PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats worked out Shaun Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they can.......but why would ellis stay with the jets after getting tossed to the curb?

======================================

Ellis was not cut, his contract has expired, and the Jets have made him an offer for renewal.

Granted the offer was for vet minimum.

Jets have paid Ellis $40 mil. his family is settled in there, why would he not want ot go back to the Jets?

he's got a guilty conscience?

Ellis was not cut, his contract has expired, and the Jets have made him an offer for renewal.

Jets have paid Ellis $40 mil. his family is settled in there, why would he not want ot go back to the Jets?

Really! With all the success they've shared... :rolleyes:

So he can make more money and actually be with a classy team? *zing* :p

To paraphrase the most famous of Patsfans threads because the Jets suck. :p

heh.heh heh heh....hahahahahaahahahahahaahahahaha...hey!!!..where IS our favorite thread anyway????

Last edited:
Interesting footnote (no pun intended to Rex Ryan):

The Jets used the Patriots 1st round draft choice received as compensation when BB resigned as HC of the NYJ and parlayed that to trade up with San Francisco to take Ellis.

Interesting footnote (no pun intended to Rex Ryan):

The Jets used the Patriots 1st round draft choice received as compensation when BB resigned as HC of the NYJ and parlayed that to trade up with San Francisco to take Ellis.

============================================

Ellis is also the longest tenured Jet, and I heard that he needs this season to qualify for life time NFL health insurance.

Come-To-The-Dark-Side-We-Have-Cookies_1921-l.jpg

No way Ellis signs here. This visit is just BB putting the needle to Fatasaurus Rex, and maybe getting him to pay Ellis more than he should.

and OMG, you must go to Gang Green and read the last few pages of the Ellis thread where it is revealed he visited the Pats - it's priceless!!!

Last edited:
I've been talking up Shaun Ellis to my dog all offseason, and saying that I would love to have him on the Pats. My dog is cautiously optimistic that this could happen.

I hope your dog isn't a beagle. I've been burned by a beagle before. :)

...you must go to Gang Green and read the last few pages of the Ellis thread where it is revealed he visited the Pats - it's priceless!!!

JetsInsider has a brilliant thread of folks going buck-nuts over this too, lol.

No way Ellis signs here. This visit is just BB putting the needle to Fatasaurus Rex, and maybe getting him to pay Ellis more than he should.

and OMG, you must go to Gang Green and read the last few pages of the Ellis thread where it is revealed he visited the Pats - it's priceless!!!

link plzzzzzz:D

Maybe he is sick of being a LOSER and would like to join a WINNING Franchise in the New England Patriots. 0-2 in AFCCG that is BRUTAL call me in 7-15 years when the Jets win a Superbowl.:):rocker::cool:

]The PATS will notch 1 or maybe 2 more before the JETS get their 1st SB

Last edited:
Maybe he is sick of being a LOSER and would like to join a WINNING Franchise in the New England Patriots. 0-2 in AFCCG that is BRUTAL call me in 7-15 years when the Jets win a Superbowl.

Fine...Guess we won't call you ever!!:D

we have more $$$ to offer we could sign him if we wanted to

we have more $$$ to offer we could sign him if we wanted to

===========================================

Cap room snapshot, as of Thursday

Posted by Mike Florio on August 4, 2011, 3:57 PM EDT

We previously obtained the salary cap room (or lack thereof) for each team as of Tuesday. Several of you have asked for something more current.

Your wish is our command.

Here’s the info as of Thursday.

The teams with cap space, a day before all teams must be in compliance, are as follows: Buccaneers ($ 29,560,000); Chiefs ($ 28,431,000); Jaguars ($ 28,000,000); Browns ($ 27,620,000); Bengals ($ 27,164,000); Broncos ($26,542,000); Bills ($ 23,460,000); 49ers ($ 22,570,000); Bears ($ 19,300,000); Seahawks ($ 16,387,000); Cardinals ($ 14,603,000); Redskins ($ 11,450,000); Packers ($ 11,106,000); Jets ($ 8,920,000); Dolphins ($ 8,446,000); Colts ($7,925,000); Titans ($ 7,127,000); Saints ($ 7,027,000); Patriots ($ 5,264,000); Chargers ($ 5,031,000); Eagles ($4,604,000); Ravens ($ 3,558,000); Panthers ($ 1,915,000); Vikings ($ 938,000); Falcons ($811,000); Giants ($623,000); Rams ($621,000).

The teams in the red are: Raiders ($15,246,000); Steelers ($8,597,000); Lions ($7,793,000); Cowboys ($6,671,000); and Texans ($3,358,000).

By tomorrow at 4:00 p.m., there should be no teams in the red.

LOL at the Raiders.

Wait, we cant work out Ellis, the board has decided that BB is changing to a 1 gap 43 defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back