PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatsFans.com Kicks Off 2016 1st Round Draft Day Blackout Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in.

tumblr_n7nw2w1nPq1qfwa93o1_400.gif

Talk about having your "mind in the gutter".....what the hell?:eek:

Thanks for bringing this up, as I brought it up last night because I suspected this.

This is an excellent idea, but it really isn't worth this large scale coordinated effort unless you have a Nielsen box. The focus really has to be on staying off their websites. Not trying to be a stick in the mud, but it's an extremely relevant point.
I put both TV and online in the video, so that's covered. And from what I've heard, the Nielson rating system has changed a bit, and I'm working on trying to get a better handle on that.

from the chappelle show........you'd have to see the skit.......but that guy would make a great goodell

If he was Players would get fined if they didn't test positive for weed.

Chappelle is a funny dude.

I already went all the way on this one. First time in years I haven't participated in the NFL Draft thread.

Claimed I wasn't and I haven't. It was hard but I stand by what I feel is right.

I'll visit next year some time.

I put both TV and online in the video, so that's covered. And from what I've heard, the Nielson rating system has changed a bit, and I'm working on trying to get a better handle on that.

I'm on board with the idea and not trying to be a Negative Nelly, Debbie Downer or the like. Just trying to make sure resources are being allocated properly. I'd say the easiest impact that we KNOW we could make would be to stay off their websites.

I just checked their website, and they do not mention receiving data from cable companies. Advertisers may be getting the data directly from the cable companies, for all I know, but I don't think it's incorporated into the Nielsen ratings themselves.

Television Measurement | Television Ratings | Nielsen

What's up Manx? I'm sure you got all your players lined up with sleepers galore. Hope some of your hard work pays off and they get a few. Congrats on Mason and Cardona last year. Maybe Chip will blunder and release your binky D Smelter?

What's up Manx? I'm sure you got all your players lined up with sleepers galore. Hope some of your hard work pays off and they get a few. Congrats on Mason and Cardona last year. Maybe Chip will blunder and release your binky D Smelter?

Oh God, yes please.

Bump.

4 weeks away... Do you know what you won't be doing?

Blackout now and be a part of the largest do nothing campaign in New England's history since Michael Dukakis ran for President.

One other thing that could be done that would have a very visible presence and one that is highly disruptive is for all Pats fans who are going to the first day of the draft, to identify themselves as Pats Fans and get together to coordinate a very loud chant for every time Goodell is up on stage. As this event is televised live, it would be very difficult to edit this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents