tbh, dude is a stud. Being beaten out by those guys is nothing insulting. Now if he had gone with Polamalu, i wouldn't have liked it.

The guys i wouldn't have on there are London Fletcher (Ton of tackles, where are the plays?) Hines Ward (simply put there are more talented guys) and even though i loved the way he played, i don't think Vrabel would be on mine.

I actually liked Vrabel being on there, I don't know why but hes just been a solid player in the league since 2001.

Well for me it has to be Brady and its about winning it all, Manning hasn't been good enough in the playoffs.
Marvin Harrison has to be on that team and Hines Ward being ahead of him is laughable.
LT has been very, very good, but I'd have AP even though its only his 3rd year in the league.
I'll take Tom Nalen as the Center.
They are the ones that just stand out to me on offense immediately.

Its players of the decade, 10 years. AP doesnt belong on that list and LT in his prime was better than AP.

Nalen hasnt played since what 06?

I agree with Marvin though, he definatley deserves it more than Ward.

Marvin not being there doesn't bother me.

Not playing this year, played sparingly the last 2.

Hines ward might be the most complete receiver to have ever stepped on the field.

Brady v Manning not touching.

I like Vrabel on the list in the same way that I like Ward. Vrabel was not the best at anything however he had no glaring weakness. He was also a leader and did everything.

Reed is better then Harrison for the Decade. Harrison might have had a great two year stretch but Teams weren't afraid of Rodney the way they were of Ed Reed. On team with a linebacker as good as Lewis opponents still talked about being afraid of Ed Reed.

Muwai deserves the spot at Center. He was/is a beast and if Saturday's mental side of the game wasn't so good would be the only other butt I would want Manning's hands in :)

I think Hester was the better Kick Returner for the Decade then Hall, they both had a 2-3 year stretch of being amazing and that was it. With that said Hester's numbers were better in that same amazing stretch. Hall was pedestrian after those years.

There was no more clutch a kicker in this Decade then Adam V. Is it just a pure coincidence that Neither Tom or Peyton Have ever won SB without him?

I am shocked a little about Winfield over Law or even Woodson but again I think it's the Ward argument, Winfield is a very complete corner.

I was really suprised to learn that Moss was only in Oakland for 2 years, I have never seen someone go from so relevant to who gives a crap in such a short span of time.

I also think a case can be made for Seymour or Freeney over Smith at DE as well, but it isn't that big of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents