PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pees' contract expires, choses not to return; Breer: had prostate cancer last summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMY: Dean Pees fired (Reiss: expired con); NFP: Patricia "widely expected" to rep

What is with all the Pees love all of a sudden? The schemes sucked, the players sucked, he had to go. Good riddance. Adios. I want someone to instill a tough attitude.

Re: SMY: Dean Pees FINALLY fired; NFP: Patricia "widely expected" to replace

Wouldn't mind seeing Pepper Johnson get a shot. He's done a pretty good job with the defensive line.

How about Jim Leavitt anyone? I doubt he would strike anyone in the Pats locker room..:D His emotion on the sideline is priceless as well.

YouTube - The Jim @ Rutgers

Re: SMY: Dean Pees fired (Reiss: expired con); NFP: Patricia "widely expected" to rep

Mike Reiss just reported via Twitter, citing two sources, that Pees' contract was up at the end of the month and will not be renewed.

Thanks for the update. I added Reiss' Twitter link to my original post.

Damn it...too bad Mangini stayed at Cleveland,We would have taken him back with open arms!!:mad:

You know who would be a fun hire at DC? Rob Ryan.

It's not like he's not without talent, he was the LB coach before Pees (I believe). I never thought he was the problem with the Raiders crap D, and the Browns are just bad all around.

Re: Dean Pees FINALLY Fired

Patricia can't be worse than Pees was.

yes..was about to be post very different than getting fired.
Contract not being renewed is exactly the same as being fired. He no longer has a job because his boss thought someone else could do better.

Patricia can't be worse than Pees was.

Let's not go overboard here. People continue to say both the OC and DC were horrendous yet the team allowed 17.8 PPG and led the league in TOP. Something has got to give. Pees may not be the best, but he wasn't as bad as for instance Mangini.

Why didn't he jump into the Romeo mix???

I can only guess that he already has his replacement picked out.

yep, or maybe he did get into the mix...

It is even less than that. Pees has no contract with the patriots after this season. The HC is looking at his options and has give Pees the heads up that he isn't in the running.

Contract not being renewed is exactly the same as being fired. He no longer has a job because his boss thought someone else could do better.

Reiss, via Twitter:

"One final note on Dean Pees that I think is important to note. Pees contract was up. This decision was as much his as the team's."

You know who would be a fun hire at DC? Rob Ryan.

It's not like he's not without talent, he was the LB coach before Pees (I believe). I never thought he was the problem with the Raiders crap D, and the Browns are just bad all around.

That would be a good hire, he's been here before and been a coordinator for years. I believe his brother coaches in the NFL as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Gosh, wasn't Pees hospitalized due to shortness of breath during the Texans game? If potentially serious health issues forced him to depart, I wish him well and hope he recovers soon. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

What is with all the Pees love all of a sudden? The schemes sucked, the players sucked, he had to go. Good riddance. Adios. I want someone to instill a tough attitude.

you can't blame pees for the schemes cause thats all BB he's 2 gap bend but don't brake. let the offense. beat them selfs defense. dose not work in the NFL any more and BB give pees noting to work with.

they need to bring in some one from a other team to put in a whole new defense. i hate to say it but how good can BB system realy be if it takes players 3 years to learn. it and they can't find the players they need to run it in the draft.

Reiss, via Twitter:

"One final note on Dean Pees that I think is important to note. Pees contract was up. This decision was as much his as the team's."
If the decision was at least 50% Pees' then that would put a different spin on it.

Damn it...too bad Mangini stayed at Cleveland,We would have taken him back with open arms!!:mad:

I think you mean "taken him out with firearms". I've heard that as long as you use a weapon from Belgium, anything goes.

Gosh, wasn't Pees hospitalized due to shortness of breath during the Texans game? If potentially serious health issues forced him to depart, I wish him well and hope he recovers. :(

He had a cold that week.

celebrate good time come on

Isn't BB the real defensive coordinator?

He should fire himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeTedWilliams
Why didn't he jump into the Romeo mix???

I can only guess that he already has his replacement picked out.

yep, or maybe he did get into the mix...

98.5 reported that Crennel promised Pioli that he would give them first shot if he decied to come back to the NFL, apparently hes a man of his word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes