PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pees' contract expires, choses not to return; Breer: had prostate cancer last summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMY: Dean Pees fired (Reiss: expired con); NFP: Patricia "widely expected" to rep

Pees is a free agent. His contract is up.

Pees was a scapegoat, the pats finshed 5th in the NFL points allowed despite having a defence that most would rank in the middle of the NFL in talent level.

If I'm not mistaken the Pats defence was in the top 8 in the NFL in each of the last 4 seasons in points allowed. People forget that in 2007 the Pats led the NFL in points allowed most of the season before finishing 4th and had want 9 straight quarters in the playoffs giving up just 7FG's in that span, before the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl in which they lost because of 2 plays Tyree catch and Kevin Boss 50 yard pass and run on the 1st TD drive.

Re: SMY: Dean Pees fired (Reiss: expired con); NFP: Patricia "widely expected" to rep

I'd LOVE to have Will, but there is no chance. He is head coach in waiting at Texas. I don't see him leaving there for a DC job with New England.

i agree but to play devils advocate mack brown could go on for another 8 years as HC for texas will could come DC here for 2-3 years and if he does a decent job he could go get a HC job in the NFL

Re: Dean Pees FINALLY Fired

I'm sort of hoping Pepper Johnson gets promoted. Too bad RAC is in KC :(

I want someone to come in and install an aggressive 1-gap 3-4.
That will never happen. BB is a 2gap guy.

WHAT A PARTY HAHAHA! this is great christmas has come again yesss bye pees don't let the door hit you on the way out!

i agree but to play devils advocate mack brown could go on for another 8 years as HC for texas will could come DC here for 2-3 years and if he does a decent job he could go get a HC job in the NFL

That's a good point.

Brown looks older than he is. I think he's only around 58, but he's beginning to get up there in years. Will is an amazing DC for Texas, I love his aggressive, disruptive, and confusing schemes. He brings a ton of energy and enthusiasm and his players love him. However, I just don't see it happening. We can still dream though :D

I predicted earlier this week that Pees, the good soldier that he is, would resign, making it easy on BB. That's exactly what he did.

And as a graduate of the University of Texas (B.A. 1982) the University of Texas Law School (J.D. 1985), Longhorn Nation thinks very highly of Muschamp. It would be tremendous to see him as the Pats' D coordinator.

QB12

Why are you so interested in saying you predicted everything?

BTW, usually in these cases, it is the employer who allow the employee to save face by saying it is their decision to leave rather than saying everyone admitting the employee was fired. Not that the employee stepped away for the best of the company. Although we may never know for sure, my guess is that the Pats told Pees that his services would be no longer needed and they would allow him to resign gracefully.

Im fine with the 2gap, as long as the OLB's are legit pass rushers the 2gap could be a nasty D.

BB talked about changes in staff, personnel, and scheme. I was pretty much hoping for the switch, not expecting it. I think the 1-gap is a better system for the pass-happy league that the NFL is today. I don't like the 2-gap defense. It's a bend but don't break, read and react, conservative defense. I prefer aggressive defense.

That's a good point.

Brown looks older than he is. I think he's only around 58, but he's beginning to get up there in years. Will is an amazing DC for Texas, I love his aggressive, disruptive, and confusing schemes. He brings a ton of energy and enthusiasm and his players love him. However, I just don't see it happening. We can still dream though :D
i agree and it would probably guarantee sergio kindle as a pat if hes on the board.
but like you said, we can dream

If BB wanted Pees to stay he would still be here. However, it's framed it's a firing pure and simple.

If BB wanted Pees to stay he would still be here. However, it's framed it's a firing pure and simple.
or maybe pees didnt return because of health reasons

BB talked about changes in staff, personnel, and scheme. I was pretty much hoping for the switch, not expecting it. I think the 1-gap is a better system for the pass-happy league that the NFL is today. I don't like the 2-gap defense. It's a bend but don't break, read and react, conservative defense. I prefer aggressive defense.
Bill Belichick has oe of the greatest track records in the history of the NFL as a tremendously conservative coach. (He is only aggressive when he gets into position to be) BB's philosophy has always been to defend the entire field, not give up the big play, and be effective vs the run (which is still criticially important in a pass happy league because you stay out of pass/run neutral situations.)
EVERY fan prefers an aggressive defense, but I'll side with BBs track record.
How many teams with aggressive defenses can you name who have won SBs? There are not many.

How do you know he would be here if he wanted to stay?
Announcing that he doesnt want to come back does not mean he was wanted back.
No one outside of the Pats front office really knows that answer.

Sorry to see Pees' departure botched up in the media this way.

Would love to see Muschamp come from TX; the guy has done wonders everywhere he has been. As a graduate asst at Auburn in '95 and '96 he was tutored by Bill Oliver and Wayne Hall, both Bear Bryant disciples. Then, at LSU, Saban took over his training. Maybe TX would "loan" him to us for a few years until Mack Brown decides to retire.

you can't blame pees for the schemes cause thats all BB he's 2 gap bend but don't brake. let the offense. beat them selfs defense. dose not work in the NFL any more and BB give pees noting to work with.

they need to bring in some one from a other team to put in a whole new defense. i hate to say it but how good can BB system realy be if it takes players 3 years to learn. it and they can't find the players they need to run it in the draft.

I blame the scouting. The drafting has been miserable.

Bill Belichick has oe of the greatest track records in the history of the NFL as a tremendously conservative coach. (He is only aggressive when he gets into position to be) BB's philosophy has always been to defend the entire field, not give up the big play, and be effective vs the run (which is still criticially important in a pass happy league because you stay out of pass/run neutral situations.)
EVERY fan prefers an aggressive defense, but I'll side with BBs track record.
How many teams with aggressive defenses can you name who have won SBs? There are not many.
steelers twice last decade
ravens once last decade

Perry Fewell sounds like he's about to get that job.

The guy from Jane's Addiction?

I never thought you were a bad consigliere, Tom. You just weren't a wartime consigliere. But you're out, Tom. You're out.

Holy **** yes.

Not sure how to react to this. Clearly, Pees wasn't getting the job done. However where does this leave our coaching infrastructure? It's in an even bigger mess now unless they have somebody in mind to bring in. And what about the OC situation who's going to help there? Too bad nobody the caliber of Charlie Weis or Romeo Crennel weren't available anytime recently :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe