PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

People are saying other teams would pick up Peyton?

I think it all depends on how much you buy into the injury or not.

That's probably the determining question.

I think Peyton will try for one more year, but this will be a tough fit for Peyton, even if he stays in Denver. There is no way he goes to a team needing a major rebuild like Tennessee or Tampa Bay, and I see it as unlikely he goes to a cold weather location like Buffalo. I wonder about some "wild card" possibilities like San Francisco or Miami where you could make a (probably very flawed) case for one year of Peyton trying to win it all while their young QB takes a back seat. The teams I see as more likely are Houston, St. Louis, and Arizona; none of those are "perfect fits" but neither was Denver when he got there.

One other thought I had was, considering the rumors about his possible post-playing career, it would be fascinating if he went to Cleveland.
Cleveland has a very talented roster that dearly lacks good QB play yet still went 7-9 with very spotty and mostly weak QB play. If Manning can play even halfway decent they could be a 10 win team, would not be a bad fit.

Aging athletes don't lose it copmletely. They lose endurance both short term, and over a long season. IMHO, PM can seerveas a backup, and possibly a platooning veteran, if you can ever platoon QBs. But I'm not sure he could handle the demotion to parrt-timer, nor could his associate QB.

I suspect he would run roughshod over a young developing youngster. The only situation where it might work is where he would be sharing time with another establishedc aging vet. The only situations that might apply are Carson Palmer in AZ; Romo in Dallas; and strangely enough Tom Brady in NE.

I wouldn't want to be the Coach to even try to handle such a volatile mix.

Got to disagree about Carr. He was very impressive for a rookie working with nothing.

I think the Jets should give Geno another shot too. The guy is one of the most physically talented QBs in football. He's worth letting another coach work with while a stop gap vet fills in. Doubt Manning would go to the Jets for a season to take Geno under his wings, even if that would be an amazing opportunity for him and that team.

Manning won't go to a cold weather team. He is either going to retire...south or dome

Am I alone in thinking its either Denver or retire for manning? It probably hurts him enough he had to wear 2 uniforms and not one. Not sure he would want to go through all od that again.

He can still make the short and intermediate throws. He might throw a lot of ducks. But he still passes better than many other QBs in the league.
He couldn't make the short passes even on Sunday. He doesn't have enough zip on the ball, defenders can sit on them.

Peyton with no arms is better than

(Starters this year)
Geno
Sanchez
Manuel
Fitzpatrick
Whoever in Tennessee
Whoever in Tampa
Whoever in Cleveland
Whoever in Redskins
Whoever in Chicago

If I was Peyton, I would go to a dome/hot weather team. Tampa? They might be rebuilding but it's a crap division. Saints and falcons play in dome.

Or Arizona. Who has all the pieces but tough to beat Seattle.
I don't think that's true, really. You're just trading one set of problems for another. If he's done and can't win, what different does it make if sucks less than Geno.

I don't think that's true, really. You're just trading one set of problems for another. If he's done and can't win, what different does it make if sucks less than Geno.

Manning won 12 games this year. I definitely think he can win at least 10 next year. That means NFC south division champs, no? Unless he gets injured.

On other boards. Are they taking crazy pill or am I?

Peyton looks done to me. I cant imagine another team picking him up
Peyton Manning threw for 4700 yards and 39 touchdowns this past season. What are you talking about? Of course another team would pick him up, he had a QB rating over 100 despite playing the final month with a torn quad. I don't even like Manning but suggesting he is done and no other team would pick him up is one of the most idiotic things I have ever read on this board. No offense.

Manning won 12 games this year. I definitely think he can win at least 10 next year. That means NFC south division champs, no? Unless he gets injured.
Unless he improves substantially from his end of year performance, I don't think that's true. Also, you forget that /Manning/ didn't win those games, the Denver Broncos did. You put him on Tenn or Tampa and you think they magically suddenly win 10 games? I don't. More likely he gets killed in the first month of the season.

Peyton Manning threw for 4700 yards and 39 touchdowns this past season. What are you talking about? Of course another team would pick him up, he had a QB rating over 100 despite playing the final month with a torn quad. I don't even like Manning but suggesting he is done and no other team would pick him up is one of the most idiotic things I have ever read on this board. No offense.
That's if you believe the whole 'torn' quad story, which is somehow a 'strained' quad in other stories.

Also, too: Peter King would lick Peyton's taint if Peyton told him to.

Unless he improves substantially from his end of year performance, I don't think that's true. Also, you forget that /Manning/ didn't win those games, the Denver Broncos did. You put him on Tenn or Tampa and you think they magically suddenly win 10 games? I don't. More likely he gets killed in the first month of the season.

Hence why I said if healthy. He is injured now. Part of why the decline and cold weather.

Hence why I said if healthy. He is injured now. Part of why the decline and cold weather.
It's my suspicion that, whatever his injury at the end of the year may have been, he's never going to get back to the level that teams won't be able to beat him with the strategy of taking away the middle of the field and making him throw outside the numbers.

Geno isn't that bad. Or did the pats just make him look pretty good?

Of manning was injured and can return to early season form he could play somewhere. Who knows.

I've heard reports that Peyton had strained quads and/or a torn pectoral.

I have no idea if that is true, however sometime between our game against him and week 16, something happened to manning.

Against us he could throw the ball, but by week 16, he had no arm.

Mechanically he looked fine from wind up until the ball came out his hand. Once the ball left his hand, it was a floater. No zip.

I thought his shoulder or neck was shot because everything else looked ok.

Seems to me, with a little surgery, he will be back and just as deadly.

It's my suspicion that, whatever his injury at the end of the year may have been, he's never going to get back to the level that teams won't be able to beat him with the strategy of taking away the middle of the field and making him throw outside the numbers.

We'll find out soon enough :)

(to use Buffalo as an example) Buffalo finished 9-7 under the QB leadership of a benched Manuel and a journeyman Orton. IMHO the upcoming 2015 Manning transported back to the 2014 Bills would equal the 2014 Bills winning more games and therefore qualifying for the playoffs.

Here's a clear winning formula for a long time non -playoff franchise like Buffalo: (A)Sign QB that increases ticket sales and media buzz + (B)Bills then qualifying for the playoffs = (C) HUGE win for the franchise

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Back