PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Personal Viewpoint: Spencer Larsen will be on the 53 man roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's certainly a shot that we keep a true FB, and it very well may be Larsen, but the odds of that seem to be dwindling down as the days go by.

I can't imagine them keeping a pure FB if they decide to keep 4 TE's, and the addition of a guy like Demps isn't helping matters at all.

I personally don't think Bolden is part of the roster either, as he goes to the practice squad. He'll be the guy that we constantly bring up as having an "unlimited ceiling" the next 2 years ;)

my basis for the BMI was purely to point out that weight is different based on height. Everyone always talks about someones weight in terms of playing DT or OT taking no account into how tall they are. We see Gronk as a beast because he is 265 but he is also 6'6 which translates to about 240 if he was 6'3.. From a obesity perspective I don't put a lot of stock into it because people work out and people don't. I think the obesity aspect needs to be updated to reflect the evolution of fitness and weight lifting. I do however think it clearly points out someones height and weight ratio..

Thanks buddy, much appreciated. That's a fair enough point to make.

The IQ of this board is pulled substantially lower by this thread.

"And here we have The "Steve Larsen" Thread, forming what we call The Cone of Ignorance."

coneofignorance5.jpg

I believe you really meant Gary Larsen:

images

gary_larsen.jpg

Re: Personal Viewpoint: Steve Larsen will be on the 53 man roster.

I just don't see Josh going without a FB.
And **THAT** is the bottom line. Until further notice. But without guarantees. And if nothing changes.

Otherwise Spencer For Hire.

Re: Personal Viewpoint: Steve Larsen will be on the 53 man roster.

I hope Shiancoe and Larsen make the team.

QB (3) Tom Brady, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett
RB (6) Danny Woodhead, Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Spencer Larsen, Brandon Bolden, Jeff Demps
WR (5) Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Donte Stallworth, Matthew Slater
TE (3) Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Visanthe Shiancoe
C (2) Dan Koppen, Ryan Wendell
G (4) Brian Waters, Logan Mankins, Dan Connolly, Donald Thomas
T (4) Sebastian Vollmer, Nate Solder, Marcus Cannon, Nick McDonald
DE (5) Chandler Jones, Ron Brace, Brandon Deaderick, Jonathan Fanene, Jake Bequette
DT (3) Vince Wilfork, Kyle Love, Myron Pryor
ILB(3) Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Donta Hightower
OLB(3) Rob Ninkovich, Jermaine Cunningham, Bobby Carpenter
CB (5) Devin McCourty, Kyle Arrington, Ras-I Dowling, Alfonzo Dennard, Sterling Moore
SS (2) Steve Gregory, Nate Ebner
FS (2) Patrick Chung, Tavon Wilson
ST (3) Stephen Gostkowski, Danny Aiken, Zoltan Mesko

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2012

If Larsen and Shiancoe do not start practicing again very soon, they
will have very little chance to make the team.

Last edited:
FWIW, the Patriots' website changed Kettani's designation 5 days ago from the 4th RB to the 1st FB on the depth chart. I thought that was an interesting change.

Last edited:
FWIW, the Patriots' website changed Kettani's designation 5 days ago from the 4th RB to the 1st FB on the depth chart. I thought that was an interesting change.

It was like based on him being the starter in the preseason opener. I like the guys potential he could likely make it on to PS.

Andy really? I mean why do you comment my posts your just going to get me removed from the thread like you did last night... go cry to the MOD..

I don't have time for you or I'd rather argue with grown men who don't tell on each other...

Paranoid much? If you got removed from a thread you did that all on your own.

Fells is on PUP currently. Till he is officially off it doesn't count..

Now like I said go tell on me for being mean ...

Until he is off PUP he doesn't count in a discussion of who will make the team, when it has been reported he is coming off PUP now?
That is an interesting way to ignore a fact.

Until he is off PUP he doesn't count in a discussion of who will make the team, when it has been reported he is coming off PUP now?
That is an interesting way to ignore a fact.

And if he does come off PUP I'd have different views on Larsen making the final roster as I said in my initial post

Early on in the process it seemed like New England would carry a fullback, but Larsen has missed considerable time. At this point his best chance to make the roster would be to beat out Brandon Bolden; what are the chances that New England carries six players in their backfield?

Water under the bridge.. Let's get past our nonsense and back to football

No problem, but you have the wrong pronoun for ownership of the nonsense.

I have seen a lot of articles, stories, threads, posts saying the Pats will not keep a FB. I personally disagree, my feeling is that Fletchers injury really solidified Larsen making the roster.
One large serving of crow coming up!

It's okay BBass, I just stated that Larsen's chances of making the team are good after he was cut.

It's still possible that we keep a FB (Kettani)...not that I think it would happen. Kettani hasn't shown much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes